Good summer jobs vol. college students

I'm away at school but back home I have a job that I've had since high school that I now work during breaks, problem is I don't wanna go back. Hours suck, dealing with people suck, answering phones sucks, I just want a change of pace. Im a business admin major but an internship is looking more likely next summer so what are some good places that hire during the summer?   

try working as a teller. work 9-5 and not night shifts and they close early on saturday and close on sunday.

why cant you get an internship?

Don't blow your summer working alongside people who are not on a degree path. You went to college for a reason.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Don't blow your summer working alongside people who are not on a degree path. You went to college for a reason.

pretty much...or at least work in your field

Get an internship, it'll make your life that much easier once you graduate and are looking for a job + being around people who can share their own personal experiences of being in the field is invaluable

You live near a Military base? Check their local papers, website, or anyone who might have some connects there. Even teenage kids be getting these jobs (usually just the 1SG's son or something) making 12$ an hr not doing much of %*+! literally making GS5 paper. They just hang out, maybe shred some documents, and text on their phones the rest of the time. You could also get something at the hospital getting records at the desk, another cake job. I worked as a supply clerk as my first military summer job, think I was a GS5 which is 10.82 at the time. They even offered to extend me part time when the school yr came, even though I didn't do anything but sit around and play on the computer all day

If you live in a city with a Major League Baseball team and a stadium. Those are deceent seasonal jobs (over here atleast, get paid 11.50/hr) for spring/summer doing Concessions. People who do Warehouse get paid more.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

easier said than done, and a job is a job so take what you can get 

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

with that mentality you arent going to accomplish much

engineering major working at dollar general
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FedEx/UPS, manual labor, commercial fishing, seasonal warehouse job, car detail (vacuum, wash) for a dealership.

These are things that I did and was able to rack up a lot of $$$. They key was Fedex. Package handling allowed for another job and that made my bank account happy.

I'm workin as moblie security patrol and goin to school part time. Its easy money and they work with your schedule and if you save smartly, you will be STACKIN. TRUST ME.

Take what you can get only applies if you're 40+ and struggling - if you're a student, you go for what will give you the best experience, which will alow for flexibility and better pay when looking for a full time job when graduatedA bigger bank account is cool if you want to fold shirts for 4 months, but better pay comes with better experience

ehh i rather make pennies/nothing at all and work in a field where it'll help supplement my degree and earn valuable experience for future job hunts... than working in a menial place earning decent pay (and OP doesn't even like this job). this is why ppl complain about their degrees. be proactive this summer!

Internships are hard to land and most of them don't even get paid
ohwell.gif
When I go home Im applying to every possible place I really dont care where

Internships are the way to go, but any job is really good experience. Try to find a job that is relevant or somewhat relevant to your major, but customer service and cash handling experience is really good.

I've been working while in college for 4 years now, two years at a tutoring center, and my current job at the school library. It's good cash but I feel like I should look for a job or an internship that can give me good experience for the future.

with that mentality you arent going to accomplish much

engineering major working at dollar general
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
unfortunately in this economy this actually happens. its not the best option but people set their standards for jobs too high sometimes.

Intern in Financial Management at a mid-sized bank that's based in my area. May move to wealth management before the summer, though.

Originally Posted by Kramer

Internships are hard to land and most of them don't even get paid
ohwell.gif
When I go home Im applying to every possible place I really dont care where

What field are you in?

Most internships these days....are paid.  And a lot of them pay rather well.

what's your major, famb?

that will help alot...

half the battle of finding a job is knowing what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom