GOAT APP legit?

Are shoes listed with no box already at the goat warehouse? Or do the sellers still have them?
u can email them and ask. people can have shoes with no box too. agood way to tell is if the shoe is defected and goat is the one taking the pics. all the pics are taken the same way.

My Citrus 7 pair arrived here this week. Looks good to me. I was surprised to see some of the paint to not be quite as lined up as I expected, but when I looked online on Google images, I see many of them that look the same. We obviously talking about a shoe here that was produced over a decade ago, where I think QC was different from today. Overall, they look really clean and never worn. I plan to change that.

The only thing I was bummed about was that the post-cards that used to come with these was not with the shoes/box. I figured that should be part of the whole retail box. Not a huge deal, as that is more of a collector item, but from what I understood, you're supposed to get the item as retail sold back in the day. Curious what others think.

Planned to try StockX one of these days too. From what I understand prices are a bit better (lower) on StockX, and the validation is about the same.

My Citrus 7 pair arrived here this week. Looks good to me. I was surprised to see some of the paint to not be quite as lined up as I expected, but when I looked online on Google images, I see many of them that look the same. We obviously talking about a shoe here that was produced over a decade ago, where I think QC was different from today. Overall, they look really clean and never worn. I plan to change that.

The only thing I was bummed about was that the post-cards that used to come with these was not with the shoes/box. I figured that should be part of the whole retail box. Not a huge deal, as that is more of a collector item, but from what I understood, you're supposed to get the item as retail sold back in the day. Curious what others think.

Planned to try StockX one of these days too. From what I understand prices are a bit better (lower) on StockX, and the validation is about the same.
Goat only checks if the shoes are described from the seller and if they legit or not. They don't really bother and check if they come with og everything sometimes... For your first purchase on stock x remember to open a new account, so you can get a free $25 off code for your first purchase. Turn out time to get the shoes is similar as goat.

So GOAT told me the pair of Breds I ordered had two noticeable glue stains on one shoe. Should I still take them for $250?

So GOAT told me the pair of Breds I ordered had two noticeable glue stains on one shoe. Should I still take them for $250?
If you are going to wear them, I'd take it. If you're planning to collect them, then maybe no? It's your call. This is where GOAT is useful. 

Yeah, I'd plan to wear them. The stain on the lace eyelets is not that bad since the laces will cover it and crease that part anyway. From a farther away pic they sent, the stain doesn't look that bad. It is basically just a small shiny black spot. Must be some solvent I can use to remove the glue without hurting the leather paint.

There isn't really a clear cut favorite to me on what service is best. I realize people buy different things so this statement may not apply. I'm more of a Kobe guy and have bought a few pairs from goat and a few pairs from stock x.

Goat:

Kobe 9 Details for 240 shipped

Kobe 9 Perspective for 200 shipped

Stock X:

Kobe 9: BHM 300 shipped

Kobe 9 : Inspiration 240 shipped

Goat was actually cheaper for me considering the Kobe 9 details are generally a 300+ shoe. I also got below retail for the other pair.

The area that stock x is better than goat to me is how fast they ship. I received my pairs in 4-5 days. Where goat was more like a 1.5-2 weeks.

@Deepjordan I created a thread on the BT 1s for a legit check I just bought from goat and sort of have a situation somewhat similar to yours however not as noticeable. I wonder if this is a common issue amongst 1s but at the same time I think I am just being super picky. Anyways just posting to let you know you aren't the only one in on this toe box thing. Looking forward to your updates.

@Deepjordan I created a thread on the BT 1s for a legit check I just bought from goat and sort of have a situation somewhat similar to yours however not as noticeable. I wonder if this is a common issue amongst 1s but at the same time I think I am just being super picky. Anyways just posting to let you know you aren't the only one in on this toe box thing. Looking forward to your updates.
Im talking to goat and they are trying to make this right but they haven't yet. The day I received the shoes I emailed goat and I told them that toe box is not centered at all I also emailed them pics. They told me that the shoe is mass produced which I still dont believe maybe the chicago 1s were mass produced idk. They told me I can return the shoes minus shipping which thats bs they should've  covered the shipping. I couldnt afford these shoes 5 years ago finally Im at the point in my life I can afford shoes so I got them from goat. To some people their just shoes but you have no idea how much I love the chicago 1s. I also love my flu games. Theres some shoes I just love so much. The shatterd backboard cost more but to me the Chicago 1s hold so much value. So after I talked to goat I was like damn do I want to return the shoes and take a $28 loss.. oh by the way one time it was $38 because they said the shoe I returned has more value or it weighs more idk which one but they refunded me minus $38 normally its $28. When I looked at my chicago 1s I was like damn do I want to return them and take a loss or maybe people wont notice the flaw at all. Thats the part I was wrong the flaw is so noticeable. More then twice in my mall people have asked me if my shoes are b grade or fake and people gathered around it was so awkward. Maybe you have stronger skin then I do so if you know their authentic and you want to keep them you can. I would return. Im not going to wear shoes that people think are b grade or fake. I wear all of my shoes. I love shoes. Theres some people that just buy a shoe and keep it in their house and not wear them. If i was you I would return the black toes but I havent seen your toebox.. like I said you might have stronger skin then I do. Meaning you might be more confident. If you read the goat forums so many people have said that goat emails them about flaws before they ship out the shoe. Goat has NEVER email me about flaws they just ship them out. I own so many pair of 1s and my toe box is perfect but on the chicago 1s its soo bad. I recently started buying my 1s from sole supremacy I payed more but it was worth it because the toe box is perfectly fine its centered like how its supposed to be. Goat has let me down. If they are reading they know exactly what I'm talking about. Why is it that goat emails other people about flaws but never me? It's not like im super picky or anything the true blues I bought had a small flaw with the elephant print but thats so much more common. By the way I bought my true blues from finishline.  SO many people true blues elephant print is not the same. So many peoples. The toe box I have never seen a chicago 1 or even another pair of 1s where the toe box is not centered. I go to the mall and sometimes I see 1s sitting like the ones that didn't sell out and now I check their toe box just to compare and I have yet to find another pair of 1s where the toe box in not centered. 

@Deepjordan well in your situation I think you are very justified in your reasoning. If it's one of your most favorite shoes then ya I agree with u to return. Also because you toe box is very very noticeably off center making my situation look like kind of a whiner. I honestly think losing 28 bucks isn't that bad to correct an issue or maybe they waive the shipping on a new pair then can send you from another seller? Hope all works out for you bro.

I just sold a pair of 9.5 oxford tans on goat brand new not used never tried on and they just sent me an issue saying discoloration. I never worn the shoe they said they would send me pictures of the issue but I didnt get any yet.  I think they are seriously just trying to get sellers to offer discounts for no good reason.

I just sold a pair of 9.5 oxford tans on goat brand new not used never tried on and they just sent me an issue saying discoloration. I never worn the shoe they said they would send me pictures of the issue but I didnt get any yet.  I think they are seriously just trying to get sellers to offer discounts for no good reason.
Let's just wait until pics come in...share them here when you get them. Might be so minor that you don't have to offer a discount and it'll be fine.

I am really not a fan that GOAT forces you to take pics according to their plan and doesn't let you add extra...my shoes soles looked much nicer than they would up close which is what I wanted to post...hope they don't reject the shoes when they get them. How has your experience been selling non-DS pairs on  GOAT?

how do I even become a seller on GOAT literally requested months ago ... I'm trynna get these pears off

how do I even become a seller on GOAT literally requested months ago ... I'm trynna get these pears off
Has the same problem. Message them and they'll reply quickly. They asked me to send them pics of some example pairs I'd sell and then i was approved a few hours later.

Let's just wait until pics come in...share them here when you get them. Might be so minor that you don't have to offer a discount and it'll be fine.
I only taken these out the box 3x (1 of those times to take pics for goat) and I have no idea how they got chipped and the pictures I took of it earlier does not show the sides chipped like that but like an area with extra glue. Im not offering any discount ill pay to have them shipped back to me and i will sell on my own. I stored these things out of harms way. Might have been damaged by the person inspecting or delivery im not selling any high price items on goat anymore if this sale doesnt go through. Never even unlaced these shoes since they not my size.

Last edited:

I only taken these out the box 3x (1 of those times to take pics for goat) and I have no idea how they got chipped and the pictures I took of it earlier does not show the sides chipped like that but like an area with extra glue. Im not offering any discount ill pay to have them shipped back to me and i will sell on my own. I stored these things out of harms way. Might have been damaged by the person inspecting or delivery im not selling any high price items on goat anymore if this sale doesnt go through. Never even unlaced these shoes since they not my size.
I know right plenty of new pairs had this 'issue' anyways. How much discount were they asking? This is ridiculous. They are going to skewer my pair.

I know right plenty of new pairs had this 'issue' anyways. How much discount were they asking? This is ridiculous. They are going to skewer my pair.
and here are some more pics I took earlier. I never even tried these shoes on and they asking me for a discount. I rather just pay to get them pack to me and sell myself. I didnt give any discount.  Im upset and im going to ask if they are insured if they have to mail back to me I dont want no oops we lost your shoes in the mail and they are not insured when we send them back nonsense. 

look at the bottom photos no paint chipping anywhere ? I swear the person inspecting my pair probably scratched the extra paint off to creat those chips. Im never selling anything expensive on goat again. taking all my yeezys to flightclub from now on.

Last edited:

and here are some more pics I took earlier. I never even tried these shoes on and they asking me for a discount. I rather just pay to get them pack to me and sell myself. I didnt give any discount.  Im upset and im going to ask if they are insured if they have to mail back to me I dont want no oops we lost your shoes in the mail and they are not insured when we send them back nonsense. 

look at the bottom photos no paint chipping anywhere ? I swear the person inspecting my pair probably scratched the extra paint off to creat those chips. Im never selling anything expensive on goat again. taking all my yeezys to flightclub from now on.
they canceled my order. Im never selling anything over $500 on goat again.

Wait if you got before and after photos you must have sent them to them? What did they say?

Also, did you ask them to show you the GOAT pics you used to list the shoes?

Last edited:

Wait if you got before and after photos you must have sent them to them? What did they say?
I didnt send the before pics to them. but I know they have the pictures I used to list the sneakers and there were no chipping on the shoes. but now my sneakers have chipping. eh maybe it came chipped and I never noticed it. I just want my shoes arrive back to me and move on. Now I know to use flight club or stockx instead of goat. 

anyone had sneakers returned from a cancelled order on goat are they insured ???

Last edited:

I didnt send the before pics to them. but I know they have the pictures I used to list the sneakers and there were no chipping on the shoes. but now my sneakers have chipping. eh maybe it came chipped and I never noticed it. I just want my shoes arrive back to me and move on. Now I know to use flight club or stockx instead of goat. 

anyone had sneakers returned from a cancelled order on goat are they insured ???

Last edited:
you are probably good , what are they going to say about some used sneakers. 

I cant believe my oxford tans are chipped now on my before pics do you see any chipping man im mad. Never ever taking a risk like this and selling anything expensive on goat.

Last edited:

you are probably good , what are they going to say about some used sneakers. 

I cant believe my oxford tans are chipped now on my before pics do you see any chipping man im mad. Never ever taking a risk like this and selling anything expensive on goat.
Ya we'll see...but this type of behaviour from GOAT isn't encouraging. I wonder if the buyer of the shoes would even care or notice any of that...GOAT probably tryna get extra profit out of you. Good thing you asked a for a return because now they loose prob around $100 in commission. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom