GOD DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE (says my man Steve)

I really can't understand how someone can be pessimistic enough to believe that the universe is so soulless. The universe is expanding and stars in the universe are travelling away from each other. That means that a long time from now, the universe will be completely dark with a bunch of extremely isolated dead rocks floating around it. I can't bring myself to believe that the origins and fate of the universe are so dull and without purpose. There must be something beyond this.

even though the universe is expanding we still see stars. It just takes longer for the light to travel even though it is still travelling form the same relative angle, just further back away. Light speed yet the distance away causes a delay in light reception but from our point of view, we still see the stars in somewhat the same spot.

even though the universe is expanding we still see stars. It just takes longer for the light to travel even though it is still travelling form the same relative angle, just further back away. Light speed yet the distance away causes a delay in light reception but from our point of view, we still see the stars in somewhat the same spot.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I really can't understand how someone can be pessimistic enough to believe that the universe is so soulless. The universe is expanding and stars in the universe are travelling away from each other. That means that a long time from now, the universe will be completely dark with a bunch of extremely isolated dead rocks floating around it. I can't bring myself to believe that the origins and fate of the universe are so dull and without purpose. There must be something beyond this.
I think it's this exact "feeling", this belief by some humans that we're somehow more special or unique than anything else, that gives religion it's legs.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I think it's this exact "feeling", this belief by some humans that we're somehow more special or unique than anything else, that gives religion it's legs.

If you watch the video I posted, the professor explains that things twice as far from us will expand twice as fast away from us.  things 3 times as far from us will expand 3 times as fast away from us..and so on and so on...I can't explain so well, but watch the video I posted on the first page, Starting at 8:30 minutes for this very topic. I've made the video to start at 8:30. It was pretty easy to understand. Don't get turned off by the science.

To determine how fast galaxies are moving away from us, we need to know the point of reference to measure the distance because velocity is proportional to distance. We use galaxies as these point of references.

As time goes on, these galaxies will move farther away from us, and we will no longer be able to see these galaxies and figuring out how EVERYTHING started will be impossible.

If you watch the video I posted, the professor explains that things twice as far from us will expand twice as fast away from us.  things 3 times as far from us will expand 3 times as fast away from us..and so on and so on...I can't explain so well, but watch the video I posted on the first page, Starting at 8:30 minutes for this very topic. I've made the video to start at 8:30. It was pretty easy to understand. Don't get turned off by the science.

To determine how fast galaxies are moving away from us, we need to know the point of reference to measure the distance because velocity is proportional to distance. We use galaxies as these point of references.

As time goes on, these galaxies will move farther away from us, and we will no longer be able to see these galaxies and figuring out how EVERYTHING started will be impossible.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

nothing more annoying than a pushy atheist.
laugh.gif
word, all up in your face with evidence to prove their claims

fictional books > *  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i find it quite PATHETIC how some of you try so hard to discredit religion and their followers. What difference does it make what people believe in? Someone could believe in a flying robot pig with flamethrowing hooves for all i care. They aint %@*%$@% bothering me.

You guys either have no lives and way too much time on your hands or your lives are so sad you try so hard to be pompous and snobbish pricks to hide the pain of your own failure.

I would hate to have dinner with you guys. probably argue the whole time because everyone didnt order what you ordered....

You really can't see how religion and people's religious beliefs harm people in the United States and this world?  If you can't see that, I can understand why you don't want to accept what Hawking and science are saying. 
frankly I dont give a !%*% what he is saying because i have a life.

A jehovas witness knocks at my door.

Guess what i do?

I don't answer!

damn i must be a genius!

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i find it quite PATHETIC how some of you try so hard to discredit religion and their followers. What difference does it make what people believe in? Someone could believe in a flying robot pig with flamethrowing hooves for all i care. They aint %@*%$@% bothering me.

You guys either have no lives and way too much time on your hands or your lives are so sad you try so hard to be pompous and snobbish pricks to hide the pain of your own failure.

I would hate to have dinner with you guys. probably argue the whole time because everyone didnt order what you ordered....

