Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Stanford bout to be snubbed
30t6p3b.gif

If I were a Stanford fan, id be rooting like hell for Michigan tomorrow, even though your coach might be their coach in 2 years lol.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

No non-AQ is going to jump Auburn/Oregon unless they lose. Especially since TCU is playing @$#%*! %$@ New Mexico. I need Boise to lose so TCU can play in the Rose Bowl. 

the last bowl I think TCU will play in is the Rose Bowl, it'll be Stanford - OSU/MSU/Wisconsin, too much tradition behind the rose bowl for them to pick a Non-AQ
Rose Bowl has to take a non-AQ this year if one of their Pac-10/Big 10 spots is vacated and most likely Oregon is going to title game. Boise or TCU will be in the Rose Bowl this year, just depends on which one is higher.

The most likely scenario right now for TCU is the Orange Bowl from everything I have read and heard.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Bucky vs Boise...that will be one hell of a game.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

What does possibly beating a 2 loss VT team who lost to Boise prove for TCU if they play?

Nothing, it sucks, but going to a BCS Bowl is better than going to the Independence or Las Vegas Bowl.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

What does possibly beating a 2 loss VT team who lost to Boise prove for TCU if they play?

Nothing, it sucks, but going to a BCS Bowl is better than going to the Independence or Las Vegas Bowl.

Question, I just read that if the PAC 10 loses its Rose Bowl team to the MNC (which would happen with Oregon) that they are contractually obligated this year to replace it with a non-AQ team if one is qualified. Are you hearing that the Rose would take Boise and the Orange would take you guys? 
Also, I don't think we'll beat whoever we play unless we play a pass happy team that doesn't run at all. I'm scared of Wisconsin the most because they would probably put up 400 yds of rushing on us; our run D is awful. 

EDIT: Damn Boise and their blocks in the back that never get called, or get called and then they pick up the flag 
alien.gif

Damn that's a perfect throw.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Dropped it right in there...

Im not gonna jump the gun and jinx myself on BSU covering like I did with BAMA today though
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Damn that's a perfect throw.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Dropped it right in there...

Im not gonna jump the gun and jinx myself on BSU covering like I did with BAMA today though
indifferent.gif

I picked Boise St. tonight too. Boise State is going to kill Nevada. I should've picked under as well.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Question, I just read that if the PAC 10 loses its Rose Bowl team to the MNC (which would happen with Oregon) that they are contractually obligated this year to replace it with a non-AQ team if one is qualified. Are you hearing that the Rose would take Boise and the Orange would take you guys? 
Yes, whoever is ranked highest of Boise and TCU will go to the Rose Bowl. It will most likely be Boise State unless they crap the bed against Utah State or something next week. I have also heard its looking like Orange Bowl for TCU IF they go to a BCS Bowl at all. It looks like that Orange Bowl spot could come down to a selection of TCU or Stanford and most think they would take TCU cause they would travel better to that location. 

At least thats how I understand it.

If everyone wins out what the bowls should look like:

NC: Auburn v. Oregon
Rose: Boise v. Wisconsin
Sugar: TCU v. LSU
Orange: VT v. OKST/OU
Fiesta: Big East Champ v. Stanford (no way they should be left out of a BCS game this year but since they probably won't travel as well Ohio St. will get the nod over them)

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Yes, whoever is ranked highest of Boise and TCU will go to the Rose Bowl. It will most likely be Boise State unless they crap the bed against Utah State or something next week. I have also heard its looking like Orange Bowl for TCU IF they go to a BCS Bowl at all. It looks like that Orange Bowl spot could come down to a selection of TCU or Stanford and most think they would take TCU cause they would travel better to that location. 

At least thats how I understand it.
Gotcha. I know you'd rather have played in the title game but hopefully we can give you guys a good game (assuming that we win the ACC CG). I know we're probably the worst/lowest profile of all the potential bowl matchups, but if it helps just pretend that we didn't crap the bed against JMU and we'd be ranked pretty highly and possibly have some respect nationally.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Our fans usually travel pretty well if there's a good bowl game; I know we didn't travel that well to the Orange Bowl in 07 or 08 but part of the reason for that was the teams we played (fans weren't that excited to play Kansas when we could have played Oklahoma in 07 and in 08 our team sucked and didn't even deserve a BCS bid and we had to play Cincy). Last year we played Tenn. in the Chick Fil A Bowl and it was a sellout despite the fact that we already had played twice in ATL that year (game against Bama was also a sellout and we brought a ton of fans). Hopefully if we end up playing each other it's a good game and a good fan turnout;  I HATE half empty stadiums with no atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom