Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

soooon....................... first car imma try to cop is an aventador and paint that thang gold :lol:

When this come out ? And what's the improve from 5? Because hated that one so much

When this come out ? And what's the improve from 5? Because hated that one so much
In a nutshell, new physics model, 200 more cars (1,200 and counting), a bunch more tracks and a new time-change/lighting system. 

Last edited:
In a nutshell, new physics model, 200 more cars (1,200 and counting), a bunch more tracks and a new time-change/lighting system. 

How's the audio? GT5 engine sounds were atrocious. None of the cars sounded like they should have. I've been a GT fan since the first one but after GT4 5 was trash. I've turned to Forza as i think it's much more accurate as far as physics and sound goes. Not trying to start a war by any means, just saying. I really wanna get my hands on GT6 but i don't have a PS3 anymore.

Last edited:
^ Unfortunately, the engine sounds haven't improved all that much.  However, Kaz has already indicated that they will patch this so we'll see.

But I hear ya.  Things haven't been the same since GT3, which I think most feel is still the best one so far.  GT6 feels like an evolution of GT5.  I've always felt that odd-numbered GT's are revolutionary while even-numbered ones are evolutionary.  While they've improved on some things, some of the GT5 problems are still there... some of the shadow issues, standard-cars, screen-tearing, frame-rate drop, etc.  I guess that's just the limitations of the PS3?  Having said that, I'm still enjoying it.  I like the new 'career' progress of mixing races, licenses, and some various mini-game challenges.  Vision Gran Turismo (concepts) will be very interesting.  The new day-night transition also looks amazing.  Ultimately, we're also getting 200+ new premium cars and a bunch of new tracks, so I guess I can't complain too much.   

Can't comment too much on the new physics model yet... will need more time.  

And I hope reviewers won't compare this to Forza 5... Not really fair to compare games on different platforms/next-gen... IMO.

Anyway...

smokin.gif

Last edited:
:smh: I got the limited edition GT5, guess I gotta shell out for 6.

:lol: I still have the matte diecast GT-R on my desk

^ Unfortunately, the engine sounds haven't improved all that much.  However, Kaz has already indicated that they will patch this so we'll see.

But I hear ya.  Things haven't been the same since GT3, which I think most feel is still the best one so far.  GT6 feels like an evolution of GT5.  I've always felt that odd-numbered GT's are revolutionary while even-numbered ones are evolutionary.  While they've improved on some things, some of the GT5 problems are still there... some of the shadow issues, standard-cars, screen-tearing, frame-rate drop, etc.  I guess that's just the limitations of the PS3?  Having said that, I'm still enjoying it.  I like the new 'career' progress of mixing races, licenses, and some various mini-game challenges.  Vision Gran Turismo (concepts) will be very interesting.  The new day-night transition also looks amazing.  Ultimately, we're also getting 200+ new premium cars and a bunch of new tracks, so I guess I can't complain too much.   

Can't comment too much on the new physics model yet... will need more time.  

And I hope reviewers won't compare this to Forza 5... Not really fair to compare games on different platforms/next-gen... IMO.

Anyway...
:smokin

Thanks for the post. I ended up getting a The Last of Us black friday bundle on amazon so i'll be copping 6. I read the IGN review and they said the same thing about the sound and how it's not good by any means in 6. I'm hoping the update you're talking about at least helps it.

For anyone that got the game is it worth buying ?

Thinking about buying the digital copy tonight but don't wanna waste my money and be disappointed, better questing have the sense of speed been fix? And it actually look like your going fast ?

the cars DEFINITELY feel different

i hate the new online lobby it doesnt tell you what PP restrictions the rooms have like GT5

is it me or do most cars feel tail happy as hell? this **** is getting annoying i have a stock nsx can barely drive it because its so dam tail happy

No handbrake?
gotta go to settings

Last edited:
For anyone that got the game is it worth buying ?

Thinking about buying the digital copy tonight but don't wanna waste my money and be disappointed, better questing have the sense of speed been fix? And it actually look like your going fast ?
I've always had a bias towards GT, so I'd say... yes! 
tongue.gif

However, I'd say don't get the digital copy... who know how long it'll take to DL and install... plus in the event you don't like the game, you can just sell the disc.  Unless you can sell digital-copies???

^

i feel you on the over steer :smh: i was all excited to nurburg online get some good track times in my nsx next thing you know im over here spinning out looking like a noob :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
^ Yes... just did a few laps with the stock NSX... 
sick.gif

The thing rolls so much that any high-speed turns will unsettle the car.  The same for under heavy-braking.  

I upgraded to sport-hards and full-suspension, which improved it a lot... but still pretty unstable.  

Anyway... PhotoMode can be addicting.

Last edited:
^ The first one's gifted... if you want another one, you'll have to pay for it! 

I didn't need a code for it, so I think the gift is for everyone. 

laugh.gif
 I've caved and bought everything that was available in GT5.  Test track and Spa was worth it! 

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/
You mentioned the Senna content in May, can you give us any sort of timeline as to when we can expect the other major features to be released, such as the Course Maker, online community features, etc.?

We don’t have a definite order yet of things, but, you know, January, February, March, April, May, etc., we have updates planned for each of those months, and there are actually more things too which we still can’t mention! [Laughs.]

“We do already have a big update coming in December, and in January there will probably be two big updates. And that’s because there’s a lot of things, such as the unveiling of new cars, which we have no control over.”
nerd.gif

My favorite aim racing was gt2 till forza came out. I'm back tho, just copped a ps3 with gt5 and I'm trying to figure out how to get a gs300 (aristo) i got the Regular edition. Should I cop the XL edition? Or is it something I have to unlock?

My favorite aim racing was gt2 till forza came out. I'm back tho, just copped a ps3 with gt5 and I'm trying to figure out how to get a gs300 (aristo) i got the Regular edition. Should I cop the XL edition? Or is it something I have to unlock?

used car dealership i think

you can refresh the dealership if you go in the license test then back out before you start it

Back
Top Bottom