Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Man if the Canes lose to Notre Dame 
mad.gif
Not a chance. Shannon's gone. Now the best players will actually get to play.
smokin.gif
They weren't already playing?

Nope. But that's not really a surprise. Former players have said the best players didn't always play under Randy for various reasons. Randy has always been known to play favorites.
Like who? I assume you're gonna mention the Morris kid, but who else?

Tavares Gooden was just on radio last week and he admitted that the best players didn't always play under Randy.

Randy has been know to play seniors over younger guys who are more talented.

Like last year when Coop and Javarris James were playing over Damien Berry who was clearly our best back.

Travis Benjamin has been dropping passes, running the wrong routes, and not going up for balls all year and has still been playing.

AJ Highsmith said that no matter how many INTs Jacory threw or how badly he played he was still going to start no matter what.

It's not a secret. It's not an excuse either. Been going on for years.

chow,Chuck Bullough and Reggie moore out

Bobby Kenndey the texas WR coach in for moore

all this coaching change means RN has one more year

No but you gave that as the reason why they wouldnt lose to ND so I would have thought You had some guys in mind.

either way, its not even important anymore.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Damn.... not excited that we play Nebraska again. 
laugh.gif
Yeah, I hope we put up a better fight this time
tired.gif
Me three.
laugh.gif

I was out of the country for the Nebraska game earlier this year, but I checked the box score while in London and saw I didnt miss much. 
sick.gif
Im optimistic since I believe were a much better team now, but I cant help but think its because I didnt see in person how they manhandled us. Regardless I just purchased my tickets to the game, now Ive got to worry about flights and somewhere to stay.

Any SD Nters got a couch for me to sleep on?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'd say Brandon McGee over those scrubs Ryan Hill and DVD. But thats about it. I don't see who hasn't been playing that needs to be seeing the field ASAP.  Maybe Jordan Futch? or CJ Holton. I don't know how much better they are than the starters at this point.

Frankly, this team blows, aside from guys like Hankerson, Lamar Miller, Bailey, Spence, and Brandon Harris there really isn't much to work with on this roster.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Bruin Report Online has learned that it’s expected Head Coach Rick Neuheisel will let go Defensive Coordinator Chuck Bullough.
We’ve heard that Neuheisel has a certain candidate in mind as the replacement, a coach he’s worked with in the past that has had considerable success as a defensive coordinator. We’ve heard, too, that this coach isn’t necessarily happy where he currently is working and could be motivated to make a change.

Also, we’ve learned that there’s a very good chance that Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow will also leave the program. Even with Chow having recently signed a two-year extension, sources are indicating that Neuheisel and Chow could decide it’s best for Chow to leave. This is not implying that there is any tension between the two, but that it’s a development many feel is in the best interests of all involved, including the UCLA program.

We’ve heard from various sources that there has been some frustration over Chow’s play-calling. First, we’ve heard that Chow has struggled a bit to get the play called properly and on time. Sources are also indicating that Neuheisel took over a greater percentage of the play-calling duties in the Arizona State and USC games.

We’ve also heard that there is some intention for one more assistant coach to be replaced.

So, then here’s our speculation on the coordinator situation:

We believe that Neuheisel will have to find some considerable money to pay the defensive coordinator he has in mind, and believe that Neuheisel recognizes this and is doing what he can to make it happen.

We also believe that it wouldn’t be much of an issue to find the money to buy Chow out of his contract.

In terms of whom Neuheisel might consider for the OC position if Chow does indeed leave the program, in our opinion, a very viable alternative would be for Neuheisel to call the plays himself. He could hire a coach who ostensibly would have the title of offensive coordinator, whose primary job would be to prepare the game plan for the week, but for Neuheisel to then take over the responsibility of most of the actual play-calling in the games. Neuheisel has always been a play caller, and only really suppressed the role when he hired Chow, which was understandable, given Chow’s resume. It could be a very viable idea, especially since the money that Neuheisel could save in not having to find a very expensive OC could then go toward the DC he covets. It would also pretty much solve the issue of the Pistol scheme. If Neuheisel went out to find a new coordinator, more than likely his candidates would want to bring in their own, preferred scheme, which would be a third new scheme in just four years under Neuheisel. From what we’ve heard, Neuheisel believes the Pistol has the chance to be successful, but it would then be pretty difficult to find a proven OC that could run it. If Neuheisel called the plays, it would give him a chance to keep the Pistol for at least another season, giving it a chance to develop.