You really can't see how religion and people's religious beliefs harm people in the United States and this world?  If you can't see that, I can understand why you don't want to accept what Hawking and science are saying. 

A jehovas witness knocks at my door.

Guess what i do?

I don't answer!

damn i must be a genius!

laugh.gif

No.. Atheists won't mention they're atheist or even discuss religion (in their normal circles) unless a religious person is talking nonsense.

Atheists don't try to sell you fiction... Atheists don't go door to door.. Atheists don't have tv shows.... And atheists don't use a fiction book to judge people's actions

laugh.gif

No.. Atheists won't mention they're atheist or even discuss religion (in their normal circles) unless a religious person is talking nonsense.

Atheists don't try to sell you fiction... Atheists don't go door to door.. Atheists don't have tv shows.... And atheists don't use a fiction book to judge people's actions

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif

The handful of atheists that I know always be constantly updating their Facebook status's with how dumb religion is and posting atheist speeches
laugh.gif
mad annoying. and if anybody pipes up and says anything they go off. These couple of individuals I know seem to put themselves at a higher level than others
smh.gif

NobleKane go to work for me, just thinking about this is flustering me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The handful of atheists that I know always be constantly updating their Facebook status's with how dumb religion is and posting atheist speeches
laugh.gif
mad annoying. and if anybody pipes up and says anything they go off. These couple of individuals I know seem to put themselves at a higher level than others
smh.gif

NobleKane go to work for me, just thinking about this is flustering me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

\Well minus the weekly atheist threads brought up

laugh.gif

\Well minus the weekly atheist threads brought up

Originally Posted by south sole

"Remember the line in the movie Contact ? Ellie Arroway claimed she loved her father, but she couldn't prove it scientifically. Does that mean she didn't really love him? No scientific test known to man could ever prove such a thing. Ellie knew her own love for her father directly and immediately. She didn't have to learn it from some scientific test.

There are things we know to be true that we don't know through empirical testing--the five senses-- but we do know through other ways. Science seems to give us true, or approximately true, information about the world, and it uses a technique that seems to be reliable, by and large. However, science is not the only means of giving us true information about the world; its methodology limits it significantly.

One thing science cannot do, even in principle, is disprove the existence of anything. So when people try to use science to disprove the existence of God, they're using science illegitimately. They're misusing it, and this just makes science look bad.

The way many try to show God doesn't exist is simply by asserting it, but that's not proof. It isn't even evidence. Scientists sometimes get away with this by requiring that scientific law--natural law--must explain everything. If it can't explain a supernatural act or a supernatural Being then neither can exist. This is cheating, though.

Scientists haven't proven God doesn't exist; they've merely assumed it in many cases. They've foisted this truism on the public, and then operated from that point of view. They act as if they've really said something profound, when all they've done is given you an unjustified opinion."

God's essence is contained fully in my finger, it is the underlying reality of BEING. 

CAN SCIENCE PROVE LOVE? 
I don't see why not.
Put the wife in a room and the husband behind a glass mirror. Torture the wife and sees if he reacts.
Or I guess we can do some testing about pulses or brain waves along the lines of lie detectors,
when we are in the presence of our love ones..
it just isn't done because there is no need to do it..
but if it's really needed, i bet the scientists can come up with something.

Originally Posted by south sole

"Remember the line in the movie Contact ? Ellie Arroway claimed she loved her father, but she couldn't prove it scientifically. Does that mean she didn't really love him? No scientific test known to man could ever prove such a thing. Ellie knew her own love for her father directly and immediately. She didn't have to learn it from some scientific test.

There are things we know to be true that we don't know through empirical testing--the five senses-- but we do know through other ways. Science seems to give us true, or approximately true, information about the world, and it uses a technique that seems to be reliable, by and large. However, science is not the only means of giving us true information about the world; its methodology limits it significantly.

One thing science cannot do, even in principle, is disprove the existence of anything. So when people try to use science to disprove the existence of God, they're using science illegitimately. They're misusing it, and this just makes science look bad.

The way many try to show God doesn't exist is simply by asserting it, but that's not proof. It isn't even evidence. Scientists sometimes get away with this by requiring that scientific law--natural law--must explain everything. If it can't explain a supernatural act or a supernatural Being then neither can exist. This is cheating, though.

Scientists haven't proven God doesn't exist; they've merely assumed it in many cases. They've foisted this truism on the public, and then operated from that point of view. They act as if they've really said something profound, when all they've done is given you an unjustified opinion."

God's essence is contained fully in my finger, it is the underlying reality of BEING. 

CAN SCIENCE PROVE LOVE? 
I don't see why not.
Put the wife in a room and the husband behind a glass mirror. Torture the wife and sees if he reacts.
Or I guess we can do some testing about pulses or brain waves along the lines of lie detectors,
when we are in the presence of our love ones..
it just isn't done because there is no need to do it..
but if it's really needed, i bet the scientists can come up with something.

laugh.gif

absolutely not true, they go out of their way to make it known. just as annoying as religious people preaching or trying to convert others.

laugh.gif

absolutely not true, they go out of their way to make it known. just as annoying as religious people preaching or trying to convert others.

NobleKane wrote:

That's right, pay no attention to people who actually do their research and then are qualified to speak. If you have such a life, why are you responding to a post that is supposedly of no concern to you?

NobleKane wrote:
A jehovas witness knocks at my door.

You mean the door with the Kobe Bryant altar?

NobleKane wrote:
Guess what i do?

Put on your bathrobe to hide the laker pajamas with the feet in them?

NobleKane wrote:
I don't answer!

Is that because you were afraid that it was actually someone from Niketalk showing up at your door? You can tell the truth!

NobleKane wrote:
damn i must be a genius!
No, I think that you simply give yourself way too much credit!

Hawking has stated that after doing RESEARCH, he can back up his claims on how the universe came to exist.

I'd bet that Hawking is more qualifed to speak on the beginnings of this universe, more than you would be when speaking on the beginnings of your own so called life

Can you prove that you actually have one?

NobleKane wrote:

That's right, pay no attention to people who actually do their research and then are qualified to speak. If you have such a life, why are you responding to a post that is supposedly of no concern to you?

NobleKane wrote:
A jehovas witness knocks at my door.

You mean the door with the Kobe Bryant altar?

NobleKane wrote:
Guess what i do?

Put on your bathrobe to hide the laker pajamas with the feet in them?

NobleKane wrote:
I don't answer!

Is that because you were afraid that it was actually someone from Niketalk showing up at your door? You can tell the truth!

NobleKane wrote:
damn i must be a genius!
No, I think that you simply give yourself way too much credit!

Hawking has stated that after doing RESEARCH, he can back up his claims on how the universe came to exist.

I'd bet that Hawking is more qualifed to speak on the beginnings of this universe, more than you would be when speaking on the beginnings of your own so called life

Can you prove that you actually have one?

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Didn't that article from the other post about 2012 solar flares talk about how scientist were wrong about their theory of carbon dating since there really is no accurate constant to measure it against. ( Decay rate not consistently the same across the universe). 
My thing with modern science is that it's not complete. They are making it up as they go. Much like Hawkings is. Too bad for  mental domes of the people that hang on to this guys every word.

Both modern religion and modern science are constantly evolving. Would you take that as evolution of science and religion, or creationism because like Mo Matik pointed out, God separated rather than create, so that when it comes back together, a witness would say that's evolution rather while the ( putter togetherer 
laugh.gif
) would claim he simply recreated what once simply always existed. This brings it down to subjectivity of the viewer IMO on the universe and it's origins. 

There is a big difference between making things up, and then learning something new that has actually been proven to exist. Religion and the thought of a "god" is made up, science is in the search a proven theory. The thought of a God through religion as being equal with scientific research is contradictory.

Superstition can never be equal to scientific fact.

It's only superstition to someone on the outside looking in. The modern scientific(modern) community is not that dumb IMO. They just tell the public the appropriate "truth" for the time. Times change. So does what people are willing to except as truth. They are making the truth because whatever they deem as the truth, the rest of the participating world will take it and run with it. Teach it in school. write in into movie, preach it etc....
Science means knowledge. from the latin word scientia.  It's no secret that knowledge is hidden, lied about, and re shaped for whatever it's purpose may be. Science just ain't research of facts like you thinking.

The best way to measure what you are suggesting is in the medical field, correct? What disease has religion or God has ever cured...I mean outside of the examples shown in religious texts?

Neither has been proven to work, even against the disease of ignorance and fear. In fact, both are enhanced with the introduction of both religion and "god". 

There has been medical research that shows certain level of brain activity during what falls under the guise of religious experience(nirvana/bliss). Studies of cells healing themselves due to certain states of unison within the body.  Outside and inside of religious texts, the prevalent theme is knowledge (not a belief) of an internal connection to something greater to what can be seen with eyes.  This understanding is enough to change some people polarity of action and outlook on life which basically gives all those who may feel that there is no point to life, that there truly is something worth living a good life for and also respecting life outside of yourself because you may not know the scope of others connection, or if they have even realized that there is something to be connected to. 

Considering this to be under the guise of a religious experience is misleading. One does not have to believe in any higher deity in order to channel healing powers, nor properties.

Also in the form of meditation, it is about recruiting, then channeling your inner strength, which has nothing to do with any "god". 

However, I do understand the need for the discipline of certain FAITHS, in order to get to the point of self awareness. But again, that self awareness really does not need some "god force".

Didn't that article from the other post about 2012 solar flares talk about how scientist were wrong about their theory of carbon dating since there really is no accurate constant to measure it against. ( Decay rate not consistently the same across the universe). 
My thing with modern science is that it's not complete. They are making it up as they go. Much like Hawkings is. Too bad for  mental domes of the people that hang on to this guys every word.

Both modern religion and modern science are constantly evolving. Would you take that as evolution of science and religion, or creationism because like Mo Matik pointed out, God separated rather than create, so that when it comes back together, a witness would say that's evolution rather while the ( putter togetherer 
laugh.gif
) would claim he simply recreated what once simply always existed. This brings it down to subjectivity of the viewer IMO on the universe and it's origins. 

There is a big difference between making things up, and then learning something new that has actually been proven to exist. Religion and the thought of a "god" is made up, science is in the search a proven theory. The thought of a God through religion as being equal with scientific research is contradictory.

Superstition can never be equal to scientific fact.

It's only superstition to someone on the outside looking in. The modern scientific(modern) community is not that dumb IMO. They just tell the public the appropriate "truth" for the time. Times change. So does what people are willing to except as truth. They are making the truth because whatever they deem as the truth, the rest of the participating world will take it and run with it. Teach it in school. write in into movie, preach it etc....
Science means knowledge. from the latin word scientia.  It's no secret that knowledge is hidden, lied about, and re shaped for whatever it's purpose may be. Science just ain't research of facts like you thinking.

The best way to measure what you are suggesting is in the medical field, correct? What disease has religion or God has ever cured...I mean outside of the examples shown in religious texts?

Neither has been proven to work, even against the disease of ignorance and fear. In fact, both are enhanced with the introduction of both religion and "god". 

There has been medical research that shows certain level of brain activity during what falls under the guise of religious experience(nirvana/bliss). Studies of cells healing themselves due to certain states of unison within the body.  Outside and inside of religious texts, the prevalent theme is knowledge (not a belief) of an internal connection to something greater to what can be seen with eyes.  This understanding is enough to change some people polarity of action and outlook on life which basically gives all those who may feel that there is no point to life, that there truly is something worth living a good life for and also respecting life outside of yourself because you may not know the scope of others connection, or if they have even realized that there is something to be connected to. 

Considering this to be under the guise of a religious experience is misleading. One does not have to believe in any higher deity in order to channel healing powers, nor properties.

Also in the form of meditation, it is about recruiting, then channeling your inner strength, which has nothing to do with any "god". 

However, I do understand the need for the discipline of certain FAITHS, in order to get to the point of self awareness. But again, that self awareness really does not need some "god force".

Back
Top Bottom