Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Noskey

And another one. This OSU team is way too unpredictable. Hope they get that anger from losing last week out of their system before the Ducks march into Corvallis.
Man, if the team that showed up last night would have shown up all season it would be a whole different year for the Beavers
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Not saying they are out to get SC, they got...got.

Just wish they would be consistent, practice what they preach.

I guess my gripes are as redundant as you +%%$@ & moaning about Randy Shannon after every loss or Michigan fans cluttering the thread in the "off season" only to dissappear (w/ the exception of a couple) during the season.

Now you're just making up %*!%. I hardly even post on here after losses so the 1st part isn't true.

And I still see Michigan fans in here posting every game win or loss so i don't know how you came up with the 2nd part either.

But every single week you're in here *****ing about how SC got treated and the NCAA isn't treating other schools the same way. Which is just nonsense. Get over it.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

Originally Posted by IYE2

@TPeezy2 Heard Kirk herbstreit was dogging us. He a fake buckeye. Fake as hell

laugh.gif
Is that D-Po's tweet?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
nerd.gif
Pryor

I thought it was Posey's tweet to Pryor at first the way IYE2 posted it. It's actually TP2's tweet to all his followers? Even funnier.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I still see Michigan fans in here posting every game win or loss so i don't know how you came up with the 2nd part either.
This. The only UofM fans that were steadily in here in the "off season" were Newbs, zs05wc and myself.
nerd.gif
I know my dude shabooyah prefers to lurk/keep it on twitter (& I damn sure am not about to claim RoOk).

I guess my gripes are as redundant as you %$%+% & moaning about Randy Shannon after every loss or Michigan fans cluttering the thread in the "off season" only to dissappear (w/ the exception of a couple) during the season.
Who are these Michigan fans who disappear?

LaMike was not listed on the injury report today at practice.

However, Lavasier Tuinei (WR) had his arm in a sling, which will most likely mean that FR Josh Huff will move into the starting role as a slot-receiver, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Can't wait for Black Friday
pimp.gif

I guess my gripes are as redundant as you %$%+% & moaning about Randy Shannon after every loss
or Michigan fans cluttering the thread in the "off season" only to dissappear (w/ the exception of a couple) during the season.

[h2]Harvey Perlman unhappy with Bo Pelini[/h2]

Associated Press

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman isn't happy with coach Bo Pelini's behavior.

Perlman told The Associated Press on Sunday that Pelini's verbal assault of officials during Saturday's game at Texas A&M did not reflect well on the university or the football program.

The game was televised on ABC, and Perlman called camera shots of Pelini's outbursts "unfortunate." He said he, athletic director Tom Osborne or both of them will address the matter with Pelini. Perlman wouldn't speculate on whether disciplinary action would be taken.

The Cornhuskers were penalized 16 times for 140 yards in the 9-6 loss. Pelini was seen yelling at officials after many of the penalties, and he was called for unsportsmanlike conduct early in the fourth quarter.

Pelini also was seen ripping into quarterback Taylor Martinez.

They should have put how many penalties a&m had? I think it was less than 5...

I woulda been ready to snap too...

A&M had like two penalties for 10 yards...

The roughing the passer call in the 4th was worth getting fired up about, but other than that? Meh.

Bo acted like a little !*!@$ all night and did himself and his team no favors... The Aggies played a really clean game and somebody finally went punch for punch with the Huskers. Bo and a couple players lost their damn heads and cost themselves a couple opportunities.

There was one bad call all night, which was the roughing the passer call. It's not TAMU's fault nor the refs' fault that Nebraska had multiple false starts, illegal procedures, and other bonehead penalties throughout the game.

The refs really didn't miss any penalties on TAMU's side, either. I could maybe see making a case for a couple of holding calls, but that's the cleanest game I've ever seen TAMU play.

Nebraska finally ran into a team that was going to play just as physical as Nebraska does, and I don't think they liked that or knew to how to react to it very well.

Originally Posted by tmay407

There was one bad call all night, which was the roughing the passer call. It's not TAMU's fault nor the refs' fault that Nebraska had multiple false starts, illegal procedures, and other bonehead penalties throughout the game.

The refs really didn't miss any penalties on TAMU's side, either. I could maybe see making a case for a couple of holding calls, but that's the cleanest game I've ever seen TAMU play.

Nebraska finally ran into a team that was going to play just as physical as Nebraska does, and I don't think they liked that or knew to how to react to it very well.
can't blame anyone but ourselves for all the offense penalties.

but again, that roughing the passer call was huge. i dont think any husker fan is going to discredit A&M for how they played.

but that was a huge call.

2011 RB Justice Hayes on his commitment to ND:

"Last weekend when I went to the [Notre Dame] game I was just uncomfortable with a couple of situations," Hayes said. "Me and my family ultimately decided to open back up my recruiting process.

"I'm not going to go too much in detail, but I pretty much have a school I'm thinking about," Hayes said. "There's just a couple things I've got to see and think about it more with my family, but I pretty much know the second place I want to go to."

Deanthony Arnett's homeboy, was at his commit presser, even snuck in a visit to Knoxville and the staff is sending Coach Baggette up to Michigan to see them

4-Star RB Justice Hayes
Has de-committed from Notre Dame. I heard Tennessee is sending coaches up to see him soon. When I was at DeAnthony Arnett's press conference, Justice was there and when DA picked UT, Justice said something like, "that was one of my top schools before I committed."

This one could heat up.
pimp.gif

There are rumors swirling on the Nebraska Rivals board that Taylor Martinez may have quit...wouldn't be the first time he's done that...

Pelini was absolutely digging into dude on the sidelines for some reason... Never heard if anybody knew why.

Coach Bo lost it last night. Complete lack of composure and it helped cost his team that football game... Then his brother broke an Aggie reporter's camera after the game.
30t6p3b.gif
Just not a good night for the Pelini family.

There are rumors swirling on the Nebraska Rivals board that Taylor Martinez may have quit...wouldn't be the first time he's done that...

?

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

?
According to some Nebraska fans, Martinez has already threatened to quit once before.

And supposedly Bo was so pissed off at him for calling his dad after he had gone to the locker room to get his ankle looked at in the first half.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

2011 RB Justice Hayes on his commitment to ND:

"Last weekend when I went to the [Notre Dame] game I was just uncomfortable with a couple of situations," Hayes said. "Me and my family ultimately decided to open back up my recruiting process.

"I'm not going to go too much in detail, but I pretty much have a school I'm thinking about," Hayes said. "There's just a couple things I've got to see and think about it more with my family, but I pretty much know the second place I want to go to."

Deanthony Arnett's homeboy, was at his commit presser, even snuck in a visit to Knoxville and the staff is sending Coach Baggette up to Michigan to see them

4-Star RB Justice Hayes
Has de-committed from Notre Dame. I heard Tennessee is sending coaches up to see him soon. When I was at DeAnthony Arnett's press conference, Justice was there and when DA picked UT, Justice said something like, "that was one of my top schools before I committed."

This one could heat up.
pimp.gif

YO thats wild crazy because I played at GBHS and I got to Tennessee
pimp.gif
 Squill's my boy, he showed me everything Tennessee sent him last yr and I taught him rocky top
laugh.gif
 But we have A VERY LEGIT shot 
nerd.gif
 Gunna this guy is the perfect fit for us, he's a taller thinner Tauren Poole..his agility may be better actually. AND out high school runs alot of 4-5 wide sets shere he catches the ball very well or wreaks havoc on a draw. If we get him, We LOOKIN NIIIIIICE
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

?
According to some Nebraska fans, Martinez has already threatened to quit once before.

And supposedly Bo was so pissed off at him for calling his dad after he had gone to the locker room to get his ankle looked at in the first half.

Yup, I just got a call from someone in Lincoln bout this.  $!#* is crazy.

