Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

:smh: Toys R Us used to be the spot cop all the Pokémon card packs

As an ex-TRU employee...HELL NO!! It was bad enough cleaning up after bad *** kids shopping. Letting them throw parties....with food?? They wouldn't have been able to keep employees if they did that.
they couldn’t keep employees anyways :lol:

You walked through a TRU in the last 5 years? Joint is a ghost town

Toys-R-Us.jpg

X

enhanced-buzz-1332-1348252410-1.jpg

Would have been FUEGO

Last edited:
s couple of nters went to toysrus for ps2 and so did i >D

I take my daughter once or twice a year. She loves it. :lol:
I can see the look in her that I had when I was a kid at that place.

:smh: Toys R Us used to be the spot cop all the Pokémon card packs

they couldn’t keep employees anyways :lol:

You walked through a TRU in the last 5 years? Joint is a ghost town

Toys-R-Us.jpg

X

enhanced-buzz-1332-1348252410-1.jpg

Would have been FUEGO

Tumble Drum (similar to DZ) was in the same strip mall as TRU here

Honest question. Where are people buying or looking at physical goods?

Blockbuster closes. We had a place called Hastings (movie/books/cds). I’d love renting old obscure movies. Netflix and on demand databases are weak. Best Buy cuts cd stock ( not just buying whole cds for 99 cents but browsing). Now people are spending 99 cents per song and upwards of $5 to rent older movies online. Used to have a place called circuit city for electronics. I even hear BB is struggling. Not everyone is buying their stuff online.

TRU used to have a bunch of games and toys that you could never get online. Looking, touching, browsing was so fun as a kid. Now they browse on their iPads?

Crazy how we are getting less diverse as the years go on.

Honest question. Where are people buying or looking at physical goods?

Blockbuster closes. We had a place called Hastings (movie/books/cds). I’d love renting old obscure movies. Netflix and on demand databases are weak. Best Buy cuts cd stock ( not just buying whole cds for 99 cents but browsing). Now people are spending 99 cents per song and upwards of $5 to rent older movies online. Used to have a place called circuit city for electronics. I even hear BB is struggling. Not everyone is buying their stuff online.

TRU used to have a bunch of games and toys that you could never get online. Looking, touching, browsing was so fun as a kid. Now they browse on their iPads?

Crazy how we are getting less diverse as the years go on.

Physical media dying with the exception of Vinyls is depressing. Only thing good bout it is you can find alot of good stuff for cheap af. Theres a couple CD/DVD spots around me but they recently closed one of my favorites in all US locations, CeX :smh:

I found so many cool things there before :frown:

Anyways RIP Toys R Us. They were great when i was younger & they even held me down more recently with the SNES Classic drop :pimp:

Can't imagine all retail/brick and mortar stores dying out. Maybe we'll see more more of them transforming into one stop shop supercenters to compete with WalMart and potentially Amazon.

Not the kids fault, technology ruined the fun of imagination to extent. It's weird to see a 4 year old kid glued to a phone playing a game. Something about it doesn't seem totally right, even if they are learning something.

Is Apple to blame?

lmao, i don't remember when apple sold toys exvsulivey like that children.

It's the internet/e-commerce (amazon, target, etc is what did toy-r-us in i'll assume

Is toys-r-us going to close the times square location if they haven't already ?

Back
Top Bottom