GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Submitted my application for my MS in IS recently. Hopefully all goes well and I get in. Decided to apply to the same school I got my BA in, which was CUNY Baruch. A lot of options to move up in my current job with an advanced degree and certifications.

Im taking my GRE after I submitted my application, is this a problem? Test date is scheduled for December 4th.

Submitted my application for my MS in IS recently. Hopefully all goes well and I get in. Decided to apply to the same school I got my BA in, which was CUNY Baruch. A lot of options to move up in my current job with an advanced degree and certifications.

Im taking my GRE after I submitted my application, is this a problem? Test date is scheduled for December 4th.

Best of luck fam!!! As for GRE, it depends on the school and you should definitely contact the admissions office. When I applied they said they would put my application on hold until I submitted my GMAT score. From my experience grad school admissions is a more personal process than undergrad due to the number of admissions, and they appreciate when you contact them for questions about the application process (if you can't already find the info on the website)

Anyone ever used Udacity? Currently studying for my gre for grad school but the nano degree for data analyst seems interesting.

Best of luck fam!!! As for GRE, it depends on the school and you should definitely contact the admissions office. When I applied they said they would put my application on hold until I submitted my GMAT score. From my experience grad school admissions is a more personal process than undergrad due to the number of admissions, and they appreciate when you contact them for questions about the application process (if you can't already find the info on the website)

Thanks man. I took your advice and contacted them. They told me submit the application even those I don't have my scores yet. They'll evaluate everything else and just wait on my test scores. So Im looking to get a decision by January for the spring semester.

Last edited:
Can you guys inform on good GMAT prep?

- What books/videos/Magoosh/Official GMAT etc
- Proper length of study time (hours/days/months)
- Key things (tips/tricks etc)

Can you guys inform on good GMAT prep?

- What books/videos/Magoosh/Official GMAT etc
- Proper length of study time (hours/days/months)
- Key things (tips/tricks etc)
  • I had success with Manhattan GMAT and the Official GMAT material.
  • I'd recommend 3 months of study min. I believe there is a total hours committed number floating around on the internet.
  • Memorize all the math tricks, formulas, fractions, etc. Get used to narrowing down answers to 2 choices, picking one, and moving on.
Best of luck.

Anyone transition into consulting after MBA?

Looking to transition from finance into Consulting after I am done. still a year and a half to go.

Im currently going for my MBA concentration in Strategy.

Management Consulting. I know its all about connections blah blah blah, but would like to hear from someone who is in the field. I know someone whos in it, and he tells me the interview was brutal.....

Im currently going for my MBA concentration in Strategy.

Management Consulting. I know its all about connections blah blah blah, but would like to hear from someone who is in the field. I know someone whos in it, and he tells me the interview was brutal.....

The interviews are tough but if you prep well you'll get looks.

Stating the obvious, you'll want to start casing early and often. Practice casing with your classmates so you get different perspectives.

You'll also want to get your behavioral questions down cold. Have 1-3 stories for typical scenarios. Also ensure that you can explain your answers at a deep level in case the interviewer continues to probe your answer.

And like you said, you'll want to network with alums in the field so you can get their perspective and get a potential vouch from them.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Now that it’s 2018, I can say I graduate next year.

Anyone do a ‘study abroad’ program for their MBA? Ours is called Global Business Perspectives and we travel to another country for 7 days (in between the quarter) to study their companies & economy. It’s a 4 unit class, and we gotta pay a fee on top of that.

Just wondering if anyone experienced something similar and if it was worth it. I’m most likely going to do it since it’s a once in a life time thing and I never got to do it in undergrad.

Now that it’s 2018, I can say I graduate next year.

Anyone do a ‘study abroad’ program for their MBA? Ours is called Global Business Perspectives and we travel to another country for 7 days (in between the quarter) to study their companies & economy. It’s a 4 unit class, and we gotta pay a fee on top of that.

Just wondering if anyone experienced something similar and if it was worth it. I’m most likely going to do it since it’s a once in a life time thing and I never got to do it in undergrad.

My school has something similar but we call it an international trek. I didn't do it because it's hella expensive. We also got a study abroad program where we actually go to study in a country for that quarter. Imma prob do that instead.

I'm about to get back on my study and school grind. I need to be in a Masters program in 2018.

Going to have to sit down a reverse engineer this

Still grinding two nights a week myself. Wife is definitely clutch watching the three little ones but it always sucks on days they don't see me at all. I kiss them a good morning in the AM and don't get home until they're all asleep.

I can't imagine working a job where you're away from your family days/weeks at a time.

20180221_200056.jpg

The bound copy of my PhD thesis arrived today. Keep pushing, NT fam.

i actually got my BBA from cuny baruch. thinking about getting the MBA there as well since its one of the best programs in the city. Any study habits you recommend ?

• I had success with Manhattan GMAT and the Official GMAT material.
  • I'd recommend 3 months of study min. I believe there is a total hours committed number floating around on the internet.
  • Memorize all the math tricks, formulas, fractions, etc. Get used to narrowing down answers to 2 choices, picking one, and moving on.
Best of luck.
did you use the paid stuff from Manhattan GMAT website or the free stuff ?
By the Official GMAT material u mean that package of the 3 books and ebooks on official GMAT website ?

Back
Top Bottom