Going to Atlanta on the 28th...what to do?

Birthday weekend...
pimp.gif

Last time i was in the A I was like 13..
tired.gif

I was thinkin about koppin hawks vs knicks tix for that friday...

Birthday weekend...
pimp.gif

tired.gif

Dont go to Lenox or that surrounding area unless you down with the getdown

Dont go to Lenox or that surrounding area unless you down with the getdown

Go to Gladys Knight Chicken and Waffles. It's a mall right down the street called "The Underground," but it's gon' be tons of gay young black dudes in there. It's really only a few "Real" stores anyways like there is a FootLocker, but then it's tons of like kiosks type stores that sell those screenprinted shirts with Popeye smoking a blunt or something. It's a stage in the middle with open mic though so you might catch some good poetry, rap, or singing.

You can hit Magic City maybe. My friend who goes to Fort Valley, had a hommie who was in some way employed there or connected and was going to get us into a private party but all I had was shorts because it was summer, plus I'm such a goober I probably wouldn't have known how to act anyways.

My mom's side of the family mostly lives in Acworth and Kennesaw though so I spent most of my time there, it's like a 30 minute drive though. I saw a 5 Guys too, never got around to going though.

Go to Gladys Knight Chicken and Waffles. It's a mall right down the street called "The Underground," but it's gon' be tons of gay young black dudes in there. It's really only a few "Real" stores anyways like there is a FootLocker, but then it's tons of like kiosks type stores that sell those screenprinted shirts with Popeye smoking a blunt or something. It's a stage in the middle with open mic though so you might catch some good poetry, rap, or singing.

You can hit Magic City maybe. My friend who goes to Fort Valley, had a hommie who was in some way employed there or connected and was going to get us into a private party but all I had was shorts because it was summer, plus I'm such a goober I probably wouldn't have known how to act anyways.

My mom's side of the family mostly lives in Acworth and Kennesaw though so I spent most of my time there, it's like a 30 minute drive though. I saw a 5 Guys too, never got around to going though.

Underground is a waste of time.

All I know is cap your weekend off w/ the brunch buffet + bottomless mimosas @ Marlows.

Underground is a waste of time.

All I know is cap your weekend off w/ the brunch buffet + bottomless mimosas @ Marlows.

Atlanta... really isn't that big of a deal.

Gladys is super wack. Skip any suggestion someone has to go to the underground. Completely super wack.

Don't do it. If you want an authentic experience, hop on Yelp and look for some finer dining somewhere in the midtown/downtown/little 5/highlands/ area. Atlanta has a lot of good restaurants and selections for the palate. I will give credit here.

You will need a car. No way around it. A lot of stuff isn't in walking distance and the things that ARE in walking distance aren't worth really standing around and walking to. Its like a pseudo-poppin' city. I'm starting to realize this.

If you dont like the CNN Center or the Aquarium or the World of Coke...sorry... Theres museums and %#$% but who cares... no real attractions in the A.

Try Atlantic Station or the Buckhead Area shops and Lenox/Phipps Mall for hang-out spots

Definitely go to the Hawks game. You'll regret not doing something more valuable if you don't.

There aren't that many attractions even though they try to make it that way. The club scene is pretty much your BEST bet because theres so many lounges AND bars AND clubs. Just plan to do some shopping and rest up for the nighttime. Just make sure you have plans of where you're hitting and moves after that.

Most people that like coming to Atlanta do so because of their friends and family there... or classmates... not cause there is any "scene"

I'm from there and I'm ready to admit...the A is kinda lame when its all said and done.

Atlanta... really isn't that big of a deal.

Gladys is super wack. Skip any suggestion someone has to go to the underground. Completely super wack.

Don't do it. If you want an authentic experience, hop on Yelp and look for some finer dining somewhere in the midtown/downtown/little 5/highlands/ area. Atlanta has a lot of good restaurants and selections for the palate. I will give credit here.

You will need a car. No way around it. A lot of stuff isn't in walking distance and the things that ARE in walking distance aren't worth really standing around and walking to. Its like a pseudo-poppin' city. I'm starting to realize this.

If you dont like the CNN Center or the Aquarium or the World of Coke...sorry... Theres museums and %#$% but who cares... no real attractions in the A.

Try Atlantic Station or the Buckhead Area shops and Lenox/Phipps Mall for hang-out spots

Definitely go to the Hawks game. You'll regret not doing something more valuable if you don't.

There aren't that many attractions even though they try to make it that way. The club scene is pretty much your BEST bet because theres so many lounges AND bars AND clubs. Just plan to do some shopping and rest up for the nighttime. Just make sure you have plans of where you're hitting and moves after that.

Most people that like coming to Atlanta do so because of their friends and family there... or classmates... not cause there is any "scene"

I'm from there and I'm ready to admit...the A is kinda lame when its all said and done.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Birthday weekend...
pimp.gif

tired.gif

You can hit up the clothing store walters or phat gear or focus, also um that one shoe store that has/carries vintage sneakers. Btw pass on the chicken and waffles it aint all that. Really since the movement and transition aint really nowhere anything to do in atl. I suggest hitting up the surrounding cities like decatur, cp, etc. Atlanta will be cool for all of like maybe 2 days, then it will grow tired. I mean you got the aquarium, coke factory, dr king museum, centennial park. Aint really much of nuttin.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Birthday weekend...
pimp.gif

tired.gif

You can hit up the clothing store walters or phat gear or focus, also um that one shoe store that has/carries vintage sneakers. Btw pass on the chicken and waffles it aint all that. Really since the movement and transition aint really nowhere anything to do in atl. I suggest hitting up the surrounding cities like decatur, cp, etc. Atlanta will be cool for all of like maybe 2 days, then it will grow tired. I mean you got the aquarium, coke factory, dr king museum, centennial park. Aint really much of nuttin.

Don't go to Underground, it sucks . There are no decent stores there and all you are going to see is a whole bunch of teen boppers who are  cutting school and wearing  tight  sagging jeans  and American Eagle hoodies. If I were you, I would check out Atlantic station. You can also check out Walters if you are into Sneakers. 

Don't go to Underground, it sucks . There are no decent stores there and all you are going to see is a whole bunch of teen boppers who are  cutting school and wearing  tight  sagging jeans  and American Eagle hoodies. If I were you, I would check out Atlantic station. You can also check out Walters if you are into Sneakers. 

yeah i forgot about AS ... def hit there.

Hit Wish in Little 5 and Standard on Peachtree ...

I aint been to Walters in a couple years but you can always catch some steals there.

Back
Top Bottom