Grape 5 release day

Got 1 pair from eastbay and 3 from the outlets. Kept 2.

336291017.jpg

everytime i hear the words " grape release" i think of that youtube video, where theres a mob of people trying to get a pair

WOW.. that would of been crazy to get.. i traded my grapes away for black oreo IV...

these were difficult
the only in-store release ever that i was forced to buy a t-shirt with
been wearing them a lot lately to keep them durable
notice the huge size of the '06 retro 5 box

i can remember specifically for this release how it was posted on niketalk
that some dude got belted in the head with a lead pipe outside some nyc store
for his pair after he walked out...can also remember another cat posting how
he stood in line with his moms and she thwarted some would-be predators
with her purse or something...for real
also - many eastbay complaints on here, very unreliable, i guess on this release

^^^ hahaha i remember that episode. be careful you're gonna get banned for askin to trade.

ij ust did alil searchin n found 2 pairs, size 10.5 n size 11 im waitin for the dude to get back at me an hopefully i can go pick them up this weekend =]]

i remember that day like it was yesterday,after work i met up with my girl an we decided to meet up with a couple of friends of mine that were already standing on line. They were like yo come right now cuz the line is gettin longer,an also to request a pair and get a ticket. That pretty much solidified my size 7.5 right......wrong. The store,FootAction....for all my brooklyn heads,its the only Footaction in downtown brooklyn,right in the corner. The absolute worst display of employees ive ever seen working in a sneaker store(ill get to that in a bit). I went in the store,calm atmosphere..cool...go to the register and ask the associate about the grape 5s. she then said what size...7.5...she said 2nite were doing a midnight release so we cant sell them now....i said yes i know this,(hence the line outside) i said is there any way i can reserve a pair,with a ticket or something..she said yea,an again asked my size..7.5..they didnt make 7.5...
eyes.gif
 im thinkin no way...@ least if they were reserved for someone else say that,but dont lie. She then said i have a sz 8 available,its betta than nothing,i said damn,ok..she said if a 7.5 is still around by the time you come up for ur pair,then ask for a 7.5..i said alright thanks for info. i go ahead an go stand on line with my peeps. i go tell my boys the story,they like nah they gotta have 7.5...im like we gonna have to wait an see. so a couple hours go by,we were like maybe the 20th person on line,i decided to check the entire line,begining to end an see who might be a 7.5,then i could count and see that maybe there is no more in my size. i checked the whole *** line and i swear the smallest size on the entire line was a 8.5..nobody on that line was coppin a 7.5...on top of that,it was one per customer. i def knew for sure if they were buying ,they were only buying theyre size. so the whole line didnt have 7.5,i became suspicious..how is this possible. towards the end of the night,one of the "managers" came out and was taking names,and sizes...came by me and i was like size 7.5..he said we dont carry 7.5.. i clearly see on the other side of the paper that hes writing on ,size seven in a half for like 5 plp..im like whoa?! whats that then,i see 7.5 on here..he was like these are the store employee list. i was like but im the customer though,shouldnt i come first,if i want that size,i should get it. he was on some either take the 8 or you dont get any size. *** %*%!%$#, so i kept my mouth shut,grabbed my size 8 and dipped. i couldve made a huge case for it,but @ the end i problaby wouldnt have got me a pair. I think that was the last time i camped out,for anything.

damn, these my high school year, lol i was one of the lucky few cause my boy use to work at jimmy jazz in newport mall. i felt like god when i saw 50 heads outside the store and i was sitting on the bench just waiting for them to leave so i could just get my pair

i Remember when the mall of america open they're doors people started running full blast to get a spot then they came out with a hat with numbers in it passing them out haha people was so salty mainly the ones that was there for 8 hrs in line n theyre number wasnt called

thekckid wrote:
cmoneymontana wrote:

I got a DS pair last year, from a fellow Nter, good looks. I do remember this vid though.......

I was expecting some epic fight....

��

Not sure if yall care or not but this mall is CRAZY when it comes to any Shoe release......

and guess what ????

This is the mall they put our HOUSE OF HOOPS in.

Its only going to get worse.

but about the GRAPES.

Copped from my local SP.

All pairs went to all my homies.

Waited a few hours the night b4. Manager came out at closing and took all our names and sizes and told us to come back in the AM.

Came back to a long crazy line. Everyone was pissed we all got our pairs and they didnt.

I think this summer Ill finally bring them out.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

thekckid wrote:
cmoneymontana wrote:

I got a DS pair last year, from a fellow Nter, good looks. I do remember this vid though.......
I was expecting some epic fight....

��

Not sure if yall care or not but this mall is CRAZY when it comes to any Shoe release......

and guess what ????

This is the mall they put our HOUSE OF HOOPS in.

Its only going to get worse.

but about the GRAPES.

Copped from my local SP.

All pairs went to all my homies.

Waited a few hours the night b4. Manager came out at closing and took all our names and sizes and told us to come back in the AM.

Came back to a long crazy line. Everyone was pissed we all got our pairs and they didnt.

I think this summer Ill finally bring them out.
My friend lives by there. He says that everyone in the bay area is still on their nike sb $#*^. That said, foam releases to HOH should be easy to get for you

I Remember going to the mall the friday before to look at them in person told my connect to hold 2 sz12's. Went back to  Fl mall in the am around 8 had a few dudes still hanging around lol walked out with BOTH my pairs the look on their faces- PRICELESS-
roll.gif

Savraj1 wrote:
My friend lives by there. He says that everyone in the bay area is still on their nike sb $#*^. That said, foam releases to HOH should be easy to get for you

Im sorry but you homie lied to you.

ANYONE from the bay could tell you how it is out here.

ANYTHING that is wanted brings out all these crazy looking kids.

1st off its HOH .... 2nd its at SERRAMONTE.... 3rd thats where all the kids shop..... what more hype is there in the bay???  

I thought the bay was all hype thought? lol
Unfortunately I still havent snagged myself a pair despite spending on other shoes that amount to the value of a ds pair of grapes..

Originally Posted by Redrum

Anyone have that pic from the release at Serramonte, with that dude Genghis Khan
laugh.gif

i remember that pic...there was an asian dude in a crowd with a fuzzy $@% trooper hat

I remember seeing all the documented craziness when these dropped. While it is a nice colorway, it has never been a must have for me so I didn't experience the release first hand. By the looks of it, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom