Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by RodDaNasty

I don't think I slipped at all. I can't take away the history of the Lakers. Nice accomplishments for a classy organization but we're talking about the future now. If we're gonna compare the two, you're right. The Blazers lone title in '77 when most of us weren't even born yet doesn't compare to the 14 titles the Lakers have. However, let's look at the tale of the tape:

-Kobe is 30 and realistically has 2-3 MVP performance years in him and probably 2 more top 5 years after that. He's been playing at a high level since he's been, what, 17? He keeps his body fit and ready but it's not a machine.
-Phil Jackson is no Jerry Sloan and will not coach forever. Although he's very discreet and doesn't like talking about the future, he's considering retiring again after the 09-10 season. (Cause he knows that Championship window is closing)
-Since people want to point out Oden's health, it's safe to say that Bynum is on the same boat.
-Pau is a great player but can't build around him. (See his Vancouver/Memphis days)
-Farmar, Sasha and Ariza are good role players but I believe they're sipping on that Devean George juice and bolt, get paid and find out they are very average players.

Now to the Trailblazers. We've been perennial gatekeepers for the longest. But you can't deny that this team is different. We're no longer the "Too Deep" Blazers with former All-Stars. This team got the wealthiest owner, great personel, old school coaching staff and the second youngest team with all the right pieces. This team will take its lumps but I think they'll benefit the most when the old guard Spurs, Suns and Lakers lose to father time. Roy-Aldridge-Oden maybe the lowest Big 3 in the west right now but in 3 years they will be the gold standard. I think the only thing the Blazers will suffer from is being in a small market.

With that, I think it's now safe to say, in the next decade Oden and the Blazers will be a problem and plan more victory parades than Bynum, the Lakers and ultimately the League.The Lakers are the best team in the west no doubt right now and maybe for the next 2 years. However, these Blazers will be next in line when the Purple Reign is over. To my fellow Blazer fans, what did I say wrong to warrant this disclaimer? Was it the Championship talk or the Oden > Bynum talk? I've been a fan through thick and thicker and even I know not to say something crazy like "we're the best" when Telfair, Reef, and Juan Dixon was our posterboys. Be confident on your team. I think the Superso... I mean the Thunder need some more fans.

Wait wait WAIT.....a second.

1. You're an idiot and naive just like every other Blazer fan out there. You believe the trash that the Oregonian and those terrible Blazer announcers feed you.

2. Your sig...
Portland Trailblazers, Baltimore Ravens, and New York Yankees!

You need to chill the @+%! out and stop slamming an entire fan base. What team are you a fan of? Let me call your city stupid and full of idiotswhen I have no clue about the city. So to you I say

why did this turn into a lakers vs. blazers thread when we really should be discussing how pitiful greg oden is?

i just dropped this scrub from my fantasy team

OG PIC?

DJ -
grin.gif
Most people in Oregon don't know anything about basketball.Those are my experiences from being around the basketball community in the state.

Chester -
laugh.gif
Yeah I know nothing about basketball. Ive never picked upknowledge from anyone Ive been around with.

Jon - You apparently go to Oregon State? That's enough for me.
laugh.gif
Would love for you to tell me something, would make my year. But just so you know...I know a lot about Portland. Ive been around every level of basketball inthe state, from aau-high school-college-pro, and I can say whatever I want about that place. The place is full of people that know NOTHING about basketball. But, they watch the Blazers and feel entitled to an opinion on things they know very little to nothing about. And just for your record, my favorite teams arethe Lakers and the Spurs.

Hence why I even came back into this topic in the first place. Some guy was talking about how you guys are gonna win chip after chip....c'mon now. Yourteam is going to look very different in 4 years. You are going to have three players that are going to command max contracts. Its gonna shake things up. Anddont say "we have the richest owner he will make it happen." (Ive actually heard Blazer fans say that before)...do you have any idea what it wouldtake to have three players on max contracts? Portland doesnt have the market for it...the NBA is a business.

I just dont feel its right to talk about how "In 3 years my team is gonna win this and my team is gonna win that" or "in the next decade we aregoing to put up so many banners"...those are two very uneducated statements and clearly, somone making that sort of a statement doesnt know much aboutabout basketball or even sports in general. The game doesnt work like that.

DJ -
grin.gif
Most people in Oregon don't know anything about basketball. Those are my experiences from being around the basketball community in the state.

Chester -
laugh.gif
Yeah I know nothing about basketball. Ive never picked up knowledge from anyone Ive been around with.

Jon - You apparently go to Oregon State? That's enough for me.
laugh.gif
Would love for you to tell me something, would make my year. But just so you know...I know a lot about Portland. Ive been around every level of basketball in the state, from aau-high school-college-pro, and I can say whatever I want about that place. The place is full of people that know NOTHING about basketball. But, they watch the Blazers and feel entitled to an opinion on things they know very little to nothing about. And just for your record, my favorite teams are the Lakers and the Spurs.

Hence why I even came back into this topic in the first place. Some guy was talking about how you guys are gonna win chip after chip....c'mon now. Your team is going to look very different in 4 years. You are going to have three players that are going to command max contracts. Its gonna shake things up. And dont say "we have the richest owner he will make it happen." (Ive actually heard Blazer fans say that before)...do you have any idea what it would take to have three players on max contracts? Portland doesnt have the market for it...the NBA is a business.

I just dont feel its right to talk about how "In 3 years my team is gonna win this and my team is gonna win that" or "in the next decade we are going to put up so many banners"...those are two very uneducated statements and clearly, somone making that sort of a statement doesnt know much about about basketball or even sports in general. The game doesnt work like that.
If that's your logic than you think everyone in this world is an idiot. I live in LA and everyone thinks the Chargers, Kings, Ducks, Dodgers,Angels, Lakers and Clippers will win everything in the universe. You probably just ran into the worst of the worst homer fans. Although I root for theBlazers, I'm a basketball fan an appreciate the game and all its positives. Never once I said, "Blazers will make a run at the Bulls 72-10record" or "Kobe Bryant sucks" or "Greg Oden will be an All-Star starting center more than Yao." I'm all about the bigger pictureand I believe the Blazers got the highest ceiling and the brightest future. Coincidentally a lot of basketball and sports experts that's NOT located inPortland or Oregon or the Northwest feel the same way. Since you like the Spurs and Lakers didn't they win like the past 7 of 10 Championships? It wassafe to say when these two juggarnauts were locking horns earlier this decade they both will "put up XX amounts of banners" or did you think their"teams will change" and someone else's time will shine? They've pretty much had the same cog in all their Championship runs (Duncan, Manu,TP, Bowen and Shaq, Kobe, Fox, Horry, Fisher sprinkled with role players). As for the three max contracts, you're right that's impossible. Only oneteam I can find has that and that's the Celtics and they traded for that situation. You really think the Blazers will give their Big 3 20+ million eachthan you're "an idiot." Hell your Spurs, who's the gold standard, doesn't even do that. I can see Roy getting up to that max plateau,Oden getting 12-14 and LMA getting 10-12 a year (what do you know? like the Spurs Duncan/TP/Manu respectively). Once again you have no debate and allyou're doing is talking up a storm through your experiences with homer fans. I bet in your mind and logic, you'd win everyday on Around the Horn Mr.Well Versed Business Man.

Chester -
laugh.gif
Yeah I know nothing about basketball. Ive never picked up knowledge from anyone Ive been around with.

Well, at least you're an honest moron. Props for that.
pimp.gif

So back to the OP.
Anyone catch his stat line last night?

21 min. 6 pts, 4 reb, 2 fouls

Someone wanna explain that one to me?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Greg Oden sucks.
....Well at least you're an honest moron.

No, but seriously, Im actually asking for an explanation of what happened during the game. Isnt his limited play usually due to fouls? He didnt have any foultrouble, so Im asking why he didn't play?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Greg Oden sucks.
....Well at least you're an honest moron.

No, but seriously, Im actually asking for an explanation of what happened during the game. Isnt his limited play usually due to fouls? He didnt have any foul trouble, so Im asking why he didn't play?

I listened on the radio for a bit (they will never say a bad word about him) and saw the highlights, but I didn't watch the game. If I had to guess, Iwould say the speed of the game in this one. Dallas prolly went small or something like that. Matchups, etc.

Dampier didn't do too much either, so that's my guess.

i like how OP didn't edit the title after the double-double, but waited until after he had a bad game to change it again...
grin.gif

So back to the OP.

i was at the game last night and he just didnt look like he wanted to play in the 1st half...he started the 3rd and mcmillan pulled him out from what lookedlike lack of effort..

i like how OP didn't edit the title after the double-double, but waited until after he had a bad game to change it again...
grin.gif

i knew someone was going to say that...i wasnt even thinking about the thread, but i saw it was on the 1st page again and i went to the game last night...this thread turned into a blazers/lakers thread. i'm a blazers fan, but what can i really say to a lakers fan? they've owned us this decade, so i have no need to argue w/ them.

yes, he did have a 3 game stretch where he looked good but...he played against the bucks w/o bogut and the wiz w/ blatche guarding him...he did look good against okafor i'll admit..

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

So back to the OP.

i was at the game last night and he just didnt look like he wanted to play in the 1st half...he started the 3rd and mcmillan pulled him out from what looked like lack of effort..

grin.gif

i knew someone was going to say that...i wasnt even thinking about the thread, but i saw it was on the 1st page again and i went to the game last night...this thread turned into a blazers/lakers thread. i'm a blazers fan, but what can i really say to a lakers fan? they've owned us this decade, so i have no need to argue w/ them.

yes, he did have a 3 game stretch where he looked good but...he played against the bucks w/o bogut and the wiz w/ blatche guarding him...he did look good against okafor i'll admit..

Uh, you shorted us a couple decades.
nerd.gif

Sorry, I had too, that was just sitting there out on the tee like that, I couldn't let it go. I'm a weak man.

laugh.gif

he just needs time to develop huh? how much time do you need to be able to grab rebounds and dunk?

hopefully we make the trade for amare so oden can go back to the bench..

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

he just needs time to develop huh? how much time do you need to be able to grab rebounds and dunk?

hopefully we make the trade for amare so oden can go back to the bench..
QFT

Dude is 7 Feet, got leaping ability like a kangaroo and just as long as anybody.

He is terrible at rebounding. He just doesn't understand it.

He is to big now. They need to slim him down, forget building him...let him slim down to something over his HS weight and more like what he came into collegeas (before the injury).... He would move better, and play better defense. Kid was touching over the top of the square then.

gettin hurt and adding the weight he gained i dont think he will be goo tell mid next season

Back
Top Bottom