Gran Torino Appreciation

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Gran Torino > Slumdog/Wrestler/BB

I sincerely hope you are just looking for attention

and I didn't even love slumdog like that. that's just a "wow" statement.

slumdog was one of the most overrated movies of all time. It was just NOT that good.

Gran Torino >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> slumdog

The Wrestler >>>>>>>>>> Gran Torino

benjamin button was about equal. Better acting and cinematography, but Gran Torino was much more enjoyable.

This movie was just alright and thats only because it was a damn comedy. This movie would definitly win the oscar for the most racist movie of the year. WhenClint called ol'boy a "pusscake" at the party, i was like
roll.gif
I laughed more than anything but felt that the acting was poor, from everyone. Come on man, this 90 year old guy isn't stomping out anybody...even if it issome fat ******ed asian kid. Way too many G bombs for my taste, made me want to go out and kill a

cracker.snack.bread.jpg

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Just got finished watching it. Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen and I went into it with mixed expectations. Kinda reminded me of Crash.
Thoughts?
best movie you've ever seen.. come on man.. the acting was terrible.. but it was very entertaining i will say.. all the racism was hilarious.. zipperheads, ****s hahahaha clint had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
Watch it....

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Everyone can have there opionion though
laugh.gif
I am just stating mine.
Which is what some people in here cant seem to grasp. I mean, as long as you aren't touting Disaster Movie as the best thing since theGodfather, than I can respect what you think.

I thought it was a good movie... I don't know why y'all are hating on the Asian actors for. It's more about the story imo.

I just saw this movie.

Eastwood was brilliant. He was pure comedy the entire movie...dissing Tao, his barber, the construction boss, the priest
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Asian actors (namely Tao and his sister) were bloody awful. Tao is one of the worst actors I've ever seen, I hope he never gets a Hollywood role again.

Pretty good movie...Eastwood pulled a LeBron and carried this movie on his back
pimp.gif

i watched it the other day and thought it was pretty good. i agree they coulda found better actors for tao and his sis

Didnt really like this movie... and that "Tao" character and his sister CANNOT ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i did like the fact that he risked his lifeover the type of people hated ever since the Korean War.

The movie was OK at best...I don't see what all the hype was about. I just watched it this afternoon, and honestly I think anyone in hollywood could havewritten this story. If Clint Eastwood's name wasn't attached to the film, would it have all this hoopla? The movie pales in comparison to The Wrestlerand also Slumdog. Some of the parts were flat out comical. Eastwood's constant growling, his slow "punching" of the cabinets, the slurs, andlastly...the HORRIBLE acting by everyone who was asian in the film. The casting was terrible. This movie was a big let down.

Eastwood was amazing in this movie. But like everyone else said the Asian actors were so bad I was literally smh while watching it. Can't believe theending though, I thought he was gonna go in there and smoke the dudes. But this was a good movie and I highly recommend it.

I've wanted to see this movie for some time and just got done watching it for the first time.

I thought it was a good movie.

Like most, I thought Clint was great and pretty much everyone else was average or poor.

Overall it's appreciated.

Not sure why the use of non-professional actors should prevent anyone from enjoying Gran Torino. It's been done before like in Bicycle Thieves (all but oneactor was non-professional), Battle of Algiers (only one professional actor) and more recently--- Raging Bull with Cathy Moriarity (Vicky). I didn't havea problem with the acting in Gran Torino.

Back
Top Bottom