sick.gif
sick.gif
. I'm bruised for a couple of days.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Drafting G's and F's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drafting C's.
this...

You draft what you need. The Blazers needed a C not a another SG or SF
Investing a top pick for a big tall injury prone C is only going to bite you in the !!% in the long run... Teams get put into bad positions and do what they do but when it comes down to it, im taking a top guard or forward before im putting a greg oden on my team.

And that is why your not a GM. Greg was not injury prone coming out of collage. I was a Sonic fan so I would of been happy with either player.

dude starting is college career off on the IR. i'm not a fan of the kid, but i'd rather had seen him be olowokandi than sam bowie

String of bad luck and I feel horrible for Greg, who couldn't be a nicer person, but this makes me think of Bill Simmons's pleas to the Blazers tochoose Durant... because Oden was injury prone. Lots of what-ifs there.

damn man a bad injury for any fan of NBA basketball since this era unlike the 90s doesnt have too many true centers to watch every night.

i feel even worse for the dude too since he never came across as cocky/arrogant despite having many basketball fans considering him to be a potential HOFplayer when he was still in HS

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

They should've taken Durant.
yeup..and Jordan should have gone before bowie and olajuwon, ryan leaf should have never been taken by SD

smh, its poor to make these kinda statements after we see what happens. thats like blaming someone for not chosing the winning lotto numbers after they cameout

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

yeup..and Jordan should have gone before bowie and olajuwon, ryan leaf should have never been taken by SD

smh, its poor to make these kinda statements after we see what happens. thats like blaming someone for not chosing the winning lotto numbers after they came out

But that logic is silly though. The NBA has so many instances of this happening throughout the years. Durant averaged over 20 and 10 as a freshman, while Odenwas playing with one hand. How many times do we have to see history repeat itself before these teams learn to draft the best player talent-wise instead of thebest fit for their team? It happened with Jennings and Rubio just this year, NBA GM's are stupid.

Portland f'd up.

smh, its poor to make these kinda statements after we see what happens. thats like blaming someone for not chosing the winning lotto numbers after they came out

But that logic is silly though. The NBA has so many instances of this happening throughout the years. Durant averaged over 20 and 10 as a freshman, while Oden was playing with one hand. How many times do we have to see history repeat itself before these teams learn to draft the best player talent-wise instead of the best fit for their team? It happened with Jennings and Rubio just this year, NBA GM's are stupid.

Portland f'd up.
They did draft the best player available. All 30 GM's would've drafted Oden had they gotten the first pick.

But that logic is silly though. The NBA has so many instances of this happening throughout the years. Durant averaged over 20 and 10 as a freshman, while Oden was playing with one hand. How many times do we have to see history repeat itself before these teams learn to draft the best player talent-wise instead of the best fit for their team? It happened with Jennings and Rubio just this year, NBA GM's are stupid.

Portland f'd up.

Two completely different situations.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Portland f'd up.
They did draft the best player available. All 30 GM's would've drafted Oden had they gotten the first pick.

This. Same with Sam Bowie as well.

But that logic is silly though. The NBA has so many instances of this happening throughout the years. Durant averaged over 20 and 10 as a freshman, while Oden was playing with one hand. How many times do we have to see history repeat itself before these teams learn to draft the best player talent-wise instead of the best fit for their team? It happened with Jennings and Rubio just this year, [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]NBA GM's are stupid.[/color]

Portland f'd up.
smh.gif

All of you coming in here saying 'they should have drafted Durant', are morons. As a Portland fan I wanted Durant because I would take scorers over adefensive player all day, but the Blazers didn't need that. They drafted someone that most teams in the league considered to be a franchise center, aposition they needed. Sure the injuries have killed Oden so far, and I don't think he will be a superstar, if he returns to the way he has been playing thepast few weeks I would be happy. The Blazers have alot of talent around him to score and he doesn't need to be the most dominate player on the team.

i wonder why he wasnt wearin any knee braces??

due to his prior injuries, i would have slapped that on there for the

rest of his career

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Not true. If the Sonics had taken anyone but Durant if they had the #1 pick, I think the fans themselves would have run the team out of town fortaking another center. Also, Bill Simmons mentioned that Ainge was going to take Durant if they had the #1. They didn't need a center because they weregrooming Al Jefferson at the time.

Back
Top Bottom