GOAT APP legit?

Took me a few weeks to approved, just sold a pair of Yeezy 1 on there and have two other pairs listed. This is my first transaction so I'm a bit anxious to see the turn around time.
I do want to see how they treat factory defects that were not caused by use. It would be annoying to have those pairs rejected.

Just want to apologize in advance for having a long post, but people should know this. 

I have been selling on GOAT for a few months now and decided 3 weeks ago to make a purchase on it. I decided to buy a pair of Yeezy 750 TB. The whole transaction process went smoothly. Seller shipped and the yeezys got authenticated. Normally, GOAT ships with 2 day priority and from my past experiences with USPS, it usually takes that time for the package to get to its destination. GOAT shipped it out on a Friday, but tracking never updated again until the following Weds. At first, I did not see as an issue, but when I received the yeezys, things took the turn for the worst.

It was raining the day it was delivered, so I immediately signed for the package and went inside to open it up. I noticed that the packaging was a bit sloppy with the tape work. I opened it up and took out the shoe box and when I opened the box, there was nothing inside it. 
nerd.gif

I immediately opened up the app and went to "my orders" and reported an issue it since I did not receive my yeezys. GOATs automated email service sent me and email saying that they would contact me immediately. I did not get any contact for 4 hours so, I called up USPS and my credit card company to file claims. I called the number that GOAT has for "customer service" and its actually an answering machine telling you to send an email. During those 4 hours I sent a few emails with an pictures and details of the packaging. When they got back to me later at night, they said that is not the way they package it and that they will do an investigation. 

I went online to look for GOAT purchasing reviews to see the packaging and I found this video. 

My package looked nothing like that. After inspecting my box, I realized that somebody opened it up from the bottom and re-taped it with some clear-ish duct tape. You can actually see the brown tape through the new tape and it has been opened. 

After a few days passed, I got an email from GOAT saying that they will speak to their USPS rep. The claim I filed with USPS got closed within a couple days, but I got my initial request of the actual price of the yeezys declined and was only given $100. I spoke to a customer service rep and with my USPS branch manager since I had to ship something out that day and they both said, although my purchase was $1,xxx, GOAT only took the insurance from the signature confirmation which is $100. Bc of that USPS closed my case and decided to pay me out $100. 

Since I did got any contact again from GOAT, I called my credit card company to follow up on my claim. They contacted GOAT, but never got a response, so after a week of waiting they decided to override the charge on my card and get my money back to me. 

Although I got my money back, I think it is just ridiculous what happened and there were red flags that people should be aware of. 

- Customer Service is pretty lacking

- They don't insure the package of the actual $ amount

I know a lot of ppl have been saying that GOAT and StockX is the safest way to go, but I just want to let them know that things like this can happen and it is not completely 100% safe. They do provide great platforms for selling, but anything can happen like my situation. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say whoever picked up the packages from goat obviously knows it's shoes and before getting back to the post office went inside and opened a few packages. Very easily could be done inside the truck while going to the post office to actually enter the system.

That sucks but glad you got your money back, very unfortunate and can happen to any of us so it's scary as hell.

Curious .. Did the shipping label have Goat's name on it? Hope not.

I'm sure it did and if so people won't know what the hell it is

I think what I said is what happened, whoever was picking up the hundreds of packages knew it's all shoes and lifted them

Did this NOT happen once the shoes were inside the facility. Clearly happened on the way to the facility.

I think it happened during transit with USPS. If it happened prior to USPS facility there will be a huge weight descrepency.

Packages shouldn't have the company's name logo on it.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is that, the shipping label does not have GOAT's name on it. It just says "Shipping Dept", so clearly somebody caught on that the address sends out sneakers everyday and he/she waited for the biggest box to leave which are 750s. 

When I got the package, it prob weighed like 2 lbs at most. When I was looking at the shipping label, it was supposed to be 7 lbs and when I called USPS about it to tell them about it, the customer service rep said it was listed as 11 lbs on file. Its just crazy that they don't keep track of the weight when it is scanned in and shipped. Whoever did steal it, got away with federal crimes (opening and stealing mail) bc USPS did not want to put in the man hours for an investigation bc the value of the product stolen wasn't over $1k due to the insurance that the shipper put on it. That is pretty much the response I got from my branch claims officer. 

sorry to hear that - nice to know you got your money back.

One thing i do worry about is local Post Office employees have to figure out eventually that all the packages addressed to the goat and stockx locations must mean that there is some pretty valuable stuff being shipped on the reg.

I think it happened during transit with USPS. If it happened prior to USPS facility there will be a huge weight descrepency.

Packages shouldn't have the company's name logo on it.

Weight isn't even recorded on tracking, only time USPS cares about weight is if you put a low weight when it's actually heavier because that's how USPS makes money

You can put 10lb on the label and pay for 10lb but actually ship 2lb, USPS doesn't Care.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry to hear about that. As others mentioned, it was likely the postal worker recognized the GOAT warehouse shipping address and recognized they send ship out fairly expensive authenticate shoes. I do know that most of my recent packages weren't shipped by USPS but instead OnTrac. When I send something to GOAT, it is always USPS though. 

So goat paid you back? And the seller got to keep the money? Geez...talk about a federal crime. Hope whoever did that gets caught. Horrible to hear

So goat paid you back? And the seller got to keep the money? Geez...talk about a federal crime. Hope whoever did that gets caught. Horrible to hear
credit card charges back goat, so yeah, not willingly but goat did pay him back

The innocent seller isn't at fault

The one who takes the loss is GOAT.

I was just curious is all. Was not trying to place blame on goat or the seller or the buyer. Just was kinda shocked to hear this scenario.

Lol I mean it's obvious it has to do after it left GOATS hands.

The seller has to send the shoes to goat which they open and inspect the shoes, once verified and authenticated they are packaged up and sent to the buyer.

The seller did his part and actually sent the shoes.

If anything this means GOAT needs to go the way of UPS or Fedex. Use one of their warehouses instead of their own. Otherwise postal workers familiar with expensive sneakers and GOAT could continue doing this.

@ruckus2115  - Like the other guys said, my credit card company was able to get me my money back. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that USPS will catch the person who stole my sneakers because the when I spoke to them about it, they said it is not worth putting in the time and resources on a package that has a $100 insurance on it and that they will only investigate if it is over $1,000 and its on file as that amount. Even though I spent over a $1,000, they only see it as a $100 purchase. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, I got that response from my branch manager, the branch claims manager, and a customer service rep. 

That makes sense from USPS' standpoint and why you should always insure for the full value. I could have sworn I read that GOAT changed fees to do just that, insure full value both aye. If they didn't then it's quite concerning.

On the topic of insurance, even if it is insured for full value especially over $1,000 that does NOT guarantee that USPS will approve or pay out that amount. A simple google search will show you people have shipped expensive items that were lost, stolen, damaged with insurance for the full amount and proof of the cost of the item only to be denied or be given FAR less than the actual value.

USPS sucks and insurance does not mean you will get paid or every dollar your item is worth.

I would think they probably treat insurance claims from a company differently than a regular customer. Especially one that relies on USPS twice per purchase. That's quite a lot of shipping and likely an account they don't want to lose to a competitor. if they're moving volume, GOAT really should have a contract in place that offers shipping discounts and accounts for lost of goods.

Back
Top Bottom