Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Nick Saban actually makes 6 mil but the Saturday comedy stylings of Mad Hatter are indeed must see tv lol.

OK.. 6Mil is stupid high.. but look at these salaries..you mean to tell me the Canes couldnt get a better coach if they offered
a mil and a half more than they paying AL Golden????...

TCU coach-Gary Patterson - $2.5mil/year
Boise St coach- Chris Peterson - 3mil/year
Stanford coach- Jim Harbaugh - $2mil/year
Ole Miss coach- Tommy Tuberville- $2Mil/year
-Milke Leach- $2Mil/year

Temple coach- Al Golden- $575K
Canes now pay him $2Mil/year?!?!

Jim Harbaugh wouldn't come.......nfl or michigan is his next move after stanford.....

tommy tub coaches at texas tech.......i wasn't sold on him

tcu wouldn't let gary patterson go...they would outbid miami.....

mike leach?
laugh.gif
......i'll pass unless he was teamed up w/ a hell of a defensive coordinator

AH, I asked around about Aaron Douglas, and the feeling from the ppl in Maryville is he will end up at Arkansas, one of the coaches there is a long time Family friend from his neighborhood and they are really close.

also supposedly AD80 is really small right now too.

you heard anything about either ?

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

OK.. 6Mil is stupid high.. but look at these salaries..you mean to tell me the Canes couldnt get a better coach if they offered

-Milke Leach- $2Mil/year

Dudes need to lower their expectations....

A high-level trustee fully aware of how the search was done said, ``We were not going to get a star, and it wasn't a money thing. Why would [marquee coaches] leave any of their great programs'' to take another college job? ``Florida didn't get one either. We hired the best person that wasn't in the top 20.''
The trustee said UM inquired about Stanford's Jim Harbaugh, who wasn't interested, and said Jon Gruden never seemed serious about taking the job. Chris Peterson gave UM no indication he wanted to leave Boise State. UM thought Nebraska's Bo Pelini had some interest, but he changed his mind. And UM was turned off by Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen's big ego, with one trustee saying he acts like he invented the game.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.co...smart.html#ixzz18C7O14Zv

And you lost ALL credibility when you put "Ole Miss Coach" on that list.

Tubberville? Was never going to happen. Too old. Didn't want him anyway.

Besides....who was the last big name sexy hire to actually work out? Look at Rich Rod...how's he working out right now?

Leach? Never going to happen. The most overrated coach in the world. Why hasn't he got another job somewhere else if he's such a great coach? He had maybe 2 decent seasons in a decade at TT. Not to mention his legal issues. Not to mention the fact that he already interviewed for the job back in '06 and did horrible.

Patterson? Leaving TCU? Be realistic.

Harbaugh? Who turned down is own Alma Mater? Be serious.

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

-Milke Leach- $2Mil/year

Gary Patterson was never coming. With the move to the Big East he has it made up in TCU
Chris Peterson is a god in Boise State

Jim Harbaugh was never happening ever

Tommy Tubberville is at TEXAS TECH

No thanks to Mike Leach although his offense would have been ridiculous/terrible defense

Just because there is a list of potential candidates doesn't mean they all want to come to UM. Unless they view it as a move up in the college world.

Right now all those moves for those coaches would be a move down from their current head coaching position 

I swear, people post just to post and don't make sense.

Fear The Ibis - any possible way i can get your old avy? the one you had prior to your current one? Mine is getting a little outdated

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

AH, I asked around about Aaron Douglas, and the feeling from the ppl in Maryville is he will end up at Arkansas, one of the coaches there is a long time Family friend from his neighborhood and they are really close.

also supposedly AD80 is really small right now too.

you heard anything about either ?
Thanks for the info.  Not hearing good stuff on AD, but that was prior to the Tyron Smith to NFL news.  Gotta think that might change things up a bit.

Coach Al Golden wasnt lying about putting an end to not having a top 30 kid in FLorida "starting tomorrow"He just left Marcus Jackson's house (tryin to steal him back from the VOLS)

and he has a scheduled in Home with Kelvin Benjamin.

Back
Top Bottom