Got a ticket for moving in between subway cars, what can I do

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

But seriously if they dont want us to walk in between cars why are they unlocked?
The doors between the cars are unlocked, providing escape in the event of an emergency. There is no guarantee that in any serious emergency, train personnel will be alive, uninjured or otherwise readily available to assist in evacuation. The doors between the cars are unlocked, so that there is, at the very least, a way for passengers to get from a dangerous or compromised car to a safe one -- and, if necessary, to get to the subway tracks and tunnels should this be required.
Ok smartass If the probability of an emergency is the same for every train, then why are some locked and some unlocked?
On some lines, the doors between the cars are locked, preventing any escape in the event of an emergency. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority claims that these doors are locked to prevent passenger injuries or fatalities as a result of falling between subway cars. Yet such injuries or fatalities are extremely rare.Given this, it is time for the M.T.A. to unlock the doors between all cars on all lines.
and it contradicts the so call mother fn law

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

But seriously if they dont want us to walk in between cars why are they unlocked?
The doors between the cars are unlocked, providing escape in the event of an emergency. There is no guarantee that in any serious emergency, train personnel will be alive, uninjured or otherwise readily available to assist in evacuation. The doors between the cars are unlocked, so that there is, at the very least, a way for passengers to get from a dangerous or compromised car to a safe one -- and, if necessary, to get to the subway tracks and tunnels should this be required.
Ok smartass If the probability of an emergency is the same for every train, then why are some locked and some unlocked?
On some lines, the doors between the cars are locked, preventing any escape in the event of an emergency. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority claims that these doors are locked to prevent passenger injuries or fatalities as a result of falling between subway cars. Yet such injuries or fatalities are extremely rare.Given this, it is time for the M.T.A. to unlock the doors between all cars on all lines.
and it contradicts the so call mother fn law

I got a ticket for sitting on a milk crate
grin.gif

one time, my boy said he was late for class @ nyu. the judge was a nyu graduate. dropped his ticket told him good luck with school. true story.

one time, my boy said he was late for class @ nyu. the judge was a nyu graduate. dropped his ticket told him good luck with school. true story.

You're probably one of those people who run to a certain cart while you have a chance to catch the train right there, and you miss it because, you wanted to get out right next to stairs to catch the giants game.

You're probably one of those people who run to a certain cart while you have a chance to catch the train right there, and you miss it because, you wanted to get out right next to stairs to catch the giants game.

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

not to spoil your chance to take a shot at me but

i dont know who are those people you are talking about, I never heard of such people existed..if i am "those people" then I wouldnt use the doors between carts..

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

not to spoil your chance to take a shot at me but

i dont know who are those people you are talking about, I never heard of such people existed..if i am "those people" then I wouldnt use the doors between carts..

question-
Since it is more than likely I can't win this case and have to pay, can I pay them in pennies?

question-
Since it is more than likely I can't win this case and have to pay, can I pay them in pennies?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

you can get a ticket for occupying more than 1 seat? what if youre just super fat?
absolutely....

my boy was a lil' too hammered and got thrown out of a club around 3am or so a few years back.  He wandered around and he eventually found a station.  Long story short, he passed out while on the train, and fell over (thus occupying more than one seat).  A transit officer woke him up at Van Wyck and gave him a ticket for occupying more than one seat.  The ticket was BS cause there werent more than 5 people on his train car at that time.  He went to court and paid the fine....L

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

you can get a ticket for occupying more than 1 seat? what if youre just super fat?
absolutely....

my boy was a lil' too hammered and got thrown out of a club around 3am or so a few years back.  He wandered around and he eventually found a station.  Long story short, he passed out while on the train, and fell over (thus occupying more than one seat).  A transit officer woke him up at Van Wyck and gave him a ticket for occupying more than one seat.  The ticket was BS cause there werent more than 5 people on his train car at that time.  He went to court and paid the fine....L

[h1]Mystery train rider killed[/h1]
By HEATHER HADDON and KIRSTEN FLEMING

Last Updated: 6:33 AM, September 12, 2010

Posted: 2:44 AM, September 12, 2010
Comments: 0
http://http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php....mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&tt=0http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php....mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&tt=0More Print

An unidentified man crossing from one subway car to another fell to his death early yesterday -- but no one noticed until after the train had roared away, leaving the body on the Upper East Side tracks, sources said.

The man, described only as 30 to 40 years old, was not carrying identification, investigators said. He slipped just after 4 a.m. on an uptown No. 4 train near 96th Street.

A station agent called authorities after making the grisly discovery, cops said. Trains were rerouted for several hours.

Sources said that the train's emergency brake, designed to trip upon encountering something on the track bed, for some reason was not activated.

Last March, Arabell Lin, 25, was crushed to death and run over by numerous trains after falling between the cars of a Coney Island-bound N train in Brooklyn.

The transit union said there has been an unusually high number of people jumping or falling on the city's subway tracks this year, leading to dozens of deaths.

[h1]Mystery train rider killed[/h1]
By HEATHER HADDON and KIRSTEN FLEMING

Last Updated: 6:33 AM, September 12, 2010

Posted: 2:44 AM, September 12, 2010
Comments: 0
http://http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php....mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&tt=0http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php....mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&tt=0More Print

An unidentified man crossing from one subway car to another fell to his death early yesterday -- but no one noticed until after the train had roared away, leaving the body on the Upper East Side tracks, sources said.

The man, described only as 30 to 40 years old, was not carrying identification, investigators said. He slipped just after 4 a.m. on an uptown No. 4 train near 96th Street.

A station agent called authorities after making the grisly discovery, cops said. Trains were rerouted for several hours.

Sources said that the train's emergency brake, designed to trip upon encountering something on the track bed, for some reason was not activated.

Last March, Arabell Lin, 25, was crushed to death and run over by numerous trains after falling between the cars of a Coney Island-bound N train in Brooklyn.

The transit union said there has been an unusually high number of people jumping or falling on the city's subway tracks this year, leading to dozens of deaths.

you will lose...pay the $75 otherwise you'll go to court lose and have to pay $100something with the added bs fees.

you will lose...pay the $75 otherwise you'll go to court lose and have to pay $100something with the added bs fees.

I never knew you could get a ticket for that.. I do it all the time, but in some trains the doors are locked so you cant even get thru

I never knew you could get a ticket for that.. I do it all the time, but in some trains the doors are locked so you cant even get thru

laugh.gif
  i got 1 of these tickets back in 2004, but I live in California so I always felt it was in my best interest to not pay the ticket and spend the money on myself rather then on the state of New York.

this past winter the police stopped me and my boy just for walking down the street at 3am, took both our id's and looked our info up and nothing came up regarding the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom