GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Looking at GMAT questions and JESUS christ, I dont know any of this crap, prob because I`m just randomly looking.
Do these Study guides go over the fundamentals or just example test questions?
What are must have things to have to prep? Best Study guide?
I'm not too familiar with the GMAT but I am with the GRE. I'm assuming these two test share a great deal of similarities. 

For the math questions, practice a ton of questions of various topics such as algebra, geometry, probability, etc. Practice at least a few hundred questions and understand the process of finding the solution rather than the solution itself.

Unfortunately the verbal section isn't as straight forward. The ability to read and analyze dense text takes a long time to foster. I would suggest reading a lot of difficult books, journals, etc to develop this skill. Pick up some old philosophy and classics text and try to understand them A-Z. Along the way you will pick up a ton of vocab but you should definitely use a vocab list in addition. For the writing section, look for those open ended questions from old GRE exams and practice answering them.

I'm not too familiar with the GMAT but I am with the GRE. I'm assuming these two test share a great deal of similarities. 

For the math questions, practice a ton of questions of various topics such as algebra, geometry, probability, etc. Practice at least a few hundred questions and understand the process of finding the solution rather than the solution itself.

Unfortunately the verbal section isn't as straight forward. The ability to read and analyze dense text takes a long time to foster. I would suggest reading a lot of difficult books, journals, etc to develop this skill. Pick up some old philosophy and classics text and try to understand them A-Z. Along the way you will pick up a ton of vocab but you should definitely use a vocab list in addition. For the writing section, look for those open ended questions from old GRE exams and practice answering them.

I'm not worried about the verbal due to the nature of my work and overall I'm pretty good with that stuff, that math looked real though because I haven't done any in years. Souls I be good just getting one practice guide? I want to start my MBA next fall.

I'm not worried about the verbal due to the nature of my work and overall I'm pretty good with that stuff, that math looked real though because I haven't done any in years. Souls I be good just getting one practice guide? I want to start my MBA next fall.
I would say before all of this, practice a ton of basic H.S. worded algebra problems like on the SAT since you haven't done math in a while. Then get around 3 books/tests. Go through the first one slowly and actually take out a great deal of time and evaluate your mistakes. On the second practice, try to work through it quickly and you should know where you still have difficulties. On the last go, time yourself and the score you get should be close to the real thing. The whole process should take a month or so, if you put in the effort and work.

Last edited:
Looking at GMAT questions and JESUS christ, I dont know any of this crap, prob because I`m just randomly looking.
Do these Study guides go over the fundamentals or just example test questions?
What are must have things to have to prep? Best Study guide?
shortcuts...

inbox me and i'll shoot you my guides... the shortcuts, if you get them down... will literally make everything so easy...

i rushed and took mine... but if i had... 4 months to study? w/ all the shortcuts?

AND TOOK IT SERIOUS? i guarantee i'da pulled out a 700... cuz the backways and hints and things to look for make it sooooo easy...

So far 2 A's expecting a third...

One class the professor is insane. She took off points from everyone on an assignment where you only pick your topic for the final paper. :lol:
Class participation was 40% of the grade, you never got a 100, even if you participated the most. Hour long discussion, 20 students, so it's tough to consistently talk without preventing others from talking. Not to mention she had participation grade out of 95 for three months, then changed it to out of 100 a few days ago. Telling me it was a "Blackboard Error" everyone dropped a point or two on class participation because of finally realizing something after 12 weeks.

Probably will end up 1 point from an A in the fourth class :smh:

Last edited:
i graduated this past year and have been thinking about going to graduate school soon or later. i look at graduate school as a fresh start since i partied way too much during undergrad and not knowing how to have better time management skills. i was just wondering how many of you guys are doing graduate school while working either part-time or full-time? do most student balance graduate school with work or is it one or the other? how is the course load compared to undergraduate? do you guys immediately feel that graduate school is benefiting you guys? i always hear people getting high G.P.A or higher G.P.A. in graduate school compared to their undergraduate G.P.A, why is that? im just guessing everybody who's at graduate school is zoned in but is there not grading curve? is majority of the students getting high G.P.A.? i been thinking about getting my MS in Finance but what's the difference between just getting a certification in the related field (ex. CFA) compared to getting the Master in the field (MS in Finance)?

I'm starting my Master's in Physical Education this Spring. Doing it because I'm required to get a Master's in something to keep my teaching license, don't really want to go back though. No loans or grants for me, paying out of pocket all the way. I have a great reputation in the department from my undergrad years, so it should be okay. It's gonna suck getting out at 9 PM, taking the train home for an hour then going right to bed. At least when I'm done I'll get a guaranteed pay increase

Graduating this Friday with my Master of Science in Occupational Therapy.

Going down to Charlotte afterwards to celebrate and get F*****D up!!!
I revently graduated with a Masters in OT as well. GOOD LUCK

damn thats dope you guys. I'm an slp grad student and all the pt's, ot's and slp's gather in the same building and we often have graduate nights out where we just stick to our health service group/peers.

