GOOD and BAD moments of 2009

To me the only good pair of kicks worth really copping from Jordan Brand in the 2009 year were the Space Jams...everything other than that was either decent, or just plain ol' hypebeast trash...

Honorable mentions of sneakers I liked in 09' from JB..

Nubuck 12's
White & Red 12's
True Blue 3's (although I disliked that they were released internationally..still don't have a pair yet though)
Doernbecher 6's (I only nominate this colorway because of the good quality it seems to have..still don't care much for the colorway)
Varsity Red suede 5's from the DMP 5 pack..

all others were pure garbage...

let's see..
the Good +++++

Raging Bulls
Spacejams
True Blue
Flu Game
Nubuck

goods: nubuck xiis red/wht xiis (very excited that people are sleeping on those so i can grab them when they go on sale)! sjs, tbiii, dmp1 pack (rotted on shelves, copped for 115 total during nordstroms men sale!!!)

bads: AFJ garbage, 6 Rings, any fusion crap. (jordan 2009s are for 79.99 @ outlets!), not releasing the blk/purple/teal xiis in adult sizes..

also, pretty bummed about how they went about on the tbiii release..

in 09 i got
DMP 11
Cool Greys
French blue 12s
black and red 13s
black and chrome 17
space jams

Honestly, who buys those fusions, and hybrids? 2.5?
In my opinion it's more of a disappointing 2009 for JB...
First, Nubuck 12's sitting on shelves for like 6 mos. same with the AJ 2.5 (Bad C/W)
Second, delaying the release and too close between releases for the rising sun and flu game 12's
Third, I feel bad for Jordan 2009, waiting a long time to be sold
Fourth, Int'l release for a Holy Grail Shoe (TB 3's)
Fifth, Crazy hype for Space Jams, and Prices, eye popping! 
nerd.gif

All in all, 2009 was a bad if not the worst marketing strategy for JB, too much hype, bad C/W, Materials, Pricing...
Because of these I will not be surprised of JB release Gold Jordan Shoes!!!

This year was fairly weak compared to past years. I think I only picked up 5 releases from 2009.

Back
Top Bottom