GOAT APP legit?

brand new. Ive never bought used shoes. Absolutely nothing wrong with buying used shoes.
I feel like it's a risk you take when you order from any online consignment shop. You don't know how subjective their definition of "flaw" is nor do I know how critical your definition of "flaw" as well. You have to assess it with what is the acceptable amount of flaws for that shoe for that production run. If all the pairs have some slight paint chips in one area or slightly yellowing sole right from release date, are those really considered major flaws? They would have to turn back a lot of shoes and that's more of a headache when that's pretty much what you should expect if you bought it on release date.

When I buy from GOAT, I think about it as if I'm buying from a normal shoe store and I accept any small flaws I might see. Some people paying resell like to inspect their shoe extra carefully and make sure it's flawless, but just because you paid more money doesn't mean you're going to get a perfect pair. It's still a release day pair and that's what you're paying for. If you don't like that possibility, then always buy consignment in person so you can inspect the shoe.

@Deepjordan  Damn dude, you should have sent them back when you had a chance. If you feel let down by GOAT maybe you shouldn't buy from them anymore. 

When I sell a pair on GOAT, I always make sure they don't have any major flaws because they are known for rejecting or asking the seller to offer a discount if there are any issues. I'm surprised that they sent you something that was defective. 

Personally, I trust GOAT enough to buy Frags from them as soon as I can.

I feel like it's a risk you take when you order from any online consignment shop. You don't know how subjective their definition of "flaw" is nor do I know how critical your definition of "flaw" as well. You have to assess it with what is the acceptable amount of flaws for that shoe for that production run. If all the pairs have some slight paint chips in one area or slightly yellowing sole right from release date, are those really considered major flaws? They would have to turn back a lot of shoes and that's more of a headache when that's pretty much what you should expect if you bought it on release date.

When I buy from GOAT, I think about it as if I'm buying from a normal shoe store and I accept any small flaws I might see. Some people paying resell like to inspect their shoe extra carefully and make sure it's flawless, but just because you paid more money doesn't mean you're going to get a perfect pair. It's still a release day pair and that's what you're paying for. If you don't like that possibility, then always buy consignment in person so you can inspect the shoe.
I don't care if If the shoe is $200 or $400 a flaw is a flaw. It doesn't matter how much I pay. I have shoes that ive payed under 200 that I care very much about. I get what your saying.  Sole supremacy has yet to let me down I recently purchased 3 pair of 1s in a matter of 30 days. Before I started buying from Goat I had purchased few pair of shoes from sole supremacy and they were legit no flaw that was noticeable like the bordo 7 and grey toes.  Ive only purchased once from flight club and I was happy with it. Goat on the other hand they let me down. I'm so disappointed. I don't want to make goat look bad but Idc they need to step it up. My next purchase is going to be the shattered backboards or the reverse back boards but why should I buy them from goat? I'm not going to its not worth the risk. I bought other shoes from goat that have flaws but I let it go because Its not a big deal people couldnt see them no one said they are fake. The chicago 1s is a big deal because people think they are fake. I have shoes worth more then the chicago 1s. its not about the price its about quality. I don't want to go to places and have to pull out my phone to show people that I purchased them and have to explain that goat said its a flaw.

^^^i feel what you're saying. Maybe they don't care for letting flawed pairs get to the buyers. I'm 1/4 from buying from goat. One issue is they caught a fake pair of wc88, another I bought a size 10 beluga for a good price but goat said the seller sent the wrong size so I never got them. Third I bought another wc88 I just got them this week. Every thing looks good and checks out so I'm keeping them. Fourth I bought another pair of belugas and it had a flaw on it. It looked like part of the pk was had a hole in it. I brought it to their attention and they said stuff like that happens it's mass produce etc. unfortunately I didn't get my shipping back. I argued and I still didn't get my shipping fee waived. So I lost like $15.

Here's the pk on the belugas I'm talking about. If any one has a legit pair of belugas sz.10 for sale please hit me up. I've been trying to hunt down two pairs for the longest...

View media item 2397316
View media item 2397320

Last edited:

@Deepjordan  Damn dude, you should have sent them back when you had a chance. If you feel let down by GOAT maybe you shouldn't buy from them anymore. 

When I sell a pair on GOAT, I always make sure they don't have any major flaws because they are known for rejecting or asking the seller to offer a discount if there are any issues. I'm surprised that they sent you something that was defective. 

Personally, I trust GOAT enough to buy Frags from them as soon as I can.
Believe me I wish I did. I got them on a friday. I sent pics to goat and asked if this is legit and they told me that is common because they were mass produced. I still have their email. I wore them the next day because me and my friends went out and I really wanted to show of my new shoes. These shoes mean so much to me. If i spend more then $500 on shattered backboards Im still going to like the chicago 1s more because of what they mean to me. They have so much meaning to me. My parents couldnt afford these shoes I payed for them with my own money.  The main reason Why I didn't return them right away is because If I did I would lose $28 for shipping.  I couldve have thrown another $35 and got them from sole supremacy. But instead I wore them because I thought people wont be able to tell but they can tell. Its so awkward. If I had known people would think I have fake chicago 1s I would never have worn them. I was so eager for the chicago 1s that I tried to over look the flaw and that was my biggest mistake. But I did contact goat and they told me these are mass produced its common. I have yet to find another person who has the chicago 1s with the toe box thats not centered. 

idk man I'm going to need to see some pics of these flaws. Honestly it sounds like you're way too picky when dealing with Nike/Adidas shoes bc their QC is ***. If you're expecting perfection, buy some Buscemi or something like that.  Nike/Adidas are going to have some minor flaws. 

idk man I'm going to need to see some pics of these flaws. Honestly it sounds like you're way too picky when dealing with Nike/Adidas shoes bc their QC is ***. If you're expecting perfection, buy some Buscemi or something like that.  Nike/Adidas are going to have some minor flaws. 
I can send you pics or I can post them on here. Minor flaws is okay. But mine is not minor. one shoe the toe box is not centered.

I can send you pics or I can post them on here. Minor flaws is okay. But mine is not minor. one shoe the toe box is not centered.
We all have different definitions of minor. Are we talking 1cm off or an inch off? 1cm is whatever to me.

We all have different definitions of minor. Are we talking 1cm off or an inch off? 1cm is whatever to me.
I wish I could say a cm. Idk cm or inches exact but I can measure it lol. Its defiantly more then 1 cm I can tell you that. If you like I can send you pics. I can even post them on here and I do feel like I will be hurting goat rep a once everyone sees the pics. I dont want a discount. I want them take the pair back and Ill buy the same exact shoe  long as the toe box is not messed up.  or just give me refund and Ill buy the shoes from some where else. I wan't goat to make this right. I contacted them the first day I got the shoes. They replied pretty fast normally they take a day and they told me that this shoe is mass produced and that flaw is common. I don't believe that. At the time I did. I truly thought people wont be able to tell the flaw once the shoes are on my feet but I was so wrong. IF I stand still its so noticeable or if I sit down on a chair its so noticeable. If goat had let me return them for free I would have but they wanted me to take a $28 loss. I should have just bought them for $450 from sole supremacy but I wanted to save $60. My biggest mistake. 

@Deepjordan  post the pics. You can't hurt GOAT's rep. You had the option to send them back and if they are as bad as you say they are GOAT would have taken them back without charging you. Plenty of people have sent back pairs without having to pay to ship them back. 

