Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

What do we get for the delay? 
nerd.gif

Nice photos, SinnerP.
smokin.gif

Seems the X2011 is lower-profile compared to the X2010. Any improvements to handling over the X2010?
nerd.gif

Nice photos, SinnerP.
smokin.gif

Seems the X2011 is lower-profile compared to the X2010. Any improvements to handling over the X2010?
nerd.gif

Thanks guys.

To be honest, I felt that the X11 to be very similar to the X10... both are insanely hard to drive. You have to be very precise and have cat-like reflexes. I'm sure the X11 is an improvement over the X10... I'm just not good enough to exploit it...
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

As for Spa, you can't really compare it to the Nordschleife, as they're very different tracks.  It's obviously not as long as the Nord, but it's long compared to a normal track.  The challenges include the infamous Eau Rouge; that S-shaped part that goes up-hill.  You can take it flat in an F1 car, but other cars you'll need to feather the throttle to get as much speed as possible cuz of the long straight that follows.  Then there's the twisty downhill section which flows really well... miss the first few turns and you end up losing speed in the subsequent turns.  I've watched a lot of races of this track before, but to finally get to do some GT-laps on it is very cool. 

It only has the "weather change" option, but I haven't tried it yet.  No "time change" unfortunately... 

Thanks guys.

To be honest, I felt that the X11 to be very similar to the X10... both are insanely hard to drive. You have to be very precise and have cat-like reflexes. I'm sure the X11 is an improvement over the X10... I'm just not good enough to exploit it...
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

As for Spa, you can't really compare it to the Nordschleife, as they're very different tracks.  It's obviously not as long as the Nord, but it's long compared to a normal track.  The challenges include the infamous Eau Rouge; that S-shaped part that goes up-hill.  You can take it flat in an F1 car, but other cars you'll need to feather the throttle to get as much speed as possible cuz of the long straight that follows.  Then there's the twisty downhill section which flows really well... miss the first few turns and you end up losing speed in the subsequent turns.  I've watched a lot of races of this track before, but to finally get to do some GT-laps on it is very cool. 

It only has the "weather change" option, but I haven't tried it yet.  No "time change" unfortunately... 

Forgot to mention Kart Space! Basically Mario-Kart getting the GT-treatment...
laugh.gif

The new karts are fun, as is the track. Some crazy, indoor, disco madness goin on...
laugh.gif

A vid from a GTP-er.

Forgot to mention Kart Space! Basically Mario-Kart getting the GT-treatment...
laugh.gif

The new karts are fun, as is the track. Some crazy, indoor, disco madness goin on...
laugh.gif

A vid from a GTP-er.

Via GTPlanet.com

Free Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model in Gran Turismo 5
nissan-gtr-gt500-stealth-model-gt5.jpg

To celebrate the official conclusion of the North American GT Academy competition on Speed TV (hopefully you were able to join GTPlanet’s live viewing party!), Polyphony Digital and SCEA have now made the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model available as a free download in North America.

To download the car, head to the PlayStation Store and select “Redeem Codes

Via GTPlanet.com

Free Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model in Gran Turismo 5
nissan-gtr-gt500-stealth-model-gt5.jpg

To celebrate the official conclusion of the North American GT Academy competition on Speed TV (hopefully you were able to join GTPlanet’s live viewing party!), Polyphony Digital and SCEA have now made the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model available as a free download in North America.

To download the car, head to the PlayStation Store and select “Redeem Codes

To make up for the North American DLC delay North American PS3 owners will be getting this Honda NSX GT500 Stealth model:
honda-nsx-gt500-stealth.jpg

If you buy the complete DLC pack which comes out next Tuesday 10-25-11. The deal runs until 11-7-11. And they will be throwing in a unique GT Academy dynamic theme also if you buy the complete DLC pack. Also just a reminder that PS+ subscribers will be getting a discount on the DLC pricing.

Link:

http://www.gtplanet.net/north-americas-bonus-gt5-downloadable-content-details/

To make up for the North American DLC delay North American PS3 owners will be getting this Honda NSX GT500 Stealth model:
honda-nsx-gt500-stealth.jpg

If you buy the complete DLC pack which comes out next Tuesday 10-25-11. The deal runs until 11-7-11. And they will be throwing in a unique GT Academy dynamic theme also if you buy the complete DLC pack. Also just a reminder that PS+ subscribers will be getting a discount on the DLC pricing.

Link:

http://www.gtplanet.net/north-americas-bonus-gt5-downloadable-content-details/

Weren't those two cars already included in the DLC cars in the GT5 Limited Edition?
nerd.gif
Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have both cars stock again.
smokin.gif

For Spa-Francorchamps, Eau Rouge is definitely the toughest corner on the track to nail flat-out. A lack of commitment can throw you off onto the gravel/grass on either side fairly easily. One of my favorite sections on the track are the fast-flowing sequence of corners in sector 2 (in F1) and the penultimate corner before the straight that brings you to the recently-reprofiled bus stop chicane/pit entry. Another flat-out left-hander.
smokin.gif
Not the best of videos, but you can see the speed difference between a "normal" race car and a Formula One car going through Eau Rouge

Weren't those two cars already included in the DLC cars in the GT5 Limited Edition?
nerd.gif
Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have both cars stock again.
smokin.gif

For Spa-Francorchamps, Eau Rouge is definitely the toughest corner on the track to nail flat-out. A lack of commitment can throw you off onto the gravel/grass on either side fairly easily. One of my favorite sections on the track are the fast-flowing sequence of corners in sector 2 (in F1) and the penultimate corner before the straight that brings you to the recently-reprofiled bus stop chicane/pit entry. Another flat-out left-hander.
smokin.gif
Not the best of videos, but you can see the speed difference between a "normal" race car and a Formula One car going through Eau Rouge

Back
Top Bottom