Greg Oden bad knee injury during Rockets v. Portland Game

From http://espn.go.com/blog/t...-again-oden-out-for-year

All this seems horribly unfair to Oden, a gentle giant who, as general manager Kevin Pritchard somberly noted afterward, had worked so hard to come back from his first knee injury. Oden felt bad enough that Brandon Roy said, "He looked at me and he was like, 'Sorry,' and put his head down." He also was asking for score updates while being carted off for his MRI.

Now that's just sad...
ohwell.gif

^Man, that was sad to read.

It's comforting to know that Portland is extremely affectionate towards Oden. Regardless of what his future holds, I'm sure they'll appreciate whathe meant to the team.

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

All this seems horribly unfair to Oden, a gentle giant who, as general manager Kevin Pritchard somberly noted afterward, had worked so hard to come back from his first knee injury. Oden felt bad enough that Brandon Roy said, "He looked at me and he was like, 'Sorry,' and put his head down." He also was asking for score updates while being carted off for his MRI.
frown.gif
ive clowned dude as much as the next man but damn

Wow.
tired.gif

And this had to happen to someone who seems like a great person. I wish him the best of luck.

damn
frown.gif

I really feel awful for this kid...And I am never one of those types to feel bad for any athlete.

In all honesty, Greg seemed like a really nice and genuine person. Dude def don't deserve that.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Its a damn shame a majority of the 7footers can't stay healthy.
Humans just ain't meant to be that big...The ones like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem who had long careers are the real freaks.

Man, this sucks for him. I feel for the guy. If he were on my hometown team I'd be in the dumps. Hope he can recover, both physically and mentally. Theseinjuries have just been a streak of bad luck.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Its a damn shame a majority of the 7footers can't stay healthy.
Humans just ain't meant to be that big...The ones like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem who had long careers are the real freaks.
And don't think these guys have great knees either.

I definitely feel for the dude. I caught him at the employee store and mall a couple times when i worked at both. Also back when I went to Portland State. Realreal cool dude, it's defnitely unfortunate all this has happened to him. I hope for a speedy and successful recovery... He was just growing into the playerhe's "supposed" or "could be" this year too. finally finding his role and learning how to play without fouling.....

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

damn
frown.gif

wow
smh.gif
grin.gif

looks like a freak accident

hopefully he recovers and wins a championship with some other team

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm going to predict this injury will help the Blazers.

Good luck to Greg though.
How the hell would this help them.

I don't understand what stance you're trying to take...

Blazers without Oden > Blazers with Oden?

I disagree.

Blazers are going to get a good draft pick or something because of him being out?

I disagree.
While Oden anchors their defense, I think he clogs the paint. They try force feeding him in the post and it stalls the offense. Now the offenseshould be more free flowing.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Drafting G's and F's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drafting C's.
this...

You draft what you need. The Blazers needed a C not a another SG or SF
Investing a top pick for a big tall injury prone C is only going to bite you in the !!% in the long run... Teams get put into bad positions and do what they do but when it comes down to it, im taking a top guard or forward before im putting a greg oden on my team.

And that is why your not a GM. Greg was not injury prone coming out of collage. I was a Sonic fan so I would of been happy with either player.
I was not saying that Greg specifically was injury prone... Dudes that are 7'0+ are classified medically as giants, and there are a lot ofthings that come with that, knee problems, foot problems etc...

Back
Top Bottom