GOAT APP legit?

Need some quick help, how good are the deals for us Canadians? I was mainly afraid of the duties and such, don't have the app yet.

It's not just the box. Shoe should have got the outlet when bgrades drop

View media item 2201672
Plus the orange wing is choppy but I don't have the pic and the shoes in storage already. Along with Two deformed toe boxes.
It's only a box dog

I'm not defending GOAT but what's the issue? I mean just return them?

You can order from any website or store and get the same pair or worse.

Idk if you're new to Jordan's but this has been very very VERY common for a long time now.

I've legit grown immune to it where there's no point in complaining because in the end, it's either keep the shoes or return them and get your money back and pay resell for a pair that "might" be better but basically same **** at the end of the day

Just me though

GOAT has the worst customer service ever, I'm done with them. Will try to keep this brief and readable:

1) Shoes sell 10/7 12:18 AM. I drop off morning of 10/8 (Sat). USPS doesn't update shipping info til 730pm Mon (Columbus Day). 9:20 GOAT sends me cancellation email, docks my seller rating. They claim automatic cancellation happens at 72 hours, which is obviously a lie. I ask them to just reroute the shoes back to me so I can be done with it, no dice.

2) They say they'll contact me "as soon as" they receive my kicks. They don't contact me for 96 hours, and only did after I reached out. They tell me that it will cost $9 to ship back to me, or they can consign. I say send them back to me, if you charge me $9 then I'm done with your platform out of principle, if you don't charge me, I'll still use it. $9 is a fraction of what they'd get on a commission, it should be a no brainer.

3) They respond that they made a "mistake" and now it'll cost $41.58 to ship back to me. I call BS and say you charge customers $10 for shipping. Please provide me a detailed explanation of how you get to $41.58. No response from them.

In short, just know that if anything goes wrong, you're literally going to get zero support help from them. They explicitly told me no voice support and if they're not willing to ship a pair of shoes back to me, it's pretty clear that they're basically unwilling to lift a finger.

It's so weird how everyone has issues yet everytime I've contacted them I get a response rather quickly no more than 1-2 hours later everytime

Kinda weird

GOAT has the worst customer service ever, I'm done with them. Will try to keep this brief and readable:

1) Shoes sell 10/7 12:18 AM. I drop off morning of 10/8 (Sat). USPS doesn't update shipping info til 730pm Mon (Columbus Day). 9:20 GOAT sends me cancellation email, docks my seller rating. They claim automatic cancellation happens at 72 hours, which is obviously a lie. I ask them to just reroute the shoes back to me so I can be done with it, no dice.

2) They say they'll contact me "as soon as" they receive my kicks. They don't contact me for 96 hours, and only did after I reached out. They tell me that it will cost $9 to ship back to me, or they can consign. I say send them back to me, if you charge me $9 then I'm done with your platform out of principle, if you don't charge me, I'll still use it. $9 is a fraction of what they'd get on a commission, it should be a no brainer.

3) They respond that they made a "mistake" and now it'll cost $41.58 to ship back to me. I call BS and say you charge customers $10 for shipping. Please provide me a detailed explanation of how you get to $41.58. No response from them.

In short, just know that if anything goes wrong, you're literally going to get zero support help from them. They explicitly told me no voice support and if they're not willing to ship a pair of shoes back to me, it's pretty clear that they're basically unwilling to lift a finger.

That's some BS on their part :smh:

I do say if you are selling shoes, try and send within 24 hours and make sure USPS scans the package the second you drop it off so you don't run into issues

Yeah well sometimes the line at the USPS absurd esp on a Sat and they say to drop them off at USPS, nothing about make sure they are scanned into the system and updating. And as I mentioned, they were dropped off on Sat.

Now they're still holding my kicks and zero response when I asked for how they get to $41.58

That $41.58 is absurd. No way in hell it costs anything to be shipped coast to coast, at most $25 ... yet you charge a buy only $10

Gtf0h

And exactly it says dropped off at USPS, not scanned. Postal workers dont even scan at every stop. On top of that it was a holiday. Man F that. Get your shoes back and do a charge back or something

Last edited:
here's hoping they move the shipping to UPS where they scan every package right when you drop it off. usps packages just sit there until someone collects them.

here's hoping they move the shipping to UPS where they scan every package right when you drop it off. usps packages just sit there until someone collects them.
I prefer usps because of the speed, doubt they'll do anything other than ground if they move to UPS. I could be wrong though. It's annoying but I just wait in line and make sure they scan when I drop it off. Gives me peace of mind.