Apparently he hasn't officially quit yet, but he might?  Idk.  Dude looked like he had already quit when Bo was yellin at him on the sideline.  Wasn't even payin Bo no mind.  Hopefully he doesn't quit, it wouldn't be the best option for him or Nebraska.

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- University of Southern California athletic department officials knew of 1st Round Enterprises and its NFLPA-certified CEO prior to the Thursday incident where freshman tailback Dillon Baxter solicited a free golf cart ride from the company's cart onto USC's campus, USC officials confirmed Sunday.

Baxter was ruled ineligible Friday by USC, one day after he received the ride from 1st Round in what the school has determined to be a violation of NCAA rules concerning extra benefits. According to the school, USC vice president for athletic compliance David Roberts and senior associate athletic directors Mark Jackson and J.K. McKay met with the CEO and driver of the cart, Teague Egan, prior to Thursday and told him that a golf cart ride would be against NCAA rules.

"Approximately one week [before Baxter's golf cart ride], USC officials saw Egan in a golf cart on campus and met with him to inquire into his contacts with USC student-athletes," USC vice president for athletic compliance David Roberts told ESPNLosAngeles.com Sunday. "At that time, Egan was asked not to provide any transportation or other benefits to student-athletes."

Reached by phone Sunday evening, Egan refused to comment on the veracity of Roberts' statement but did say that the ride was his "mistake."

"I don't want to blow things over, so I want to talk to them again before I say anything," said Egan. "It's never too late to say something."

USC self-reported the infraction and also filed an official request with the NCAA for Baxter's reinstatement. As part of the request, USC put a nominal value on the golf cart ride that Baxter would have to repay, Roberts said.

"We're hoping that that this is going to be the end of it and the NCAA will understand that we acted proactively and quickly," Roberts said Saturday, speaking to reporters before USC's game against Oregon State at Reser Stadium. "Obviously we'll take further action in this coming week to make sure that there are no other contacts between these people and our players."

Egan, 22, is currently an undergraduate student at USC, according to official school records. His biography on the agency's website includes a claim that he has "befriended many athletes on the USC football team." 1st Round Enterprises is a student-run company that represents recording artists, promotes parties at local nightclubs in the Los Angeles area and lists itself as a provider of sports representation.

Egan and 1st Round are not believed to represent any professional athletes at this time. The agency's official site lists no clients, but Egan is registered as a contract advisor with the NFL Player's Association.

"As an contract advisor, I have never ever given a player money, anything of monetary value, or extra benefit not afforded to other students or my friends," Egan wrote in a statement to ESPNLosAngeles.com Saturday night. "We did not mean or intend to break any rules, and are truly sorry this instance got blown out of proportion."

Egan added: "To me, a golf cart ride wasn't an extra benefit, since I give 15-20 rides a day to all my friends to and from class. The question is would they consider riding on the handle bars of a bicycle against the rules? Say we all wanted to go to the movies together, would we have to take separate cars, and the player ride by himself? ... I wouldn't even buy a players ticket to that movie. But a ride?"

Egan also said he plans on "fully cooperating with USC on any issue they might have." The two parties met Sunday in what Egan termed a "productive meeting."

Former Trojans linebacker Jordan Campbell, the first USC player to defect post-sanctions when he transferred to Louisville in June, was listed as a partner on the agency's official site until late Saturday and was confirmed by Roberts as a principal with the company. Longtime NFL agent and current USC adjunct professor of law Fred Fenster is also listed as the legal senior adviser for the company.

Campbell and Fenster did not return phone calls and messages left for them Saturday.

Speaking to reporters in the Reser Stadium press box before Saturday's USC-Oregon State game, Roberts said USC notified both the NCAA and Louisville of Campbell's involvement with the company.

A Louisville spokesperson confirmed USC notified the school's compliance office on Friday.

"That's not per se our issue because he's no longer a student with us, but we're aware of the facts," Roberts said. "As we look into this, that'll be an issue to be considered."

Back
Top Bottom