Gran Torino Appreciation

like i said in the blu-ray post, this is the best movie i've seen in the past 5 years. i loved it!

I really like this movie
pimp.gif

The spoiler on that car had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i remember seeing things like that back in middle school when lil asian kids try to show off to everyone else. Being a non-stereotypical ftw.

Funniest part was when they were trying to get Thao in the car and there's already 5 people packed in that tiny civic.

Eh, some of it was appreciated.
The Asian actors, all of them, weren't. Anytime they were on screen it was like watching a rock.
The racism went overboard at points, but it was just too funny to be mad at.

I thought it was a great movie and while the acting wasn't great it was because Clint Eastwood mentioned that he went for authentic Hmong actors, but itdidn't take away from the movie IMO

movie was horrible. clint singing on the credits? come on man...
n the plot was horribly predictable.

acting was obviously subpar from the asian actors/actress.......but Eastwood was cool. Damn near a comedy for the first hour. Eastwood went to town with theslurs/jokes. Good movie overall....appreciated.

man when he called su a dragon lady i lost it in the theater

the fat guy who always rode shotgun pissed me off for example when the mexicans were messin with toad and the came and saved him he was annoying when he waslike come on lets go we got the gun, then like 7 seconds later he said the same thing except instead of gun he said strap

the racism wasnt overboard....its actually toned down compared to what ppl like him were like in those days.
Especially NAM. What i like about the movie was it kinda poked fun at racism. Made it seem like what it is. Stupid

Just saw it yesterday. One of the best movies I've seen. I thought they were gonna blow it with the ending but it was good.

Watched it yesterday for the first time. It was a good movie. Eastwood had me
laugh.gif
at some of the things he was saying to the kids.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

the racism wasnt overboard....its actually toned down compared to what ppl like him were like in those days.
Especially NAM. What i like about the movie was it kinda poked fun at racism. Made it seem like what it is. Stupid

That's how I feel.

Back
Top Bottom