Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Got 300k, level 11... I think its more important to get the funds first, then try and buy cheap @#$# cars and finish off those races that you're garage doesnt support.

Loving this.

The special events, you can rack up like 30g's easy.. but only once and only gold!

man i feel like $!!.
did the pro series Grand Touring (the last one - name could be wrong) Tournament but I did the races separately.
got golds on all 5 tracks on the 1st try but didnt get an overall gold since i didnt enter the tournament

man i feel like $!!.
did the pro series Grand Touring (the last one - name could be wrong) Tournament but I did the races separately.
got golds on all 5 tracks on the 1st try but didnt get an overall gold since i didnt enter the tournament

Just finished all the Karts/Top Gear/Nascar School special events. Those were fun and easy if anyone needs cash.

Just finished all the Karts/Top Gear/Nascar School special events. Those were fun and easy if anyone needs cash.

I'm having some trouble with the special event the third race the one with the fireworks it looks cool.

Does anyone like b spec mode?

I'm having some trouble with the special event the third race the one with the fireworks it looks cool.

Does anyone like b spec mode?

^ i love b-spec mode. it lets me make money while doing stuff around the house, especially when you got Kanye West as your driver.
laugh.gif

^ i love b-spec mode. it lets me make money while doing stuff around the house, especially when you got Kanye West as your driver.
laugh.gif

Awww, come on. 
Driving Aids: 
Traction 2
Skid Recovery: On
Active Steering: Mild
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

ABS: 1 is all you really need.

Awww, come on. 
Driving Aids: 
Traction 2
Skid Recovery: On
Active Steering: Mild
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

ABS: 1 is all you really need.

Are all the historic race cars $20 mil, I want a Chapparral 2J anyway, car is beast, I'll just get that and rock it out.

Are all the historic race cars $20 mil, I want a Chapparral 2J anyway, car is beast, I'll just get that and rock it out.

Originally Posted by Mister916

How did you beat the Top Gear Challenge with the Lotus race? 
eyes.gif
 Any tips? 

How did you beat the Top Gear Challenge with the Lotus race? 
eyes.gif
 Any tips? 

Even with ABS 1, I'm still having trouble. I'll do anything to beat that cup.
Fair enough.
I try to do all my races and licenses with just ABS 1, but the Top Gear Lotus is impossible... for me anyway.  Turn 1 is ridiculous cuz you have to brake and turn-in at the same time, and the Lotus does not like that.  I might have to try some driving-aids with that.

Even with ABS 1, I'm still having trouble. I'll do anything to beat that cup.
Fair enough.
I try to do all my races and licenses with just ABS 1, but the Top Gear Lotus is impossible... for me anyway.  Turn 1 is ridiculous cuz you have to brake and turn-in at the same time, and the Lotus does not like that.  I might have to try some driving-aids with that.

I like how the Lotus slides. Most of the turns I brake late and slip in front of the opponent. Except for the last 2 turns, I prefer to slide on the second to last turn and take the last one normally.

It did take me around 45 minutes to beat that challenge though so I felt pretty comfortable with the car.

I'll see if there's a way to upload a replay to show you what I'm talking about.

I just played some events without the wheel, and god, I don't know how you could do it. Its so boring. If you enjoy this game at all, do yourself a favor and get at least the Driving Force Pro or GT. The PS3 controller is just an awful contraption.

Back
Top Bottom