Got jury duty tomorrow. What to expect?

Trial or Grand ? I got picked for grand, its a mandatory 10 days and its the mostboring experience of my life. The reason I bought angry birds.

It's just a regular trial jury. I wouldn't mind getting selected (especially since I get paid) but I'm fixing to go on vacation Thursday and already put $500 on a hotel so I'm not canceling my one vacation this year.

It's just a regular trial jury. I wouldn't mind getting selected (especially since I get paid) but I'm fixing to go on vacation Thursday and already put $500 on a hotel so I'm not canceling my one vacation this year.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If your judge isn't a jerk, he'll let let you off for your vacation.

If you haven't left for jury duty already, make sure you take proof of your vacation with you.  It will make the process of getting out of jury duty much easier.
And like everyone said, take someone to entertain yourself.  It can be a VERY long day.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If your judge isn't a jerk, he'll let let you off for your vacation.

If you haven't left for jury duty already, make sure you take proof of your vacation with you.  It will make the process of getting out of jury duty much easier.
And like everyone said, take someone to entertain yourself.  It can be a VERY long day.

The two times I've been summoned I used the excuse I had class. They've left me alone
laugh.gif

The two times I've been summoned I used the excuse I had class. They've left me alone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I have to go June 23rd. I've never been before, not looking forward to it. Hopefully my case is dismissed or I can get out of having to be chosen.

It depends. You will prolly be there with about 50-70 people who were also called. Then its a random selection thing.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I have to go June 23rd. I've never been before, not looking forward to it. Hopefully my case is dismissed or I can get out of having to be chosen.

It depends. You will prolly be there with about 50-70 people who were also called. Then its a random selection thing.

bring a book or ipod or something. you could end up sitting around for hours just to get told that you can go home

bring a book or ipod or something. you could end up sitting around for hours just to get told that you can go home

i went last month was there from 8am til like 3 or 3:30pm. such a long and boring process.

i went last month was there from 8am til like 3 or 3:30pm. such a long and boring process.

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Got called for jury duty for the first time tomorrow. Anyone ever had to do this? I have no clue what to expect.
Use critical thinking on all questions and they will not keep you! Good luck
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Got called for jury duty for the first time tomorrow. Anyone ever had to do this? I have no clue what to expect.
Use critical thinking on all questions and they will not keep you! Good luck
wink.gif

In here now. Been here since 7:45. Siced that I got an outlet. There were like 30 people in here before me and nobody got the outlet? Pleasant surprise. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

In here now. Been here since 7:45. Siced that I got an outlet. There were like 30 people in here before me and nobody got the outlet? Pleasant surprise. 
pimp.gif

Look at you DC, gravediggin' and all. You go on with your bad self plehboi!

I really don't see the need in creating a new thread on this topic.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

Look at you DC, gravediggin' and all. You go on with your bad self plehboi!

I really don't see the need in creating a new thread on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom