Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

Yeah, that’s kinda weird. You put toys in most little kids’ hands and they’ll play with it. I guess this generation of kids would rather just watch stuff on a screen.

Disney's Wall-E predicted the future.
Wall-E%2Bobese%2Bhumans%2B-%2Bcropped.jpg

I would say the toy market is shrinking. Babies and toddlers still play with physical toys, but the demographic of older kids that do is depreciating.

What age did ya'll stop playing with toys (Not counting gaming consoles of course)? Beyblades were the last thing I was on and once the show was over I was pretty much done. I was at most 14 when I put everything up (still got my ninja turtles collecting dust at my mom crib)

What age did ya'll stop playing with toys (Not counting gaming consoles of course)? Beyblades were the last thing I was on and once the show was over I was pretty much done. I was at most 14 when I put everything up (still got my ninja turtles collecting dust at my mom crib)

11 to 12 all about video games since then

I stopped playing with toys around 13 but kept buying and collecting until 15. I just liked displaying them by then.
Everything else was still going strong. I'm talking video games, basketball cards, comic books. Kept it on the low in high school though, didn't want girls to know :lol:

Funko toys count ? So I guess we still all sorta playing with toys in some ways as adult .. but then again soon we will have them dolls and I’m pretty sure y’all got them fleshlights

My local toys r us closed a few years ago and turned into an ocean state job lot

I broke my arm in 3rd grade and went to toys r us after. Wanted a PlayStation but they were sold out and ended up getting a Dreamcast instead

I stopped playing with Toys when i was 11. The last toys i remember really playing with were Ronin Warriors and my Power Rangers White Ranger sword. After that, i switched to strictly video games.

I’ll always miss the Toys R Us Christmas catalogue. I used to love getting them and circling what i wanted. I’m glad my niece and nephew got to experience that though

I stopped playing with toys around 13 but kept buying and collecting until 15. I just liked displaying them by then.
Everything else was still going strong. I'm talking video games, basketball cards, comic books. Kept it on the low in high school though, didn't want girls to know :lol:

Funko toys count ? So I guess we still all sorta playing with toys in some ways as adult .. but then again soon we will have them dolls and I’m pretty sure y’all got them fleshlights
I'm not counting model kits or collectibles since those are mostly used for displays or decoration and your not actually "playing with them" (I mentioned Gundam Wing earlier, once I built them I did actually play with them, I was just careful :lol:).
I stopped playing with Toys when i was 11. The last toys i remember really playing with were Ronin Warriors and my Power Rangers White Ranger sword. After that, i switched to strictly video games.
I’ll always miss the Toys R Us Christmas catalogue. I used to love getting them and circling what i wanted. I’m glad my niece and nephew got to experience that though
WILDFIRE :pimp:, Ryu and Sage were my guys but I kept losing their armors, took me buying them a third time to pay attention to all their pieces :lol:

That Christmas catalog was everything growing up, I would cut **** out the magazines and stuff it in my moms purse, she would act like she didn't see it but stuff I wanted would show up under my tree :rofl:. When I think about though those catalog's never had coupons in them

What age did ya'll stop playing with toys (Not counting gaming consoles of course)?

I was 10 years old when I stopped; I remember the day too. I grew up completely mesmerized by Toys-R-Us and getting all of my Star Wars, He-Man & G.I. Joes from there brings back so many great memories.

I think it’s inevitable that they announce liquidation this week or the next couple of weeks.

7DE579D2-97BF-4E08-847C-EC27F35750FE.gif

Co-worker of mine brought up a solid point. It may have not been a saving grace, but TRU years ago should have considered adopting a Chuck E. Cheese's vibe by holding parties in a back area. Let the birthday boy/girl grab a gift or two, and discount party-goers if they want to make any purchases that day.

Co-worker of mine brought up a solid point. It may have not been a saving grace, but TRU years ago should have considered adopting a Chuck E. Cheese's vibe by holding parties in a back area. Let the birthday boy/girl grab a gift or two, and discount party-goers if they want to make any purchases that day.

As an ex-TRU employee...HELL NO!! It was bad enough cleaning up after bad *** kids shopping. Letting them throw parties....with food?? They wouldn't have been able to keep employees if they did that.

Back
Top Bottom