GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Welp that ended quickly, recruiter said 80-100% travel and I said thanks but no thanks.

I mean, what did you expect lol?

My GFs best friend is on Partner track at Deloitte - goes to Switzerland every other wk. Two people at Bain are gone every week, one to Colorado and other to Brazil lol.

I understood the travel, but was looking forward to more international. I read between the lines and understood that atleast for the beginning it would be domestic. No thanks. Corporate life with balance > The extra 30k.....at this point in my life.

Taking the GRE tomorrow to enroll in a doctoral program. Any tips? Looked over the stuff and it doesn’t look like something you can even study for. Open ended questions they’re looking to see if you can think through or not and explain your stance clearly
Time management is key, if you can’t answer a question in a minute and a half skip it and go back...the first section of each module is the most important because it sets you up for how high you can actually score

Time management is key, if you can’t answer a question in a minute and a half skip it and go back...the first section of each module is the most important because it sets you up for how high you can actually score
Thanks man. On my way to take it now

Just got done. What a completely horrible test lol. Everything ever learned about the test creation process throw out the window with it. Almost all questions are made to confuse. Writing portion was easy

Just got done. What a completely horrible test lol. Everything ever learned about the test creation process throw out the window with it. Almost all questions are made to confuse. Writing portion was easy
I know the feeling bro, hopefully you scored high enough for whatever program you’re applying to

I know the feeling bro, hopefully you scored high enough for whatever program you’re applying to
I got higher 158-162 so I should be fine. I was told from the start that the scores didn’t even matter becuase it this point applicants just don’t role through like they used to. Just a really ****y test lol.

Oh and math section was ALL guess lol. Those questions were made for guessing

I got higher 158-162 so I should be fine. I was told from the start that the scores didn’t even matter becuase it this point applicants just don’t role through like they used to. Just a really ****y test lol.

damn aint that a pretty good score lol

damn aint that a pretty good score lol
It’ll get what I need but a TON of guessing was taking place. Haven’t got the writing scores yet either. I could not imagine that test being a true test of anything. 209 bucks a pop too? Wow

Average scores are around 154-156 range

EDIT, 152 for math NOT 162

Last edited:
Dudes who are in or have finished a PhD, how did you deal with work? My biggest draw back is working while giving classes 100%. A masters was basically an easier version of undergrad becuase the professors knew they were deal with adults. Same?
If you're getting a PhD, that is work. At least in business, you're an employee of the business school and paid a (small) salary so you can't do a part-time PhD. Classes are only a small part of your job as developing your research agenda is the purpose for getting a (business) PhD, though I'm fairly confident my friends in bio/chem/CS would say the same thing.

If you're getting a PhD, that is work. At least in business, you're an employee of the business school and paid a (small) salary so you can't do a part-time PhD. Classes are only a small part of your job as developing your research agenda is the purpose for getting a (business) PhD, though I'm fairly confident my friends in bio/chem/CS would say the same thing.
Thanks man

Took my grad pics/professional head shot the other day

88137101-90A1-4BF9-BE2F-5F4CFB4BBD28.jpeg

I've travelled internationally 3 times this year. All have involved a 10+ hour flight. That travel on work money fantasy gets old so quick. My energy is wrecked from all the travel

So I’ve been accepted to get my Masters in public health from Tulane, University of Reno, Florida international. Tulane is my top school and most prestigious however I would leave with over 100 K in debt which is killing me. Reno is the cheapest but doesn’t offer what I’m interested in. And then there is Florida. I’m trying to figure out how important it is where you go get you masters when it comes to getting jobs ( really want to work for the CDC), or perhaps if I ever go for that doctorate.

Back
Top Bottom