GOAT APP legit?

GOAT has the most awful customer service. I bought a pair of 2013 Multicolor Flyknit Racers and was sent the 2016 Multicolor Flyknit Racers. I sent them pictures and they agreed to refund me in full if I shipped the shoes back within 3 days using their prepaid Fedex Ground shipping label. The only issue is that I'm located in Canada and everything being mailed internationally has to have a commercial invoice. I already wasted two hours of my time driving to the nearest Fedex location and having the packaged routed back to me because of the fact that it did not have a commercial invoice for import/export. I asked them for this and they sent me a personal invoice instead that it isn't suitable for customs. I explained this to them but they were utterly clueless and claimed that this is all I need to return the shoes.

I had filed a Paypal claim after I initially received the shoes because of the fact that they took so long to respond to me. The only issue is that I closed the dispute after they issued me the return label because I thought everything was fine. I think I paid for part of the purchase using my CC, so I suppose I could try to file a chargeback. I complained and had them re-open my ticket on the app, but they were supposed to escalate my ticket to another department a week ago and haven't done so. I'm pretty much stuck with a pair of shoes that I'll lose $100 USD + selling one eBay thanks to their negligence.

How long does it take stockx to validate? .. pair got there this early morning said theyd look it over to release funds. 530 still nothin

always same day for me. but it may all depend on how busy they are.

this week I sent 2 pairs in - both arrived at goat on the same day. first pair was verified and funds released at 11am pst, the 2nd pair wasn't done until 530pm.

How long does it take stockx to validate? .. pair got there this early morning said theyd look it over to release funds. 530 still nothin

Same day, next day at the latest

Shoes could have been. Authenticated just not paid out

Happened to me last sale, got authenticated same day and said payout pending and was paid next morning

Thanks for the responses so far. Goat newbie here; they finally accepted my listings.

One of my pairs I'm thinking of selling (DS) has a minor dent on a corner, but it's not considered to be "crushed," "torn," or "ripped"

Can this pass as an undamaged box?

That box will pass just fine. I've sent boxes in worse condition and they've passed

can i sell these as ds on goat. has creasing.

Attachments

• 15208983837701243624876.jpg
    15208983837701243624876.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 35
Those are natural creases, should pass no issue

If they were across the toe box and looked tried on (even if they weren’t) good chance they would get denied from what I’ve read on here

Have never had issues with goat until now. Sent them a pair of royal 1s and I get this today

"While we have received the package containing the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Royal' 2017 , it does appear that the box we have received from you is empty.

After inspecting the box as well, it does not appear that the box had been tampered with and that the package may have been shipped to us without the sneakers included in the package. For now can you please provide the receipt that was provided to you at the UPS store when the sneakers were dropped off and the box was purchased?"

There's no way the box was not tampered with and the shoes wasn't there unless they did something. I dropped off my box without a receipt so I guess I'm SOL.

Have never had issues with goat until now. Sent them a pair of royal 1s and I get this today

"While we have received the package containing the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Royal' 2017 , it does appear that the box we have received from you is empty.

After inspecting the box as well, it does not appear that the box had been tampered with and that the package may have been shipped to us without the sneakers included in the package. For now can you please provide the receipt that was provided to you at the UPS store when the sneakers were dropped off and the box was purchased?"

There's no way the box was not tampered with and the shoes wasn't there unless they did something. I dropped off my box without a receipt so I guess I'm SOL.

have you been in this thread? you guys should ALWAYS be getting a receipt. I was a fool for over a year not getting any receipts. started doing it now no matter what.

that ****ing sucks man :smh:

have you been in this thread? you guys should ALWAYS be getting a receipt. I was a fool for over a year not getting any receipts. started doing it now no matter what.

that ****ing sucks man :smh:
What would the receipt do? Show weight?

Even at receipt of a box whether at a ups location or affiliate, they don’t always weigh packages or correctly at that. If Goat’s intention here is for you to prove if the box was received empty or not, then you should ask UPS to investigate. UPS relies on billing weights at some point during transit, so an investigation should prove that it wasn’t an empty box while in transit. I don’t think it’s fair that the proof should fall on the sender, since Goat provides/insures the package labels and certainly shouldn’t be on weather you can send them a ups receipt since it obviously was received and delivered by UPS to goat.
Obviously as mentioned many times it’s always good to get a receipt, in cases of packages not even scanned in and “lost”. Also what does Goat mean by “...and the box was purchased?

Edit: just as I was replying here, I just got an notification/email about a damaged shoe box I sent them. I sent the shoes on Tuesday night, and they received it Wednesday morning. Normally they would cash out within hours. I am certain the shoe box itself wasn’t damaged whenI shipped, as they pictured. So I’m guessing it must of been damaged during transit, so the outer box should have had visible damage. I’m wondering in that case shouldn’t it be covered by goat or by ups?

Last edited:
Everytime i go to UPS it’s put on a scale and scanned.

Shows the weight in the label.

If the package is scanned without weight it will say whatever was entered for the label I think which would be 4lb

Either way, the receipt will have a valid weight one way or another unless you’re sending a box without anything in it

I know this because I sold a pair of shoes the week of Christmas and UPS store by me was hammered with people waiting. The guy on the other side took drop offs with no scale and scanning packages in and the receipt came up as 4lb which at that time someone could ship an empty box but the receipt would show the package dropped off as something inside such as shoes or whatever.

The whole point for goat is they use insurance through a 3rd party due to the value of shoes and with all the fraud, stolen package, etc etc the sender needs proof, goat can’t go against me if I have proof I dropped off a package with shoes in it and they say they got an empty box, they would then know the seller/sender did ship out the shoes and that they would need to file a claim with UPS

Last edited:
I've never gotten a receipt without a weight on it. One retailer would refuse to give receipts, unless you purchased postage at his store, so I refused to use their services.

Man you can't even sell shoes in peace smh. The UPS by my job doesn't give receipts but the one by my house does without me even asking. I guess I've been gambling. UPS employees are probably hip to the addresses for places like Goat and stockx

Exactly, there'll always be a "weight" listed on a receipt whether it's actually properly weighed or not. So the only logical reason Goat or its third party insurer requires a counter receipt for would be to prove if a lost package was indeed dropped off or scanned in, not to actually prove if it was an empty box with nothing in it.
As far I remember goat never mentioned in writing that a seller has to get a receipt for protection purposes, if it were to arise. There's sellers that might also use UPS' pickup at home or an office that doesn't actually leave any paper receipt. Also third parties retail points like Staples that rarely weigh correctly or scan at the counter in regards to the ups billing weight of packages. It's a slippery slope.

I don't think it should have to be in writing, it's the only proof you can provide that you shipped a package with a carrier. It could be a 4 pound box of *** holes and not shoes but you'll be able to prove it wasn't an empty box :lol:

But GOAT got bigger fish to fry if that pic/story is, no pun intended, legit :lol: :nerd:

That's precisely why there's nothing really protectIng goat or the 3rd party insurer in terms of proving if the box was actually empty of not. So what the poster earlier said about Goat asking for a shipping receipt doesn't prove anything to them in terms of his sale.
As with goat putting in writing, it protects them as well as their customers with all the shadiness that goes on with the shipping carriers.

That's precisely why there's nothing really protectIng goat or the 3rd party insurer in terms of proving if the box was actually empty of not. So what the poster earlier said about Goat asking for a shipping receipt doesn't prove anything to them in terms of his sale.
As with goat putting in writing, it protects them as well as their customers with all the shadiness that goes on with the shipping carriers.
Another member had the same issue a few pages back. GOAT said they received an empty box, the sender provided the drop off receipt and was cashed out. In the case of damaged box a receipt won't help. Perhaps GOAT should put it in writing to get a receipt for people who don't think like me. Like Lonzo said, "It's not what you know it's what you can prove" In this case proving you didn't ship an empty box. I don't ship many packages so I can understand it could be a pain for someone shipping a bunch stuff..

not a pain at all, it takes literally two seconds :lol:

they scan, 5 seconds later a receipt is printing and you're out the door.

thankful they switched to UPS since a bunch of my USPS wouldn't even scan at the desk and no way in hell they were giving a receipt for something they won't scan.

Reactions: ARK
Yep, should take seconds, not a hassle but only if you're dropping off at a ups store. But as you guys mentioned the receipt doesn't really prove anything other than a ups location received some shipping box with goat's label affixed.
I just thought it's just odd that goat would require a counter receipt from a seller as any tangible proof, since it doesn't actually prove shoes are inside. Goat receiving a labeled box from ups already proves that.
My best guess would be the whole receipt procedure is for documentation purposes when they file all their claims with the insurer, to make a better case.

Yep, should take seconds, not a hassle but only if you're dropping off at a ups store. But as you guys mentioned the receipt doesn't really prove anything other than a ups location received some shipping box with goat's label affixed.
I just thought it's just odd that goat would require a counter receipt from a seller as any tangible proof, since it doesn't actually prove shoes are inside. Goat receiving a labeled box from ups already proves that.
My best guess would be the whole receipt procedure is for documentation purposes when they file all their claims with the insurer, to make a better case.
It proves a 3.8lb box was shipped, not an empty box. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom