GOING TO VEGAS IN A WEEK VOL: Help me with my experience...

We bought liquor and beer and stashed it in it room.. We drank before we hit the a strip and took a couple drinks with us.. But ain't no way you gonna walk all the way back to your room just for a drink.. Too far, hot, and drunk to walk back.

Everything I read about Vegas is that it is so expensive. I am not trying to get a table nor am I trying to get bottle service, I also do not want to pay to get in a night club. I guess a better way to phrase it as, what can we get into in Vegas that isnt going to cost us a ton of dough.

Unless buying 30-packs of Bud Light and hanging out in front of the Bellagio fountain is all you plan on doing, prepare to spend money. It's a vacation, man. Live a little.

I get free rooms there normally because I gamble. I always do the $20 trick and get a better room but this time it got me this. My best score yet...

That's a huge score. An air hockey table?! That's ridiculous. I gotta tell my buddy who gets all these rooms comp'd to start doing the $20 trick. Thought it only worked for people who pay for rooms, but it's good to know.

I got no problem spending some money. We are getting beers and liquor delivered (for free) from Vons to our hotel, staying at Caesars Palace. We also have an inflatable cooler for the room to keep them on ice.

I got no problem buying a beer or shots when I am out, but I think bottle service is a crap and I am not paying for a table either. I also do not want to pay money to get into a place that I then have to turn around and pay money again for a drink. What does the 40/50 entry free get me in return, not that much from what I can see.

Maybe I have a different mind set around it since I am married and not trying to impress anyone.

I got no problem spending some money. We are getting beers and liquor delivered (for free) from Vons to our hotel, staying at Caesars Palace. We also have an inflatable cooler for the room to keep them on ice.

I got no problem buying a beer or shots when I am out, but I think bottle service is a crap and I am not paying for a table either. I also do not want to pay money to get into a place that I then have to turn around and pay money again for a drink. What does the 40/50 entry free get me in return, not that much from what I can see.

Maybe I have a different mind set around it since I am married and not trying to impress anyone.
Just play the penny slots and get free drinks

Henny and coke for free
pimp.gif

I'm also married, but I look at it as I'm going on vacation and I expect to spend money.. A vacation for me is a tone to splurge and have fun..

then y go? :nerd:

bachelor party? bday?

To each their own. Hope you have a good trip.

Anyways, yal should check out Moon on Saturday nights. We had a table on the balcony over looking the strip and we had a blast. They played a lot of hip hop which I liked too.

Last edited:
That's a huge score. An air hockey table?! That's ridiculous. I gotta tell my buddy who gets all these rooms comp'd to start doing the $20 trick. Thought it only worked for people who pay for rooms, but it's good to know.

Yeah I always tip them the $20 to start the trip. It's like my first "bet" of the trip lol. If I get nothing oh well. I normally get upgrade to next tier room with a view, an older suite, or some random gift like champagne or chocolate strawberries from the checkin person, but I never got a suite like this. **** was insane, I never wanted to leave the room lol.

Also recommend checking out Carrot Top. Dude had me rolling. Not as corny as you'd expect and gives out free crown royal shots to first two rows.

Last edited:
whats the $20 trick?

Stack ur credit card and license together...Slip a 20 in between the two and hand it when you check in.

If there is an upgrade available (most likely) they will give it to you and keep the 20. If not, they will hand you the 20 back.

Last edited:
I'm also married, but I look at it as I'm going on vacation and I expect to spend money.. A vacation for me is a tone to splurge and have fun..

That's my view. If your on vacation why limit yourself. I fly damn near for free plus my homegirl got me a suite at the Rivera (never stayed there so not sure how it is) for $55 for 2 nights. Ima try and have fun, spend some money, and bag some desperate lonely whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas valentines day mindset having yambz.

Aside from the world buffet at the rio what are other good buffets to grub at.

ok, i know this has probably been posted, but.... what are the types of shoes to wear to go clubbing? last time i went to vegas i didnt hit up any clubs.. but this time we plan on doing so.. all black af1? vans? im not trying to spend too much on kicks, and i dont feel like over dressing with slacks and wear dress shoes... just something that go good with jeans .. thanks in advance

You're straight with black and white vans and a dress shirt but if it's on a busy saturday or a night with a big headliner they will be picky.
Only real way around this is getting table service. From that point you can wear anything.

why risk it by not wearing dress shoes? Alot of clubs are very strict on dress code (no oversized pants, no polo shirts, no sneakers, etc) My dumb @#$ friend wore Chucks to TAO. Dude had to make a 40 min round trip walk to go get his dress shoes from the hotel :smh: :lol:

There's no "overdressing" in Vegas. Bouncers there are always looking for the smallest reason to kick you out...plus the girls like it

Last edited:
why risk it by not wearing dress shoes? Alot of clubs are very strict on dress code (no oversized pants, no polo shirts, no sneakers, etc) My dumb @#$ friend wore Chucks to TAO. Dude had to make a 40 min round trip walk to go get his dress shoes from the hotel :smh: :lol:

There's no "overdressing" in Vegas. Bouncers there are always looking for the smallest reason to kick you out...plus the girls like it

Wise words have been spoken. Its much better to be overdressed then be underdressed and risk it. Just dress up and have a good time

then y go? :nerd:

bachelor party? bday?

Heading out for a bachelor party.

Also, anyone recommend the best place to watch the Daytona 500 out in Vegas and put some bets in on the race?

The good thing about Caesars Palace is the pool is heated and still open.

It does seem like everything in Vegas is extremely over priced or you have to get some kind of package with all kind of stuff I do not want. Like Bottle service for example they are going to charge you 300 dollars for a bottle that normally costs 30 dollar, so a 10x market up. Try to find those kind of returns on the stock market.

I also do not see Vegas as anything special. I have been to a large amount of Europe, NYC, SF, LA, Dallas, Miami, Chicago and doing an Alaskan cruise in May out of Vancouver that returns to Seattle.

That's my view. If your on vacation why limit yourself. I fly damn near for free plus my homegirl got me a suite at the Rivera (never stayed there so not sure how it is) for $55 for 2 nights. Ima try and have fun, spend some money, and bag some desperate lonely whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas valentines day mindset having yambz.

Aside from the world buffet at the rio what are other good buffets to grub at.

wicked spoon @ the cosmo

headed there for the long weekend. Haven't been in a while. Too bad those undftd dunks released last week :frown:

It's Vegas, you have no reason not to dress up entering any of the top night clubs. If you got money to throw down to go to Vegas, then you have money to get some decent dress shoes. Nobody's saying go buy a three piece suit. Just dress accordingly. I've seen guys wait in line for marquee for over an hour, and finally reach the entrance to get turned away. And take the long walk back to the room to get their dress shoes. And wait back in line.

Where's the best place to stay? It's gonna be 2 groups of 4 (4 chicks, 4 dudes). We're pretty much just looking to party. I'll probably be the only one gambling, so that really isn't a big priority. We're gonna be there from the 19th - 23rd in June. I haven't run it by everyone yet, but based on past vacations, I'd say we'd be comfortable with anywhere from $300-$500 (maybe 6) each for the hotel. That'd put us at around $1200-$2000 total for the trip.

Like I said, we are mainly looking to drink, party, and site see. Would prefer to walk, but we can take cabs. Any and all help is appreciated!

And as far as the checking in trick goes, does a higher tip mean a better room? Like if each of us threw in $100 even, would that get us a ridiculous upgrade?

Edit: And not sure if it matters, but we are all pretty young. Ages range from 21-24.
Anyone? Like I have no idea where to begin.

But who are you to tell me what to spend money on? and tell me how my financial situation is just because I go on vacation?.. I don't like to dress up.. I have dress shoes but they only go with slacks and I don't want to over spend money on something that will probably get ruined in one night, or I won't wear again. I would rather buy cheaper does that I can just get in to the club and The extra money can go to other things in Vegas

Back
Top Bottom