GOING TO VEGAS IN A WEEK VOL: Help me with my experience...

Originally Posted by CLU713

Originally Posted by i L t O i V f E

Does it matter WHAT you play?

Slots or tables?

Or is it just the amount of $$ that you wager?
tables, it'll be easier if you play a long time, talk to the pitboss. machines=straight cut of how much you win/lose = if you play a lot/lose a lot, it's easier.. if you play on tables, the pitboss will calculate how much comps you get.. so if you play longer, you'll get comps easier, depending on the mood of the pitboss..

pitbosses don't calculate your comps..they just write down your average bet..so if you are nice to them they might hook you up with a higher average thus helping you with comps..comps are based off your theoretical loss/average bet/hours per session(depending on game, Baccarat sessions are based off amount of shoes played).

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Annnd now i apparently have a free edc ticket for the weekend. someone just tell me to go, dammit!

Just go man, Its Vegas son, you wouldn't have to ask me twice...Plus the fight,

Originally Posted by BgL2687

pitbosses don't calculate your comps..they just write down your average bet..so if you are nice to them they might hook you up with a higher average thus helping you with comps..comps are based off your theoretical loss/average bet/hours per session(depending on game, Baccarat sessions are based off amount of shoes played).
Had no idea this is how Baccarat was calculated. Always wondered if I'd be able to survive a couple hours of betting $25 a hand on the dealer over and over... theoretical loss on that would be in the $.25 range per hand right? Figured I'd be able to last 4 hours easy. 
Is Pai Gow tiles done on a similar scale or does it subscribe to the per hand $25/hr min?

^^ variance is a ++@%#
pai gow players get basically nothing in comps unless you bet real big. you push 95% of the time.

One word:

TREASURES.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Had no idea this is how Baccarat was calculated. Always wondered if I'd be able to survive a couple hours of betting $25 a hand on the dealer over and over... theoretical loss on that would be in the $.25 range per hand right? Figured I'd be able to last 4 hours easy. 
Is Pai Gow tiles done on a similar scale or does it subscribe to the per hand $25/hr min?

not sure how paigow is calculated but for comps its probably the worst game since there are many pushes in the game of paigow...best table game for comp is blackjack and with $500 average bet on blackjack you should be able to get room, food, beverage, and airport transportation comped. ikari I think I remember you saying you or your mom has a host at one of the properties..not sure if you know, but you can always ask you host to refund you your airfare. They will usually refund up to $300 in airfare to you. Also if you are a big table game player ask for promotional chips upon arrival. They will normally give you at least $1k.

khlav... aint you from the portland area?
bgl... $500 a hand is way too much for my budget... i need to learn how to get my airfair refund... but it pretty much goes, play big get big comps... i aint about the life fam..
laugh.gif

I'm in there for the first time in less than 2 weeks. Bellagio the 17th-22nd. I'm so ready to get out on NYC my heads going to explode.

Originally Posted by socluis90

^^ variance is a ++@%#
pai gow players get basically nothing in comps unless you bet real big. you push 95% of the time.
I was assuming Baccarat wasn't a high swing game, then again, 20 bets isn't that much now that I think about it 
laugh.gif

BgL - had no idea airfare could be comped. I should mention that to her. As for me... I haven't played enough to get comped for myself for a while 
laugh.gif
 too much time spent at the books.

For those of you getting in early for EDC... Boulevard Pool at Cosmo is throwing a party. DJ M1keattack is spinning. Surrender is also doing their version of NightSwim. And Drais is open on a Thursday. Don't waste your Thursday night!

Originally Posted by socluis90

^^ variance is a ++@%#
pimp.gif
Gambling while keeping your money...
laugh.gif

Going to a bachelor party this weekend! Staying at the Venetian Friday-Sunday. Only bad thing is going to have to drive from bay area and never driven to Vegas before. Airfare was ridiculous on such short notice.My biggest concern is what the proper attire would be for night life. Don't wanna be too over/underdressed. Any advice?

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Going to a bachelor party this weekend! Staying at the Venetian Friday-Sunday. Only bad thing is going to have to drive from bay area and never driven to Vegas before. Airfare was ridiculous on such short notice.My biggest concern is what the proper attire would be for night life. Don't wanna be too over/underdressed. Any advice?
First, the drive isn't as bad as you think. I'll be driving and trying to get girls to flash me in an effort to pass the time. 
No such thing as being too overdressed. Just think about what you'll be comfortable in when you're in the club heat+outdoor heat. Button up/dress shirts, slacks, nice shoes are perfectly fine. You can get away with nice, dark jeans also. If you guys are hiring a dancer to come to your room, I'd suggest basketball shorts. No boxers underneath. Make sure you tell her you're a virgin.

Luong - I've seen a hundred go quick on pai gow poker with $10 bets 
laugh.gif
 I'm just not built for that game for some reason.

Not with me, I'll take it easy 
laugh.gif
, don't want my money gone too quickly.

As for the drive, if you've got good company, you'll be fine. Make sure you load your ipod and have an aux outlet in your car (hopefully).

^ that's me bro. nothing like partying in vegas,I'm there at least like once a month it seems like. I'm numb to the 3 hour drive already lol.

feel bad for all you edc peeps waiting for a taxi afterwards. last year there was a 3-5 hour wait i heard. insane!

aight ya'll..

I'll be out there starting on Saturday, June 16th. Got the lady with me, plus one other couple.

anything poppin specifically for that weekend? 
pimp.gif

Staying at The Elara Hotel the 21st-24th. Anybody been there before? How is it? Not my choice by the way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by maldonado

aight ya'll..

I'll be out there starting on Saturday, June 16th. Got the lady with me, plus one other couple.

anything poppin specifically for that weekend? 
pimp.gif
Weekend after EDC, so it won't be as crazy as this coming weekend. The DJ lineups at the clubs won't be as high profile due to EDC being this weekend. However, it is a summer weekend in Vegas so you'll have no problems finding something poppin'.

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Staying at The Elara Hotel the 21st-24th. Anybody been there before? How is it? Not my choice by the way
laugh.gif

Elara is ph towers, they just change the name it's my favorite hotel...

Back
Top Bottom