Currently finishing up my second semester of my MBA program. Good luck to anyone else who still has finals. 

This thread is really inspiring to me guys. I'm glad it exists :smile:

I'm planning on attending grad school for business, but I'm not sure where I want to go. I want to go somewhere....special. Not just for the school itself, but the location, different demographics and such. So far I've been pondering over NYU Stern or Columbia, or UofM or Stanford or Tuck. I can petty much get into any of them, which makes the decisions that much more difficult. I have a friend that recently became a full professor at Stanford, at 28 smh, beast. Of course she has been trying to recruit me for their Business program. It's a tough decision.

Whatever I choose, wherever I go, I need it to mean something. I want to be great in this life. I want to leave a mark. Leave it in a better shape than when I arrived. If I can't change the world, then I want to change the way people look at it. The way people think. Business is what I know. I breathe commerce. I understand economics at the very root. It has always come natural to me, so this MBA can only help to propel me further. I'll probably get the Ph.D as well. I've been thinking of dissertation topics for the last 3 years lol. I can write my entire life out in a day. I see that far ahead and it's that clear to me. My heart pumps NZT lol. I already know exactly what I want and need to do, it's just the minute details, such as where to study that I get held up on.

What do you guys think? And any other suggestions for school as well. I double majored in undergrad finishing with a B.S. in Finance & B.A. in Management.

Graduating this Friday with my Master of Science in Occupational Therapy.

Going down to Charlotte afterwards to celebrate and get F*****D up!!!
I revently graduated with a Masters in OT as well. GOOD LUCK
damn thats dope you guys. I'm an slp grad student and all the pt's, ot's and slp's gather in the same building and we often have graduate nights out where we just stick to our health service group/peers.
hows the job market out there for OT's? how long did it take you to get your masters? do you have to get a doctorate eventually or is a masters enough? im planning to attend PT school in 2014
nerd.gif

i graduated this past year and have been thinking about going to graduate school soon or later. i look at graduate school as a fresh start since i partied way too much during undergrad and not knowing how to have better time management skills. i was just wondering how many of you guys are doing graduate school while working either part-time or full-time? do most student balance graduate school with work or is it one or the other? how is the course load compared to undergraduate? do you guys immediately feel that graduate school is benefiting you guys? i always hear people getting high G.P.A or higher G.P.A. in graduate school compared to their undergraduate G.P.A, why is that? im just guessing everybody who's at graduate school is zoned in but is there not grading curve? is majority of the students getting high G.P.A.? i been thinking about getting my MS in Finance but what's the difference between just getting a certification in the related field (ex. CFA) compared to getting the Master in the field (MS in Finance)?
ok... let me offer some prosepective

about the ms, mba, and CFA...

MBA in Fin: what many JOBS look for. i think its b/c most guys go from the BS to the MBA, w/ the MBA having more to do with real world, and the BS having to do more with the technical side.

MS in Fin: more TECHNICAL side. i'm going after this b/c i have an undergrad BBA in Marketing, and plan on getting my MBA in another field. i still apply for jobs that as for MBAs... i'm going to go speak w/ my career center and ask if i need to change to mba for better job chances. the only difference is 4 less finance classes, replaced w/ a Management, Accounting, Behavioral Science, and i think Marketing class.

CFA: hardest to get of all 3.. it has some things to it, like you have to have a certain amount of experience in the Fin industry before you can truly have it. if you pass the first one (which is like a 30 percent passing rate) a GANG of jobs will be lining up to sponsor you, and will hire you. certifications like CFAs are the hardest to come by.

you HAVE to have a dope gpa to graduate. C's are no longer ok... in my program, you're allowed 2 Cs... after that, its academic probation, and you could get booted.

right now, i work about 35 hours a week, and took two classes. it was relatively easy b/c i've never been JUST a college student. i played basketball, so this was refreshing being able to come home and chill... :lol:

my schedule last semester: Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun: 11-8... class on Mon and tues from 6-9. on wednesdays, i chill.

next semester, my schedule is as follows: Sun, Mon, Fri, and Sat: 12 to 8, class Tue, Wed, and Thur 6-9... i live 40 min away from school, but i met a yamb in the city where my school is (Denton) so i'm good money to spend the night out there if i'm too tired to head home.

i'm PRAYING to get an internship... if i can get a solid internship, i'll be money... its tough to get one though, cuz my undergrad GPA is trash... if i get a wack one, i aint even trippin....

35K w/ a wack internship, combined w/ 40K working part time at ATT and life would be GOOOOD....

i have 3 homeys that work full time, 40 hour, 8-5s...

homey 1: financial analyst at Fidelity (60k) - crazy smart... got an A and 2 Bs... he struggles with conceptual things, but a genius w/ numbers. his management class was really tough and took up a ton of time b/c you couldnt just plug in a formula, and get the answer. you had to actually think. he had a TON of assignments... i think he would have gotten all As if he didnt have to drive so long to school (lived 40 min away too)

homey 2: finacial advisor at wells fargo: (65k) studies really hard... lived in the college town. had a really laid gig on the weekend that forced him to study cuz he worked in an apartment office. pulled off 2 As... he said he's thinking about going full time, but dont want to OD b/c he knows a full time load is a lot, but thinks he can do it b/c he works and lives within 3 miles of the school.

homey 3: call center at America airlines (45k) - she pulled off two As... But lived at home, so didnt have the pressures of bills and whatnot. i think this contributed to her having good grades, even though she worked really hard. she also stayed by the school, so it was a ten min drive home after class.

