GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

@Frank, thanks for the tip. I was about to get promoted at my current job (was told by my boss and controller) after 1.5 years but just recently took a more senior role with another company. The substantial increase in compensation (40%) was irresistible so hopefully job-hopping isn't a ding to adcoms. I'm not sure how to craft my application, when the time comes, with my cost accounting experience so I'm wondering if I should switch into a finance role or apply to some consulting roles after a year in this next position. But the fact that cost accounting is now a rare breed with manufacturing moving overseas has me thinking that staying in it and parlaying it into operations management might not be too bad. Anyhow, thanks again...I will be back in this thread when it comes closer to applying in a couple years.

Hey has anyone had any experience with a masters in healthcare administration?? Currently looking into programs and just wanted to know what are the general undergrad requirements?

Just a quick question, Im applying to Law School for the September semester (taking LSAT's in June), does anyone have information on how to get scholarships. I know they are ut there just need to be guided in the right direction.

Just a quick question, Im applying to Law School for the September semester (taking LSAT's in June), does anyone have information on how to get scholarships. I know they are ut there just need to be guided in the right direction.

got accepted to a DPT program and will be starting in August. cant wait!

Congrats, your life is officially the property of your institution. :lol:

I'm currently doing my last internship now, and graduate in August. Looooooong process, but if you make it out of your first semester, you will be fine.

Current Status: Full time student, Part time job (teacher assistant)

Current student at CSULA. Will be receiving my teaching credentials (elementary teacher) and B.A in Urban Learning by Fall 2015. Debt free.

The problem is I will turn 23 next year and I'm thinking no one will take me seriously for a teaching position at this age!!! 

Also, I feel like i will be actually entering the "real world" at this point. Im a bit nervous in all honesty. 

Will apply for grad school within a year or two....

[COLOR=#red]To add to the entrance exam discussion...I've actually taken three of them. Taken the LSAT twice, the GMAT, and the GRE. By far the LSAT was the most difficult, then the GMAT, then the GRE. Neither of these tests are unconquerable with proper preparation. 3-4 months of disciplined/structured study and you'll ace them...just thatba lot of times people don't put the work in to do well on them.

How important are they? Good question... Can I get accepted into good programs without high scores? Again another good question. To answer the first question they are important but not for thw reasons you might think...they don't necessarily predict your future success in the schools you are applying to and the careers you look forward to. They just show how well you take non-specific non-subject matter standardized exams (the MCAT is the exception because it's more subject matter related). I'd argue that GPA is a better indicator because it in a way shows how much you put into your studies over a long period of time.

So can you get accepted into a good program without an outstanding score? Absolutely you can and it depends on other factors like GPA, how compelling of a personal statement you write, accomplishments in your field of study and extracurriculars. My GRE was s***y yet still Columbia University an Ivy League school recruited me for one of their grad programs. I emailed the faculty and let them know straight up my GRE sucked..but but they said my overall profile is what they were interested in and not to worry about my GRE. Heck I even had one school (ECU) say that they would waive the GRE if they needed to do so. I got a deferred decision for U of Michigan School of Law in 2008 with a super low 142 LSAT
score and waitlisted at Washington and Lee law school which at the time was top 25.

What does all that mean? It means never count yourself out...don't eliminate yourself, let them eliminate you...meaning if there's a school or program you are interested in then go for it but don't "not" apply because you don't think you have a shot. Also strengthen other parts of your application if you know your scores aren't as competitive as they need to be, or if all else fails take your time and study then take the test again...doing better the next time and reapplying shows dedication, perseverance, and the ability to improve which schools LOVE.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Firered...my dude I promise ibwas on my way to Michigan to finish my Grad degree...been talking to faculty about my research focus and even signed up for a summer field session...but A&M came through for me by offering to pay for summer school and pay me $5k for 5 1/2 weeks in the field this summer as a TA and I couldn't refuse the opportunity. I started the process at Michigan because I didn't think A&M would readmit me after leaving their grad program but they did surprisingly. Would have been awesome to link up with you Nupe.

All I can say is don't ever burn your bridges unless you absolutely have to when leaving school, a job, or whatever. Because you never know if you may need something in the future or some reconsideration.

Aggie 4 Life[/COLOR]

Goin into finance this summer, anything I should know that could help me out eventually

Last edited:
Masters Degree here. Class of 2013 University of Central Florida

Bachelors Degree Class of 2011 Bethune Cookman University

Last edited:
just registered for my last class...

:pimp: :pimp: i remember when i made this thread 2 years ago and was registering for my first classes...

also... a recruiter hit me up on linkedin... apparently, they do placement for boutique IBs...

hmmmmm.... i'm hoping something can parlay from this...

now... i been thinking about going back in a few years to get my MBA... i'll have 5 years of post graduate experience...

i've been eyeing University of Cape Town in South Africa...

anyone here ever went to school internationally ? i'm talking about americans that went out the country ... and not for an exchange program...

I have an admit to a Top-20 (borderline Top-15) MBA program now...but still have waiting list spots at two different schools I'd probably rather go to. Just crossing my fingers now hoping one of the waiting lists will work out...

Last edited:
I have an admit to a Top-20 (borderline Top-15) MBA program now...but still have waiting list spots at two different schools I'd probably rather go to. Just crossing my fingers now hoping one of the waiting lists will work out...

Good luck man. Keep us posted.

are the waiting list schools higher ranked?

What about the return on investments?

are the waiting list schools higher ranked?

What about the return on investments?

Both the schools I'm waiting for are higher ranked- one is in the Top 15 (some will say Top 10) while the other one is a Top 10 (some will say Top 5).

The ROI will probably be about the same for all three schools, although the higher ranked schools will probably provide a slightly better selection of job interviews b/c of their better reputation (so more options, for example, if you want to do something crazy competitive like private equity). It's really not going to make a dramatic difference but given you only get to do grad school once, it's important to go for the best that you can, I feel.

Last edited:
GL Acid.

As for me, I'm wait-listed at 2 top 20 B-school programs. The feeling of not having a definitive answer and being in limbo is really stressful.

At this point, I think I'll just hope for the best and expect the worst and work on my applications for next year. Hopefully, I'll have more success next year! :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom