Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

They confirmed that there will be more wheels and "1000's" of body-modifications (wings, bodykits I assume), but nothing on engine swaps, which IMO is a good thing.

I never liked that idea. By swapping engines, you're changing the most essential part of the car.  Plus it's not, what I would call, a very "common" mod... in the sense that while most people can upgrade their exhausts, cam-shafts, turbos, etc in real-life... engine-swaps aren't as common as those mods.  Really, if you drop a Ferrari engine into an Accord, what car is it?  I don't see the automakers giving a green-light on that either. 

They confirmed that there will be more wheels and "1000's" of body-modifications (wings, bodykits I assume), but nothing on engine swaps, which IMO is a good thing.

I never liked that idea. By swapping engines, you're changing the most essential part of the car.  Plus it's not, what I would call, a very "common" mod... in the sense that while most people can upgrade their exhausts, cam-shafts, turbos, etc in real-life... engine-swaps aren't as common as those mods.  Really, if you drop a Ferrari engine into an Accord, what car is it?  I don't see the automakers giving a green-light on that either. 

no i liked how forza would do it. if u had a honda u could drop in the best honda motor if u had a ford u can drop the best ford engine they make. u cant cross a chevy motor into a bmw which is how i think they should make it be done

So is GT6 gonna have better customization?
Like wider tires, better rims, engine swaps, more body mods? Thats the only thing that is missing from Gran Turismo..
I hope they have more prem. cars too, too many dope standard cars on GT5

this

step up their customization and make every car premium

i love the game no matter what anyways

no i liked how forza would do it. if u had a honda u could drop in the best honda motor if u had a ford u can drop the best ford engine they make. u cant cross a chevy motor into a bmw which is how i think they should make it be done
So in Forza, they allowed you to drop, say, a Ford GT 5.4L engine into a Ka?  I don't know much about mechanics and whatnot, but is that even physically possible? 

Anyway, Polyphony hasn't mentioned anything (I don't think) about it, so I'm assuming it's not a part of their plans for now.  But definitely expect a bigger degree of modifications.

Lots of updates...

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-screenshot-blowout-pagani-huayra-brands-hatch-new-photo-locations-more/

Brands Hatch!

Brandshatch_2.jpg

Huayra

Pagani-Huayra-11_73Front.jpg

eek.gif

ronda_02.jpg

ronda_01.jpg

ALSO.

Pre-order incentives.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gt6-15th-anniversary-edition-details-pre-order-incentives/

I see what you're saying but I meant like brand engine swaps.. Not mixing different brands engines, like a LS1 in a RX-7.. Eventhough that is pretty common these days..

well im sure there will be a thousand cars or so (about 214 different skylines)  ... if all of them have 3 mods... bam! you've got thousands of mods.
I was so disappointed with 5, my expectations are low.

They've switched the pre-order bonus.

No more Apex II guide. It's now going to be an app for IOS and Android :smh:

Anniversary Edition for me.

Steelbook and Apex II are a must plus the 1million credit.

Man, Apex II would be nice. Really enjoyed browsing that book while in the bathroom. :lol: Too bad I don't have a console anymore. :lol: :\

EDIT: Apex II is an app?! What the ****. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Japanese GT6 Release Date Announced with PS3 “Starter Kit”

gt6-ps3-starter-box.jpg

gt6-anniversary-edition-box.jpg

Gran Turismo 6 launch details were outlined for the Japanese market during a special PlayStation media session hosted by Sony on Monday.

gt6-anniversary-edition-box

The game will be released in Japan on December 5, 2013, one day before the international GT6 release date of December 6, 2013.

A limited-release “PS3 Starter Pack” was also announced for Japan at the press conference, and will include the Nissan GT-R GT3 featured in the GT6 Anniversary Edition. See the official Japanese site for more details, including pre-ordering information for the region.

During the press conference, a slightly modified version of GT6‘s Gamescom trailer was shown to the audience. The updated video confirms Lexus’ involvement with the “Vision Gran Turismo” project, and includes action clips of the Lancia Stratos and Audi R18.

More information on the game is expected to be released next week at the Tokyo Game Show, starting Thursday, September 19.

Back
Top Bottom