pimp.gif

idk about Chow tho..he hasnt had the personnel to work with. but his playcalling has been brutal

BRO is such garbage 
laugh.gif
.  Not saying that any of that stuff won't be true, but how many times can you write "might", "believe", and "heard" in a report?
Also, Norm Chow "struggled a bit to get the play called properly and on time"?  Did he just wake up one day and forget how to be an OC?  Come on now 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Frankly, this team blows, aside from guys like Hankerson, Lamar Miller, Bailey, Spence, and Brandon Harris there really isn't much to work with on this roster.

Ray Ray, Storm Johnson, Telemaque, Forston, Henderson, Shayon Green, Asante Cleveland, Mike James....

Not to mention a buncha freshman offensive lineman who havent seen the field yet. Aside from WRs and premier defensive linemen, there are talented players on this team that are underclassmen. The team has potential but its been hard to see with losses to the likes of UVA and such
sick.gif

Same stuff with RR. They are playing a few guys that have no business out there. Vinopal, Ezeh, Patterson, Rogers, Moundros, Leach, Huyge should not really ever see the field. Demens, Marv Robinson Lewan all should have been starters from Day 1. They reward guys that practice well but are so slow they suck against real game speed.

Looking at the team statistics Oregon and Auburn almost look identical.  It's interesting how close all of the numbers are, and should lead to it being a damn good game 
pimp.gif

Source
PPG
Oregon - #1 49.3
Auburn - #6 42.7

Passing Yards/YPG
Oregon - #50 2,804 - #48 233.7
Auburn - #57 2,737 - #69 210.5

Rushing Yards/YPG
Oregon - #5 3646 - #4 303.8
Auburn - #4 3733 - #6 287.2

Total Yards/YPG
Oregon - #5 6450 - #2 537.5
Auburn - #2 6470 - #7 497.4

Points Allowed PG
Oregon - #14 18.4
Auburn - #54 24.5

Passing Yards Allowed/YPG
Oregon - #52 2568 - #56 214
Auburn - #110 3256 - #105.5 250.5

Rushing Yards Allowed/YPG
Oregon - #14 1411 - #16 117.6
Auburn - #17 1452 - #11 111.7

Total Yards Allowed/YPG
Oregon - #25 3979  - #25 331.6
Auburn - #72 4708 - #54 362.2

Sagarin
Strength of Schedule (Sagarin)
Oregon - #20
Auburn - #16

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Ray Ray, Storm Johnson, Telemaque, Forston, Henderson, Shayon Green, Asante Cleveland, Mike James....

Not to mention a buncha freshman offensive lineman who havent seen the field yet. Aside from WRs and premier defensive linemen, there are talented players on this team that are underclassmen. The team has potential but its been hard to see with losses to the likes of UVA and such
sick.gif

Why was dude rotated all year with JoJo Nicolas?

Butch Davis had an in-home with Marquise last night. He filled out enrollment papers and they talked about jersey numbers. The staff left feeling confident he will be in Chapel Hill come Spring Semester. Another poster who is close to the football office said that MW called them today and confirmed he will enroll in January. This guy has been proven wrong in the past, but hopefully that tidbit is true.

After losing EG the staff is still looking to get 2 QBs in this class. UNC is targeting Jacoby Brissett, Tanner McEvoy, and Vad Lee as possible replacements. Being able to steal one of those three would be a he positive for us. Hopefully we can snag Vad Lee from GT.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

agreed some really really good matchups, I was hoping we would get A&M thought we could destroy them I still think LSU does.
I'm with you in that I think Alabama would have destroyed us, but what makes you think LSU will?

Everything I've seen out of LSU this year makes me think this will be a reincarnation of the Nebraska game.

Could be, but they have a month to get the offense ready. And if the defense shows up which it did most of the season i think they'll win maybe not destroy but i think LSU wins

Back
Top Bottom