Going on a Cruise...What Do You Need?

Depends on the cruise line, captains dinner or whatever requires formal attire but other than that.. not sure.

Bring liquor and put it in empty gatorade bottles on the checked bags...they will rape you for alcohol prices, but if you sneak in your own liquor you can justbuy an all you can drink soft drink pass and continuously add alcohol

Also cash because you will want to gamble I'm assuming and it's like $8 to use the ATM

pimp.gif
if that's your thing

I was just talking to my manager about cruises yesterday. She said they are very structured. Gotta be at lunch at 11:30, gotta be at dinner at 6:00, gotta beback to the ship in an hour.

I wouldnt like paying for a bunch of stuff and then be told what time I need to eat and when to be back.

Just my opinion. And I thought I'd like a cruise, but now I dont think I would so much.

But I hope you have a great experience.
smile.gif

pack whatever it is you wear everyday, shorts to lounge in, dressier clothes to have formal retreat, and have fun. I went on a cruise 2-3 years ago, just prayfor bad women
Cant stress enough DRAMAMINE so you wont get sick

Dress comfortably with changes of nice clothes. Expect to gain a lot of weight...you're going to be eating and drinking a lot, and the staff is alwayswonderful. Check out the different events on the boat, even if they end up being corny, you can always leave. Cruises are well worth the money you pay forthem, assuming you dont run up a ridiculous amount on liquor.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Gotta be at lunch at 11:30, gotta be at dinner at 6:00, gotta be back to the ship in an hour.
My cruise wasn't like this
grin.gif

But if your going with someone ya know have one person buy the soda card and just switch using it with him.
I took a ton of shorts and t-shirts and still had to buy some blank ts from fl in San Juan.
Met 3 people from NT too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3miyasaki3

Gotta be at lunch at 11:30, gotta be at dinner at 6:00, gotta be
back to the ship in an hour.
My cruise wasn't like this
grin.gif

But if your going with someone ya know have one person buy the soda card and just switch using it with him.
I took a ton of shorts and t-shirts and still had to buy some blank ts from fl in San Juan.
Met 3 people from NT too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Footlocker in old san juan up the cobble road from the port? Thats my spot. Hit it up whenever I go to PR.
pimp.gif

I was just talking to my manager about cruises yesterday. She said they are very structured. Gotta be at lunch at 11:30, gotta be at dinner at 6:00, gotta be back to the ship in an hour.

I wouldnt like paying for a bunch of stuff and then be told what time I need to eat and when to be back.

Just my opinion. And I thought I'd like a cruise, but now I dont think I would so much.

smile.gif

Yeah...it is a glorified camp grounds on water. It isn't to bad if you don't want the thrill of planning things or spontaneous things. I know a ton ofpeople that aren't adventurous and need to do the typical vacation things (which i hate). But I know people that had good times and people that had badtimes on cruises. Make sure to go on ones that are youthful though. My friend accidentally went on a cruise and most of the people were retirees.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Dress comfortably with changes of nice clothes. Expect to gain a lot of weight...you're going to be eating and drinking a lot, and the staff is always wonderful. Check out the different events on the boat, even if they end up being corny, you can always leave. Cruises are well worth the money you pay for them, assuming you dont run up a ridiculous amount on liquor.

Dude pretty much got it all. If your trying to smash on the boat I suggest you look for one chick and link with her for the whole cruise. Multiple chicks meansbuying multiple drinks, and it could get ugly running into the same people all the time. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT hook up with the crew. Trust me.

I was just talking to my manager about cruises yesterday. She said they are very structured. Gotta be at lunch at 11:30, gotta be at dinner at 6:00, gotta be back to the ship in an hour.

smile.gif
That is if you want to attend the formal dinner. As far as being back on the ship in an hour, I'm not sure about that. Either way, you have achoice of either having a formal dinner or the buffet in the common dining area.

Condoms, Basketball Shorts, Jay's, Ray-Bans, Good Green.

As for the liquor, If your going on Carnival, you can just take it.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

The Footlocker in old san juan up the cobble road from the port? Thats my spot. Hit it up whenever I go to PR.
pimp.gif
Yes haha...the worker that helped me hooked it up.
5 tees and jordan sandals for $30
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't you put a couple of bottles in the suitcases? I didn't think they went through your bags i figured it was just at the airport...

pack some bball shorts and flipflops if you will be around the deck. bring a hoody it gets chilly out on the deck at night.
swimming trunks, sunglasses, sunscreen.
2/3 clean fits for the evening
any documentation if necessary
some cash on the side
don't forget your toiletries.
camera, ipod.

seems good, thanks for the input everyone.

and i think we are going on carnival. leaving san diego, then en route to catalina island then ensenada? and then back home. i heard the lobster was
pimp.gif
inensenada

any experiences snuggling in alcohol and greenery?

Originally Posted by awwsome

Condoms, Basketball Shorts, Jay's, Ray-Bans, Good Green.

As for the liquor, If your going on Carnival, you can just take it.
false, there's a limit per person for a carry on of wine or champagne but you can't just take bottles of liquor on just like that

get rum runners

and Carnival Cruises aren't really structured...they have a dinner (you can choose from early or late) time but you don't have to attend if youdon't wish too...there's at least some kind of food (pizza) available all day

on the lido deck they have numerous types of food available for a good portion of the day...you also have the option of getting room service

Back
Top Bottom