@Deepjordan  post the pics. You can't hurt GOAT's rep. You had the option to send them back and if they are as bad as you say they are GOAT would have taken them back without charging you. Plenty of people have sent back pairs without having to pay to ship them back. 
Heres a pic. I can take many more. My royal 1 is perfect nice and centered. My chicago 1s are not. Ive never seen a 1 like that... I own 2 pairs of the royal 1s, all star 1s, black toes, banned 1, top 3s, and only my chicago 1s are messed up. If there is someone else with a pair of of chicago 1s that isnt centered please show me it will make me feel better. People have straight up asked me if my chicago 1 are b grade.. no one has ever asked me that about any other shoe. 

You talking about the perf hole? I would have never noticed that. It's literally less than 1cm off. And lol at anyone that miring your shoes so hard that they noticed it.

EDIT: nm now I see that the point of the toebox is not pointing to the front of the sole. I see it now. Yea that's not cool.

Last edited:

You talking about the perf hole? I would have never noticed that. It's literally less than 1cm off. And lol at anyone that miring your shoes so hard that they noticed it.

EDIT: nm now I see that the point of the toebox is not pointing to the front of the sole. I see it now. Yea that's not cool.
Thank you. Flip the picture over.  We can facetime or skype and I will show you the shoe. I own the all star 1s, the banned 1s, 2 pairs of the royals, top 3, black toe, and none of those shoes the toe box is messed up. I feel like the picture doenst do its justice but the toe box is 100% not centered like my other 1s. I'm not stupid. Im just letting other people know that this is my experience. Id rather buy from sole supremacy or even flight club and not worry about the toe box being messed up. goat did me dirty. Why would people ask me if my chicago 1s are fake or b grade?

@Deepjordan   Damn, that sucks. I would have sent those back. 
My man I wish I had. I emailed them the day I got them and they told me its common and this shoe is mass produced. I believed them. Also what people might not know it takes 7 to 10 days to get your refund then you have to buy another pair and then wait another 2 weeks for shippings. Its a month process. If I had returned them I would've had taken a $28 loss. 390-28= 362. I feel like they should have let me return them for free no way I should have to pay for shipping thats another reason why I didn't return them. Also I thought once they are on my feet maybe people wont be able to tell I was so wrong. First thing first no way GOAT Should have shipped these shoes out to me. They let me down. 

Yeah, I would have sent those Chi 1's back and demanded a shipping refund too. I returned some RSBB's to GOAT once because the tongues were different sizes. One appeared to have been from a GS pair and the other a normal sz 12 Men's pair. That's a huge factory flaw (enough to make them B grade or worse) that GOAT should have caught and informed me of. I would have cancelled the order had I known beforehand. 

Yeah, I would have sent those Chi 1's back and demanded a shipping refund too. I returned some RSBB's to GOAT once because the tongues were different sizes. One appeared to have been from a GS pair and the other a normal sz 12 Men's pair. That's a huge factory flaw (enough to make them B grade or worse) that GOAT should have caught and informed me of. I would have cancelled the order had I known beforehand. 
I just emailed goat, Im hoping they make this right. I will keep you guys in touch. 

I just emailed goat, Im hoping they make this right. I will keep you guys in touch. 
Yeah, keep us updated on what happens. Next time, get some more opinions on a shoe's flaw before wearing them though! That misalignment of the toebox is awful. Here's some pics of the RSBB I sent back to GOAT. You can easily see how bad the tongue discrepancy is. 

sold some yeezys.

says we are attempting to process you order etc.

been saying this for over a week. so annoying. 

goat needs to fix this and cancel the order for you if their payment doesnt go through.

Anyone getting errors with the app? Keeps saying oops and saying my request has been blocked. It even gives me the errror after I logged out and tried to log back in. Going to try and delete and re-download the app.

View media item 2398711

Last edited:
sold some yeezys.

says we are attempting to process you order etc.

been saying this for over a week. so annoying. 

goat needs to fix this and cancel the order for you if their payment doesnt go through.

Message them. That's probably an error because processing an order never really takes more than a day

Are shoes listed with no box already at the goat warehouse? Or do the sellers still have them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom