Greg Anthony just said Chris Paul was the best point guard in the NBA.

the list should be

1. kidd

2/3. nash/cp3(I bleieve cp3 is a bit better but nash has very good court vision so these two spots are tied)

4. parker

5. davis

6. billups

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Everybody that has replied to this thread that doesn't believe Chris Paul is the best, please reply again with the number of times you've seen the Hornets play a full game.

28-30
League pass FTW!!

how many full games have you seen?

Originally Posted by K Anthony07

Nash

Billups

ARENAS- how can u leave him out

BD

then CP3

I'm a huge GA fan but in no way is he a better pg than Chris Paul. Arenas is a shooting guard trapped in a point guards body

ARENAS- how can u leave him out
Arenas is about as much a PG as Allen Iverson. He might play there because of his size, but Gil is a combo guard.

Some of yall just look at stats and think they mean everything.

J Kidd is a winner, just look at how he changes a franchise when he arrives.

Statistically this season..... Paul > Kidd

If I had to choose one to lead a team this season.... Kidd>>>>>>>>>Paul

Here is my view on which point guard is better.

As of RIGHT NOW. CP3 is just ballin lately. There is no team in the NBA that can stop him. If you try and stop his jump shot, he will drive past you. If yougive him the shot, he will drill it on you. Double team? Pass off for the assist. He is the second best point guard at running a team. I still dont understandhow people would pass up on Jason Kidd as the best point guard in the Association. Me personally, I would take Kidd over Paul because Kidd is literally awalking triple double, without any real talent around him other than RJ. Dude made Mikki Morre a great player. He is now making Sean Williams and Josh Boonegreat players (Sean is going to have a great career, but his early success is, IMO, because of Kidd). However, the same arguement can be made for Chris Paul.He is making guys like David West and Tyson Chandler into great players. Now, IMO, Kidd has a worse supporting cast than CP3.

Here is the reason why Steve Nash should not be discussed as the best Point Guard in the leauge. Steve Nash is the product of the Phoenix system. Now, if Stevewere on any other team, he would still be productive, but not to the extent of what he is doing now with the Suns. If you put Jason Kidd or Chris Paul on anyother team, they are the exact same player, and have the same amount of production, regardless of who they play, or what kind of team they are playing with.That is a huge thing that puts those two point guards ahead of Steve Nash.

IMO, my top PG's today.
1. Jason Kidd
2. Chris Paul
3. Steve Nash
4. I hate to say it, Tony Parker
5. Baron Davis
6. Chauncy Billups
7. Deron Williams
8. Mike Bibby

Second tier of point guards
9. Devin Harris
10. Jose Calderon
11. Jason Williams
12. Mo Williams

Honestly, with the Chris Paul arguement, him and Jason Kidd are basically the same player. The only reason why I would have Kidd above CP3 is because of theveteran experience. You cant teach someone experience of 10+ seasons. Chris Paul will earn that, no question about it.

Basketball IQ, Attributes, etc...
Jason Kidd = Chris Paul

Veteran Experience
Jason Kidd > Chris Paul

That is the only reason why I would have Jason Kidd over Chris Paul.

Three years from now though, there will be no arguement on who the number one point guard in the leauge will be...

... thats right, Jose Calderon

wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Here is my view on which point guard is better.

As of RIGHT NOW. CP3 is just ballin lately. There is no team in the NBA that can stop him. If you try and stop his jump shot, he will drive past you. If you give him the shot, he will drill it on you. Double team? Pass off for the assist. He is the second best point guard at running a team. I still dont understand how people would pass up on Jason Kidd as the best point guard in the Association. Me personally, I would take Kidd over Paul because Kidd is literally a walking triple double, without any real talent around him other than RJ. Dude made Mikki Morre a great player. He is now making Sean Williams and Josh Boone great players (Sean is going to have a great career, but his early success is, IMO, because of Kidd). However, the same arguement can be made for Chris Paul. He is making guys like David West and Tyson Chandler into great players. Now, IMO, Kidd has a worse supporting cast than CP3.

Here is the reason why Steve Nash should not be discussed as the best Point Guard in the leauge. Steve Nash is the product of the Phoenix system. Now, if Steve were on any other team, he would still be productive, but not to the extent of what he is doing now with the Suns. If you put Jason Kidd or Chris Paul on any other team, they are the exact same player, and have the same amount of production, regardless of who they play, or what kind of team they are playing with. That is a huge thing that puts those two point guards ahead of Steve Nash.

Thank you! Geez look at what he did with the Mavs and then the Suns. Now look at JKidd with the Mavs then the Suns then the Nets......then tell me who wasmore consistent regardless of the team and system he was in.

Back
Top Bottom