got hacked on xbl smh...watchout

so i played skyrim earlier...
never look on xbox online the the browser or anything 

got an email saying my email changed and 2 seconds later 6000 points and 4000 points charged to my paypal smh

laugh.gif
hate when youre playing COD and all these little 11 year olds threaten to hack you.

Yeah word of advice to everyone cause this is going on again just get redeem codes for your XBL subscriptions now, in the event that your account does get taken they can't run up the bill. Going to the store/ Amazon once a year for a sub card isn't that bad, and you can do the same for MS points whenever and its much safer. I haven't had a card on my account in months. Fifas another game that people are hacking accounts for idk why though. You can prob call MS and get it back and the points refunded plus complimentary stuff from them if you sound mad enough.
Something else you guys should do is change the email for your XBL accounts every month, it makes it so they can't take it and keep it.

I've gotten my account seriously threatened before because of halo 3 and know a good amount of people who have had their accounts hacked I could ask around for some more tips.

got hacked....... from paypal.... got my money back 2 weeks later back.. i just did it all with my bank.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

how does that happen?

idk i hardly play anymore smh 
been on the phone with back n forth with paypal n xbl for the last 40 mins smh 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

so i played skyrim earlier...
never look on xbox online the the browser or anything 

got an email saying my email changed and 2 seconds later 6000 points and 4000 points charged to my paypal smh
happened to me too just call paypal 

k they said they caught it right away

money should be back in 2-3 days (but it was never taken out of my bank but probably will be tomorrow)

just sucks tho, i never share anything with anyone havent even been playing any multiplayer games lately just skyrim

I used to get threatened to get hacked all the time. 9.999/10 when someone says they're gonna hack you, they're BSin. It takes so much money for software just to be able to find out what your e mail is through your IP address. Getting info through your IP address is isn't easy and they need to be droppin bank on programs. I don't know how your account got "hacked" if you've only been playing Skyrim and no multiplayer.

I used to get threatened about getting hacked all the time on Halo 3 because I had Recon Armor before it came out to the public.. I know a thing or two about how to protect yourself from low lifes like this.

Last time I checked, (I don't know if this is still true), but once you change your e mail on your account, you can't change it again for another month. What I did, is I changed it every single month and secured the hell out of the e mail that I signed up for it with. (Security question was un passable to change my password because I used google translate and copied and pasted a secret phrase that I had translated from English to Arabic or a random crazy symbol language.) I also put an alternate e mail address on there to be able to reset my password through my extra e mail in case I needed to reset it. (That e mail was also secured the same way, just in case)

BTW, they need to know your current password in order to do anything to your account. Knowing your e mail isn't going to do them any good if they don't know the password. That's why I have the security questions encrypted and whatnot so that they can't change my password without knowing my original one. DO NOT tell ANYONE your password. Or even your e mail address for that matter.

If someone threatens to hack you, simply leave the lobby and if they send you a message, block communications with them. DO NOT JOIN THEIR XBL PARTY OR PRIVATE CHAT, OR EVEN SEND THEM A MESSAGE. That's how they get your IP.. and if they dropped the money for the programs, nobody knows.

How you got "hacked" when you hadn't been playing multiplayer is beyond me. I've never heard of that before. Sorry it happened though homie, hopefully XBL can do something about it.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by Dimelo

PS3>>>>>

you guys got taken down for a whole summer though fam

Whole summer? 
laugh.gif

Enjoy paying to play. 
I hope you enjoyed having all of your credit card information that's stored on PSN being widely open to the hackers who got into the network for weeks on end.
roll.gif

And also, we will enjoy playing on our paid servers, it shows in the gameplay because it doesn't take me 15 minutes to find a game. And when I do find a game, I don't lag out or get a connection screen for 5 more minutes before I spawn into a horrible connection on a horrible server.
tongue.gif
Have fun on your free connection with your paper thin controllers and flimsy analog sticks.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Whole summer? 
laugh.gif

Enjoy paying to play. 
I hope you enjoyed having all of your credit card information that's stored on PSN being widely open to the hackers who got into the network for weeks on end.
roll.gif

And also, we will enjoy playing on our paid servers, it shows in the gameplay because it doesn't take me 15 minutes to find a game. And when I do find a game, I don't lag out or get a connection screen for 5 more minutes before I spawn into a horrible connection on a horrible server.
tongue.gif
Have fun on your free connection with your paper thin controllers and flimsy analog sticks.
laugh.gif

At this whole post
laugh.gif

Red Ring of Death >
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Son, that's the worst.. 
laugh.gif

But then these little nerds know how to "flood my IP address" and then I get booted offline for like 20 minutes 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Microsoft needs to step it up and get some better privacy protection going on or something..

By the way, sorry to hear that OP, thanks for the heads up..
dog i work at an ISP and i've gotten hella calls regarding this flooding. haha i just refer them to Microsoft.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Whole summer? 
laugh.gif

Enjoy paying to play. 
roll.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Look what you gotta deal with tho? Threats of being hacked. Annon did that last year and there hasn't been a hiccup since. If I crush someone on 2k the worst they can do is either turn their system off (I get the win for those now
smokin.gif
) or send me some @@#$+$% message. 

Back
Top Bottom