Going to France in Jan

went for my wedding anniversary last year, pretty much the best trip we've done barely edging out NYC

-subway will take you anywhere you need to go, literally. easy to navigate and they run like every 4 mins. All day pass is like $1.50(back in dec2017 though)

-Bercy Village, recommend this if you are missing home with a french twist, they've got some small shops, takes on american restaurants, mainly burgers. and a movie theater that has everything from a bar, ice cream parlour and of course popcorn. I'm a huge movie-goer so it was def cool to watch and see differences with watching a french audience.

-Rue Cler, which is this huge marketplace where you can go to the butcher, buy fresh fish, produce, and general stores. We ate out but I also cooked some great french dishes for dinner.

-The Louvre is a BEAST, we weren't ready, I think of the 4 hours we spent there, 30 mins was for the mona lisa, 3 hours and 30mins was us just being lost. Enter at your own risk, but get there early and buy passes ahead of time. Musee d'orangie is better IMO, we showed up 2 hours before they closed waited in a long line and still saw everything before they kicked us out

-Get Chocolates at "A L'Etoile D'or" Chick thats owns it is like the oldest most well known chocolatier in Paris. She lives upstairs above the store comes down and opens it. Makes it a point to talk and interact with every customer before the leave with their purchase, regardless of if you speak french or not, she was really nice.

-Catacombs was real cool.

-eat at Le Train Bleu,

-Go to Musee' Des Arts Forains, This place was featured in "Midnight in Paris" a lot of the stuff we did also included visiting places from the movie. you need to book in advance. my wife failed to tell me this before we arrived because they got to buzz you in, so when they buzzed someone in, naturally we just went in and I just started taking pictures and even helped an employee by holding the door before the owner came up to us and asked who the hell were we :lol::lol:
we were there a good 45 minutes though before they kicked us out. This prompted us to go to Bercy Village.

-Not sure if it's an all year thing or christmas thing but the Eiffel lit up every hour with these shimmering lights

got more info, but there's so much to do, everyone is giving you a great spread.

have fun

Get to the top of sacre coeur! Unfortunatley, we didn't make it all the way up (got there right as they closed,) but the view was still dope. Also, one of the best shawarma's I've ever had was at Les du fallafel. Also, crepes at Les Maîtres Crêpiers >>>>>

IMG_5640.jpeg
IMG_5614.jpeg

MAKE USE OF THE WATER TAXIS. Get a day pass...you can hop on/off until they shut down. Drops you off near or at all the major sites.

There is this hella interesting fondue restaurant in Montmartre area of paris. pretty fun and reasonably priced . seating was kinda cramped but I got to meet/talk to a lot of locals there.

if you get a chance jump on the high speed rail and hit up Marseille. People there were super friendly unlike Parisians who were hit and miss on all 4 visits.
Stade De France is a cool place to visit, I got to take a tour and sit at Zinadine Zidane's old locker .

go to a PSG match. Hit Sacre Cour if you want a great view.

George Pompidou museum
Gallerie Lafayette near City Hall
Arc de Triomphe/ Champs-Elysees at night.
Also stay attentive in the tourist traps and at the train station. If you look too out of place young gypsy kids will snatch your wallet or phone. Another thing they do is one approaches you talks your head off as a distraction while the others snatch your bag or man purse. Just be smart as you would in the states. Enjoy yourself.

what everyone said... learn a few French phrases (locals are really nice, they'll appreciate it if you make an effort to speak the language), learn the Metro system because it's really efficient (but expensive if you buy a one-way ticket per trip at €1.90), don't let anyone tie a string on your wrist, the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays, eiffel tower is best seen from Montparnasse.

and if you have a full day, go to Versailles. you can also go to Lyon or Chamonix but stay overnight at least to really enjoy those places.

Appreciate everyone dropping these suggestions I'm gonna have to plan out my itinerary. :nthat: Looks like I'm def gonna have plenty to do in 4 days might not even have time for Italy.
Crepe's is definitely a must so I'm gonna have to find a solid place for that. Will stop by that chocolate place you mentioned dhart48 dhart48 and bring back something sweet with me. I'm expecting gypsies to be out and about so I'll try and blend in and act like I know where I'm going.

What do you mean by "don't let anyone tie a string on my wrist" lol. onceyoupop onceyoupop

Hit up Supreme and check out this nightclub. No cover. FriendZone.

No.21 was a good restaurant. Notre Dame cathedral was boring. I forgot the name of the big park. its right next to the Eiffel Tower but it was beautiful. Obviously visit downtown Paris. It's so much like NYC it's crazy.

I'll be out there solo so I'll see if I decide to go to any of the clubs. Most people booked an airbnb I'm assuming?

Appreciate everyone dropping these suggestions I'm gonna have to plan out my itinerary. :nthat: Looks like I'm def gonna have plenty to do in 4 days might not even have time for Italy.
Crepe's is definitely a must so I'm gonna have to find a solid place for that. Will stop by that chocolate place you mentioned dhart48 dhart48 and bring back something sweet with me. I'm expecting gypsies to be out and about so I'll try and blend in and act like I know where I'm going.

What do you mean by "don't let anyone tie a string on my wrist" lol. onceyoupop onceyoupop

Lol i'm tempted to let you experience it by yourself but...

basically you have to cough up some euro and give it to the person who did it. one of the ways they get money from tourists

Lol i'm tempted to let you experience it by yourself but...

basically you have to cough up some euro and give it to the person who did it. one of the ways they get money from tourists

Just watched a youtube video on it lol. These guys are aggressive about their "friendship" bracelets

Get to the top of sacre coeur! Unfortunatley, we didn't make it all the way up (got there right as they closed,) but the view was still dope. Also, one of the best shawarma's I've ever had was at Les du fallafel. Also, crepes at Les Maîtres Crêpiers >>>>>

IMG_5640.jpeg
IMG_5614.jpeg

MAKE USE OF THE WATER TAXIS. Get a day pass...you can hop on/off until they shut down. Drops you off near or at all the major sites.
man i climbed to the top as a kid in the early 90's my first visit. was so tired after. was before they installed toilets too so everyone was pissing at the top. reaked

3CFDD6EB-319F-45DD-B1AA-8156A96483E7.jpeg
2E1D6A1D-7A50-4555-ABF0-21728BA6631D.jpeg
85739086-3B83-47F1-9F39-003D691E3139.jpeg

Here are some of mine from the trip. 1st one was taken from a boat on the Seine River, 2nd one was from the top of the Arc De Triomphe and 3rd one was from a random alley. Pretty surreal seeing it in person

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr Didn't you go to paris this past year or last year? I remember seeing your dope pics of the eiffel tower.

Yup. Was there during off season in February. I did 4 days in France. Actually didn't even do that much tourist stuff like go to museums or what not. My wife and I just sort of walked around and just ate at whatever looked cool. All food there was good as well as sandwiches and wine. Definitely need to go back.

Here are my pics. Actually didn't do a ton of shooting there oddly cause I got too geeked out in getting the "perfect shot". I went to the Louve and Eiffel Tower super late at night and there was no one there. One cool thing about not adjusting to their clock but things honestly didn't stay open super late.

France+4.jpg

France+1.jpg

France+5.jpg

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr What lens did you find the most useful? I'm going to India as well and thought about just bringing the 35mm but I'm on the fence about bringing the camera at all.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr What lens did you find the most useful? I'm going to India as well and thought about just bringing the 35mm but I'm on the fence about bringing the camera at all.
Most of the photos posted was a Tamron 15-30mm, so I had some range. I was mosty shooting at 15mm so the wider the better.

Gotcha, widest I got is 24mm but it's not sharp so might not go with that one.

You gonna love Paris bro, seriously one of the most stunning cities I’ve visited...we knocked out all the touristy spots you just have to do on a first visit, walked around the eiffel and sat on the lawn right down from Trocadero, we watched the sunset and drank wine with cheese and crackers, at night the rats come out and Parisian treat them like squirrels, they are brave...lmao I’m from NY so that didn’t bother me, the next day we want to chateau Versailles it was our first museum so I was blown away, be there EArly...the line can get ridiculous, also not a bad idea to buy the tix online before you go..after go to Sacre Coeur in MonteMatre, you get a wild view of the city and then finish off at sunset on top of the Arc de Triumph and get a 360 view of the city, then go walk alongside Champs Elysees which IMO is overhyped but a must do...I’ll come back with more suggestions, gotta run...

Back
Top Bottom