Graduating with a minor

Think about taking up a minor and wanted to ask my NT famb to chime in
Would it be worth the extra year in college to do it ?

I'm also thinking about this. How important would it be to have a minor when trying to enter the workforce?

Originally Posted by Thakid904

Think about taking up a minor and wanted to ask my NT famb to chime in
Would it be worth the extra year in college to do it ?

only if it is to propel you to something better. If it isn't and it will cost you money, don't..  If it is free or will cost you next to nothing the experience may be worth it.

I added an extra year to get a minor in History, and a minor in Political Science. But it was so I can pursue a Master's Degree in Secondary Education in Social Studies.

I was kind of glad they required a minor degree where I went to school. It was informal, so you just had to take enough credits to qualify for a minor, rather than commit to a program.

majored in business marketing... minored in biology...

i went this route just in case i wanted to get an MBA in healthcare, which is biiiig business and will never go away.

i suggest you get a minor in something that isnt directly related to our field so you can learn something new, and expand your potential for jobs and earning power b/c you can do other things.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

how young though? diff states have diff laws.
laugh.gif

I'm 20 right now majoring in marketing thinking about minoring in psychology
I can either graduate in the spring or wait
I'll be graduating at 22 ( I assume thats the average graduation age) if I decide to go ahead with the minor
Doesn't seem that bad
and what I wrote has nothing to do with the joke

Originally Posted by Thakid904

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

how young though? diff states have diff laws.
laugh.gif

I'm 20 right now majoring in marketing thinking about minoring in psychology
I can either graduate in the spring or wait
I'll be graduating at 22 ( I assume thats the average graduation age) if I decide to go ahead with the minor
Doesn't seem that bad
and what I wrote has nothing to do with the joke
i highly doubt that's the average graduating age, fambilia...
there are more people that graduate after that than people that graduate on or before 22...

i think you're doing aight...

wink.gif
wink.gif

honestly unless its something useful (i.e. a language, some type of science, something computer related, Finance, etc.) it won't really help your resume. If its just something you're passionate about, go for it just don't think that your minor in Romance Languages will impress too many employers

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

honestly unless its something useful (i.e. a language, some type of science, something computer related, Finance, etc.) it won't really help your resume. If its just something you're passionate about, go for it just don't think that your minor in Romance Languages will impress too many employers

but it will get him yambs, doe...

i have found that most employers dont care. if you have to pay for another year, dont do it

I had no idea schools didn't require a minor. Entrepreneurship major, marketing and sales double minor 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom