GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Great job dude! Keep it up!

Thanks man!

jthagreat, its not that bad. It really depends on the class you take. My economics class will be more like a traditional course (tests, homework, maybe some quizzes and one project). The papers seemed like they would be a pain in the *** when I first read the syllabus, but its not too bad once you start.

hope youre right. Hoping this 1st class isnt too demanding. wanting to ease back in to school...

hows the job market out there for OT's? how long did it take you to get your masters? do you have to get a doctorate eventually or is a masters enough? im planning to attend PT school in 2014 :nerd:

The job market is great man. With OT, you're pretty much just picking where you want to work and what fits you the best. My program was 2 1/2 years. A masters degree is enough. You really only need a doctorate if you want to teach or do possible research.

pulled down a 3.6 gpa my first quarter. got a b that if i got an a i would have had a 4.0 gpa.

but hey, that's the highest gpa i've ever had. starting off scrong.

hows the job market out there for OT's? how long did it take you to get your masters? do you have to get a doctorate eventually or is a masters enough? im planning to attend PT school in 2014
nerd.gif
The job market is great man. With OT, you're pretty much just picking where you want to work and what fits you the best. My program was 2 1/2 years. A masters degree is enough. You really only need a doctorate if you want to teach or do possible research.
where you located? i dont hear much about OT in NYC

diewitsjames, I am heading towards the PT field also. And also in 2014.

By then I will have graduated with a B.A. (Fall '13) and plan to have taken 2-3 pre-reqs for the program.

What is your current status?

diewitsjames, I am heading towards the PT field also. And also in 2014.

By then I will have graduated with a B.A. (Fall '13) and plan to have taken 2-3 pre-reqs for the program.

What is your current status?
I will be through with Nursing School in June. I feel so stupid though because I have a degree in History/Education. We need to school our children on Junior Colleges and certificate programs. I know people who went to OT, PT, RN school strictly off pell grants, which means no student loan debt, and are now under 30 making more than people with PH.D's.

Nt fiddih dih dih dih dammmbbbbb...

got that 4.0 this semester, kinfoe...

i looked up some investment banking opportunities... i hear those analysts are at the bottom of the pole... but junior associates (w/ mba's in finance) come in rakin 100K easy ...

anyone want to put me on game?

Nt fiddih dih dih dih dammmbbbbb...
got that 4.0 this semester, kinfoe...

i looked up some investment banking opportunities... i hear those analysts are at the bottom of the pole... but junior associates (w/ mba's in finance) come in rakin 100K easy ...
anyone want to put me on game?
put me on when they put you on.

I'm starting my MBA program in January. Can't wait as I've been doing something that I don't like since graduation but it was decently paid and allowed me to get into an MBA program because it was so out of the ordinary.

I'm starting my MBA program in January. Can't wait as I've been doing something that I don't like since graduation but it was decently paid and allowed me to get into an MBA program because it was so out of the ordinary.
Enjoy the program, my friend. I just finished my MBA program and I enjoyed it much more than my first master's program. It will be a great tool to add to your toolbox for sure. Several highly ranked managers at my organization cannot move up to become directors because they lack this degree.

I'm in NC right now, but I'm moving to Tampa on Sunday. A lot of people aren't aware of OT services unless they actually receive OT at one point or another. If it wasn't for this allied health class I took in high school, I wouldn't have known about it either.

I'm in NC right now, but I'm moving to Tampa on Sunday. A lot of people aren't aware of OT services unless they actually receive OT at one point or another. If it wasn't for this allied health class I took in high school, I wouldn't have known about it either.
Man I met a girl in college 13 years ago, who was a nurse, she told me then to get in the health field. Now at 32 I'm 6 months away from the best decision of my life, but only after we reconnected and she made me apply. LOL. And I'm considering PT school when I'm through with this.

Yeah.. I've been wanting to.. Between work and having just got married.. There ain't rly any time... But I guess I just gotta make it happen.

Man I met a girl in college 13 years ago, who was a nurse, she told me then to get in the health field. Now at 32 I'm 6 months away from the best decision of my life, but only after we reconnected and she made me apply. LOL. And I'm considering PT school when I'm through with this.

Good stuff, man. The health field is definitely a good field, especially if you are a "people's person". It's very rewarding when you see the positive impact you make on individuals during difficult times in their lives. Job security and good pay is a plus, as well.....lol.

yeah thats what i was thinking also. i dont really hear much about doctors referring their patients to OT

What schools are you guys attending for your mba? Any recommendations / personal reviews you guys can share would be great! :smile:

I have said it throughout this thread. Take the GRE, I think Berkeley and Booth are the only top 10 schools that do not accept it for the MBA (and their evening/weekend programs do).

I have said this a bunch as well, my brother and I are both going to Yale and just finished up our 1st session of school.

I have an interview tomorrow morning with JPMorgan for a diversity fellowship (extra stacks for being a minority) and have 7 Bulge IB interviews the first week of January and an interview with Bain on the 14th.

Other than Stanford, there is not a program I would rather be at.

I'm in nursing school right now, but after 5 years of working as an RN, I'll be going back to school (when I'm in my low 30's) to get my MSN/MBA in healthcare administration (dual degree). I eventually want to become a director or CNO.

Question: You think it's possible to go to grad school full time and work part time?

aight... so i'm trying to get my foot in the financial door...

and its seeming like its locked at every turn...

i was thinking about applying for an assistant bank manager job, like at comerica, wells fargo, or bank of america...

i got a gang of retail + management experience...

i want to get out of retail, but its seeming like that's the only way i can get in... :smh: :smh:

Have my BA for a little over a year and haven't gotten serious about grad school but I definitely need to go back as far as career mobility. Thinking about going for MPA or Law School.. anyone here get their MPA?

Back
Top Bottom