Not sure how they're coming up with the return shipping costs. $42 is outrageous.

All of their responses are just canned, generic crap that keeps regurgitating the same talking points. Here's what I wrote to them in my last response:

"Your response emails are incredibly infuriating because you keep returning to the same talking points. I've read that pointless explanation of your system too many times to read again.

Can you at least admit that yes, you get to take your time dealing with complaints but no, sellers have zero flexibility?

What I asked for was a detailed breakdown of how you get to $41.58, not an explanation of why your systems don't work.

You're absolutely outside of your minds for thinking I would consider selling something through your platform, good grief.

I'm done with being polite."

Seriously, stop using them before you pull your hair out, it WILL happen with how crappy their systems are.

Legit Check thoughts
nerd.gif
Air Presto thread moving type slow so wanted to ask

These are official.

Looking to get a pair for myself. They are so fire.

Did you get a fair deal?

No, because I dropped it off in a collection bin rather than waiting in line. But also note that GOAT's policies and the button say "dropped off with USPS"

If you drop off in the bin it's hit or miss

The spot I drop off won't scan til tomorrow evening most times so I've been past the 72 hour thing but now they are strict I will go and have them scan it

Yeah, and that's on them for not being more clear. But cancelling it even after USPS updates tracking is absurd, then not rerouting them back to me, then claiming I need to pay them $42 bucks to give me my shoes back.

FOH, that's terrible customer service in a service-oriented business. I hope they fail miserably soon.

Last edited:
Ive been wondering this for like a month now. But say youre consistently seeing your shoes sell on GOAT..

So for about 3 weeks i just let my money sit there in the credits before cashing out after the month. What happens if you got money in your credits and GOAT goes out of business and shuts down the app. What happens to your funds :x

It's so weird how everyone has issues yet everytime I've contacted them I get a response rather quickly no more than 1-2 hours later everytime

Kinda weird

Same here, I reading all these horror stories and everything been smooth for me

It's smooth...until it isn't. Prior to this, everything was fine. But when they actually have to do "customer support" their true colors come out.

You don't find out about people when everything's going well, it's easy to be great when that's happening.

For those of you who continue to sell, best of luck.

Last edited:
I prefer usps because of the speed, doubt they'll do anything other than ground if they move to UPS. I could be wrong though. It's annoying but I just wait in line and make sure they scan when I drop it off. Gives me peace of mind.

Not sure how they're coming up with the return shipping costs. $42 is outrageous.

yeah giving up 2 day shipping with usps is tough. im with you with the waiting in line thing. that can get annoying but it gives you the piece of mind. with ups i just drop my packages off and go. never a line. always scanned. ive been gambling with usps and leaving my packages.

For like the 12th time USPS did not scan my package until it was already in Culver City/SoCal. GOAT kept sending me repeated messages to ship it/call USPS to locate it or risk cancellation.

Unless their policy changes, all we are required to do as a seller is drop off the package to USPS. I do not have time to wait in line for 30 minutes for the USPS employee at the counter to just throw my package on the counter. 90% of the time I've sat in line and got to the front and asked them to scan my package, they told me to just put it on the counter with the other drop offs and they will scan it. Seriously, USPS annoys me to no end. Either GOAT needs to switch to UPS because they will always scan it (and ask if we want a dropoff receipt) or shut up about USPS. Not to mention UPS lines are usually no more than 1-3 people at most small stores. 

I have selected the package as "dropped off" at USPS maybe 1 time before actually dropping it off in over 40 sales. So stop repeating that message to me GOAT! 
That $41.58 is absurd. No way in hell it costs anything to be shipped coast to coast, at most $25 ... yet you charge a buy only $10

Gtf0h

And exactly it says dropped off at USPS, not scanned. Postal workers dont even scan at every stop. On top of that it was a holiday. Man F that. Get your shoes back and do a charge back or something
With Priority Mail and depending on the shoebox size and weight, a package (3-4 lbs) typically costs $10-13 or so to ship Priority mail 2 day from SF Bay Area to SoCal. USPS raised their prices recently. I think from Cali to NY would be around $15-16 at most one way. 

Last edited:
Jesus Christ goat makes you jump through hoops to sell on there site.

Don't they know how usps is
I sent out a package this past Saturday that was supposed to reach the buyer on Monday and still on the way Thursday.

Thank goodness the buyer is a nice and patient person

Usps is the worst until goat can figure that it out the hell with them
I'll stick with Niketalk
Or let them change to ups and I might still give them a chance but it's not worth the hassle with these problems I keep reading in this thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom