Grape 5 release day

sorry if this is in the wrong section. anyways im sure you all remember the craziness and what i wanted to know if anyone still has any videos from people going wild to get their pair. if anyone still has any can you please post it. thanks in advance

FINALLY getting mine for Father's Day damn near 5 calendars later.... all good though patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait...

THANKS kids and wifey
happy.gif
But I have no LS in my entire state or surrounding areas so I just know they dropped and were gobbled up and it was craziness, but nothing will ever compare to the March 2001 Cool Grey XI release I was certainly there for that and nothing before, during, or after will ever add up to that tendency for robbery and violence.... whew hope it doesn't repeat itself when they drop again this year   
nerd.gif

I camped out for 15 hours. Stupid i know but at the same time it was pretty cool. Just talking it up with fellow shoeheads. Got rid of my pair by the way 
laugh.gif

all i remember was strolling in to olympia sports at 11am and getting a pair. just wish i bought more than one back then.

i do remember that lame "quest for the grapes" youtube vid though.

I passed on these, drove to the mall at midnight the night before and the line was literally around the block, drove back home
smh.gif

Off topic, but just saw the vid of the carolina 5s release as well. That was another hyped up release. Camped out only 10 hrs for those 
laugh.gif

Anyone have that pic from the release at Serramonte, with that dude Genghis Khan
laugh.gif

for those who live in the sunshine state i got mine a few days later at a mom and pop shop for 199.99, and they were plentiful

I stayed in line for like a hour got three pair kept one sold the other two for like 330 n like 376 something like that

I remember I was beasting over these when they came out. Drove all the way to Ford City and they only had a 7.5 left (the very last pair, the store there only got 4 pairs). I was conflicted about getting them, but I knew I could sell them and at least get my size. Nonetheless, I sold the pair for the money to get my 10.5s and made a extra $10 on top of that.

^totally false. i have 4 pairs of grapes, one of them i've worn at least 50x. still look great.

Vs -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yellowed Vs - still
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom