Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

laugh.gif

Lebron is coming NYC, man.
roll.gif

[h1]Madison Square Garden's $500M renovation to include wider concourses, giant 'supersuite'[/h1]
BY Owen Moritz
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_msg.jpg
Madison Square Garden via Bloomberg News
A renovated Madison Square Garden is shown in this undated computer rendering.

Madison Square Garden will undergo a $500 million top-to-bottom renovation that will feature wider concourses and more bathrooms in addition to a giant "supersuite" and lavish corporate boxes.

There will even be a party deck and two 10th-floor bridges running the length of the arena with overhead views of the playing surface.

The renovation will include 20 courtside "event-level suites" complete with kitchens and lounges. One top-of-the-line suite will even have a working fireplace.

The "supersuite" will be the size of 10 suites and can be broken down into smaller rooms if necessary.

All 58 suites will be 40% larger than the current offerings.

To make room for the new bathrooms and wider aisles, as well as more food kiosks and improved sightlines, the Garden will take over space used for offices.

MSG exec Hank Ratner said arena brass have carefully studied both the new $1.5billion Yankee Stadium and $850 million Citi Field, which opened in April.

Both parks have been praised for their comfort and modern facilities, though the Yankees were forced to slash season ticket prices because of empty seats and some teams' fans complained about obstructed views at both stadiums.
"We're taking into account every piece of information we can," Ratner said.

The Garden's owner, Cablevision Systems Corp., will pay the entire tab.

"We all know how anomalous that is today," Ratner commented, a slap at the considerable government aid for Yankee Stadium and Citi Field.

He said the renovation will be done in stages during the slow summer months, although construction has yet to begin.

A sales center for the suites is about to open, Ratner noted, and prospective corporate customers will be shown an architectural model of the new arena plus models of the suites. Some work will be finished in time for the 2011-12 season, he added.

The current Garden, the fourth in the arena's 130-year history, opened 41 years ago.

great suites and corporate boxes for some fake %$$ fans to get clients

I'm so excited...

None of that matters to the real Knick fans of NY.

I'd rather pay $200 to see them play on an outdoor playground in the summertime than $2,000 for V.I.P. and "bottle service" in a stadium.

Idiots.

Shouldve just moved across the street to that post office. The section 200/300 seats are unforgiving for 6'2 and over dudes. Long legs in MSG FTL unlessyou got that Spike Lee money
laugh.gif
smh.gif

A 'party deck'? What part of the game is this?
indifferent.gif

Anyway, I really hope we're not seriously considering Holiday over Curry.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

I'll be good with either Flynn or Curry if we don't move up.....
Couldnt agree more. Thats probably my top 2 as well at this point if we keep #8. i like both alot for different reasons.

Jonny flynn is gonna be a star in this league... I can see curry like a jameer nelson type... flynn a rajon rondo with a better offensive game

I wouldn't say Rondo but think more of a taller, more under controlled, better pg skills version of nate, plus he born in NY
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Woodside718

I wouldn't say Rondo but think more of a taller, more under controlled, better pg skills version of nate, plus he born in NY
pimp.gif
You know i love that, and he plays with tons of heart. My favorite player in the NCAA. NY Stand Up
pimp.gif
(Yeah i know its Niagra Falls but NYC aint got much goin on right now
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
)

I would probably be more for Flynn considering hes my favorite player but the only thing is that if we take him that probably means the end of Nate here, whois my favorite player in the L, because of how similar they aree and the dough wed have to drop to retain Nate. so its kinda a double edged sword
eyes.gif

I can see curry like a jameer nelson type
i dont really see much similarities between the two's game, but id def take Jameer Nelson
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so what's it looking like for Nate? Since we are about to draft another guard..............
frown.gif

Get this n' Curry outta here already, piece of sh__ getting me mad.

Back
Top Bottom