One class the professor is insane. She took off points from everyone on an assignment where you only pick your topic for the final paper. :lol:
Class participation was 40% of the grade, you never got a 100, even if you participated the most. Hour long discussion, 20 students, so it's tough to consistently talk without preventing others from talking. Not to mention she had participation grade out of 95 for three months, then changed it to out of 100 a few days ago. Telling me it was a "Blackboard Error" everyone dropped a point or two on class participation because of finally realizing something after 12 weeks.
hate those kind of teachers...

its like "come on, b... we get it... your class is tough... why you gotta be so lame about it?"

I'm planning on attending grad school for business, but I'm not sure where I want to go. I want to go somewhere....special. Not just for the school itself, but the location, different demographics and such. So far I've been pondering over NYU Stern or Columbia, or UofM or Stanford or Tuck. I can petty much get into any of them, which makes the decisions that much more difficult. I have a friend that recently became a full professor at Stanford, at 28 smh, beast. Of course she has been trying to recruit me for their Business program. It's a tough decision.

Whatever I choose, wherever I go, I need it to mean something. I want to be great in this life. I want to leave a mark. Leave it in a better shape than when I arrived. If I can't change the world, then I want to change the way people look at it. The way people think. Business is what I know. I breathe commerce. I understand economics at the very root. It has always come natural to me, so this MBA can only help to propel me further. I'll probably get the Ph.D as well. I've been thinking of dissertation topics for the last 3 years lol. I can write my entire life out in a day. I see that far ahead and it's that clear to me. My heart pumps NZT lol. I already know exactly what I want and need to do, it's just the minute details, such as where to study that I get held up on.

What do you guys think? And any other suggestions for school as well. I double majored in undergrad finishing with a B.S. in Finance & B.A. in Management.

A friend of mine attended Stern for his undergrad. He enjoyed the experience. Working at the Search Engine now.

dope thread.

currently in my second undergrad at university of toronto, got a pretty good GPA (humble brag lol) . I was thinking about trying the LSAT this summer, wanted to know if anyone here has written it or is going onto their BAR, any advice would be solid

Just finished up my 1st class in my MBA program. The first class was Business Ethics and it was pretty interesting. We have 5 Business Ethics papers (just 2-3 pages for the first 5 weeks), a group case study on a company, an individual case study on a company, a 5 page paper on a book we had to read called "That Use to Be Us" and another 5-8 page paper that was due for our orientation.

Being a little over a year out of school, things were kind of challenging at first, but I was able to adjust. I'm expecting an A in the course and my next class is Economics that starts on the 10th of January.

A friend of mine attended Stern for his undergrad. He enjoyed the experience. Working at the Search Engine now.

thanks for the response pal. I'll take that into consideration. Stern and the other NYU graduate facilities in the city all sound interesting.

I'm really on the fence. On one hand I want a top notch curriculum. On the other, I want a full experience. This Masters degree is more for my personal development than anything else, since I'm already pretty successful in my professional life. No, this is more of a personal challenge I've set on myself, which could potentially carry over into me getting my doctorate. So because this is really just for me, I'm more free to fine tune and customize my experience as I see fit.

Just finished up my 1st class in my MBA program. The first class was Business Ethics and it was pretty interesting. We have 5 Business Ethics papers (just 2-3 pages for the first 5 weeks), a group case study on a company, an individual case study on a company, a 5 page paper on a book we had to read called "That Use to Be Us" and another 5-8 page paper that was due for our orientation.

Being a little over a year out of school, things were kind of challenging at first, but I was able to adjust. I'm expecting an A in the course and my next class is Economics that starts on the 10th of January.

Great job dude! Keep it up!

damn you just scared me man. sounds like a lot of writing...:smh:

Half way through my second year of my PharmD program. I def need to start working in my field and exercise my intern license 

Great job dude! Keep it up!

Thanks man!

jthagreat, its not that bad. It really depends on the class you take. My economics class will be more like a traditional course (tests, homework, maybe some quizzes and one project). The papers seemed like they would be a pain in the *** when I first read the syllabus, but its not too bad once you start.

heading towards the physical therapy field.

going to graduate next year with a B.A and taking my first pre-req this winter for the program.

anyone here that can provide any experience/advice in that field, or in occupational therapy, would be greatly appreciated!

hate those kind of teachers...

its like "come on, b... we get it... your class is tough... why you gotta be so lame about it?"

Just got my grade on this class... 1.4 points away from an A...

>:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom