Good basketball shoe for a PG?

Looking to get a new bball shoe.I have been considering

-Zoom BB 2
-Jordan XX3
-Kobe 3

What is a good shoe for a guard? I'm 5'8" 135.

The shoes you've stated are all good shoes for any pointguard.
Take this into consideration though and answer these questions:

What type of PG are you?
"True PG" Pass first, shoot second?
"Scoring PG" Look for your shot, dish when you have to?
Do you go to the basket hard for layups/dish out?
Do you shoot off the dribble or do you spot up?

What type of shoe do you want?
Do you want light weight?
Something higher or lower cut?
Is cushioning a big factor along with traction?

My current rotation is:
+Zoom BB2 Low
+Huarache 2k4
+Huarache '08
-Zoom BB
-Kobe 3
-XX3

All are good shoes for any pointguard. I've marked the ones I've been using a lot more lately with the + signs. All shoes are pretty lightweight andthe zoom air give a soft plush ride and have great responsiveness. Traction is not a problem whatsoever with any of these and there wasn't any movement ofmy foot within the shoe at all, so lockdown in them is pretty good. Though the cutouts on both huaraches around the ankles are decieving in looks, they bothhave adequate ankle protection, along with the outriggers they allow your ankle to be stable enough from tipping over and spraining anything, but also giveenough room for a less restricted feel. As for the Zoom BB 2 Lows, they're my first low tops since middle school when the Rbk Answer IV first released andI played a whole season in them. I've played in my zooms for almost a month and absolutely love them and considering another pair.The full length zoom airbag is so soft and smooth, it feels amazing, and with the same outsole as the Zoom BB, the traction is top notch. The outrigger allows you to make those sharpcuts without tipping over, and the low cut feel is a lot less restrivtive allowing quick little guards like myself to move more freely. The innter is soft andforms to your foot pretty well. All these sheos I've stated are all good shoes for any pointguard or guard in general. Just take those questions intoconsideration and how much you're willing to pay. If you only wear Js and dont mind the price, the xx3 are great or previously stated by bobyelenak, theXIV are one of the best, but if you dont mind rocking Nikes [which I dont think you do because you've stated them above] any of your picks or mysuggestions are great for ya and they're a lot less than 185 I can tell you that lol. I wear my 23s for ball because I got them for 100 each and haveanother pair of black stealths and white stealths DS. Go to the store and just try on some shoes and see how you like the feel, remember there's alwaysthat return policy lol.

im a pass first pg,i RUN alot sort of a mix between Nash and Paul's style of play.i spot up and she also,and most of my shots are 75% driving 25%jumpers.ive played in the 2k5's and XXIs and prefer a shoe similar to the XXI.i have the XIV and they are beat.traction is big also.

I've been playing in jordan CP's the all black. Very lite very comfy. Besides those just the playoff VIII's which are aaight. XX3's are goodtoo but very heavy.

Try the Kobe 3's - you will be amazed
Also XX2 's seem like they would be good for you if you liked the xx1
Lastly the CP's are good aswell

i am now considering trying the Nike Zoom BB 1.And i have the XX2's (black suede/red) and i don't like hooping in them,something about the heel feelsfunny/uncomfortable to me.

My past rotation over the past few years has been...(one's i liked best marked with a +)
+Nike Huarache 2K4
+Jordan XXI
-Air Jordan XIV
-Kobe I
+Huarache 2K5

The BB1s replaced the 2k5s as my fave guard shoes - only the Kobe3s have come close in responsiveness. Just can't get another shoe thats as low to theground but still has decent cushioning (thnx to the full length zoom unit). Go try on either of those shoes - the ZBB's were love at first sight for mebut the kobe3s were just so ridiculously comfy that they became my main ballin shoes - i do cheat on them and go back to the BBs pretty often though! Js havealways felt a lil narrow for me w/ several exceptions; however the xx3s were not 1 of them - i returned them after deciding i didn't wanna risk them neverbreaking in well enough for me, especially since i bought them at retail; my hookup quit awhile back...
embarassed.gif

P.S. good choice going w/ the BB1s - the low back is much less constrictive especially if ur gonna be running the point.

Back
Top Bottom