Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

laugh.gif
i used to be one of those guys that was like "give him time" but the more i see him the more i realize that he's just not a "franchise" center
You've come to this conclusion after Oden's only played about 65 games, only about half of which he has started?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

laugh.gif
i used to be one of those guys that was like "give him time" but the more i see him the more i realize that he's just not a "franchise" center
You've come to this conclusion after Oden's only played about 65 games, only about half of which he has started?
Right now, Oden reminds me of Mbenga
laugh.gif
Maybe he's still injured or out of shape or whatever but he's got a lot to prove next season ifhe's gonna change opinions. How does a 7 footer airball half his shots?

He's the best fouler I have EVER seen. He gets them quicker than our own dedicated foul people with less than half the effort.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Oden: flop of the 2008 NBA draft :/thread
You have to be pretty terrible to be the flop of TWO NBA drafts (check your draft years, bro).

Even though its only his 1st season. This will be a huge off season for him. He needs to lose at least 10lbs, work on his footwork and develop some type ofpost moves. His confidence is already fragile and fans arent going to be as patient next season.

If he spends the summer @ OSU taking culinary classes then i'm going to really question his desire to be great. I have nothing against education, but heneeds to be tutored by ewing or olajuwon this summer.

For some reason, I just dont see this kid being that passionate about the game.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

For some reason, I just dont see this kid being that passionate about the game.
That was a big question mark when he was coming out of college: how much did he care about basketball?

Originally Posted by jville819

how long can this dude develop for? ESPN just won't ever admit that he flat out sucks
he sucked this season, but at least wait for him to play beyond his rookie season to say he "flat out sucks."

not everybody starts succeeding in the league right out of the gate. i could still see Oden becoming a solid Brendan Haywood-type defensive center in thefuture.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

how long can this dude develop for? ESPN just won't ever admit that he flat out sucks
he sucked this season, but at least wait for him to play beyond his rookie season to say he "flat out sucks."

not everybody starts succeeding in the league right out of the gate. i could still see Oden becoming a solid Brendan Haywood-type defensive center in the future.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's what all the celebrations were for in 07 and all the drunks walkin the streets mappin parade routes for future chips for a "BrendanHaywood" type #1 pick?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Why is he immune from any other rookie? Dudes get bust labels put on them all the time after their rookie seasons. It's up to them to shed thelabel...some do...most don't. The fans aren't lying...if somebody looks like %#*#...then they look like %#*#. Greg Oden LOOKS like %#*#. A spade is aspade.

how are you guys going to judge after one year?....it takes big guys longer to develop... most people should have known he wasnt going to do 20 and 10anyway.... dude has been injured and is coming of a serious injury...give him another year to get his footwork and body in shape and then we will see if hes abust.... people are way quick to judge here

Was Shaq a bum year one?
Hakeem?
David?
Duncan?
Zo Mourning?
Mutumbo?
Pat Ewing?

Who are some of these "big men" that start out bums, and then make a crazy jump to elite? I'd like to see these names of elite bigs who startedout as bums.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

how are you guys going to judge after one year?....it takes big guys longer to develop... most people should have known he wasnt going to do 20 and 10 anyway.... dude has been injured and is coming of a serious injury...give him another year to get his footwork and body in shape and then we will see if hes a bust.... people are way quick to judge here

I'm sorry but...son started working out long before the season started. So being out of shape and not having footwork is not attributed to the injury.

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Why is he immune from any other rookie? Dudes get bust labels put on them all the time after their rookie seasons. It's up to them to shed the label...some do...most don't. The fans aren't lying...if somebody looks like %#*#...then they look like %#*#. Greg Oden LOOKS like %#*#. A spade is a spade.

That "Spade" comment got me crackin up....but yah hes trash

Originally Posted by CP1708

not everybody starts succeeding in the league right out of the gate. i could still see Oden becoming a solid Brendan Haywood-type defensive center in the future.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's what all the celebrations were for in 07 and all the drunks walkin the streets mappin parade routes for future chips for a "Brendan Haywood" type #1 pick?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
damn shame my team drafted a brendan todd haywood clone # 1

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's what all the celebrations were for in 07 and all the drunks walkin the streets mappin parade routes for future chips for a "Brendan Haywood" type #1 pick?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
they didn't draft a Haywood clone... but he is not the same player that he was when he got drafted.

because of his injury, his ceiling in the NBA now is probably Brendan Haywood.. who is not a dominant center, but at the same time is a legitimate starter whodoes not suck.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

damn shame your team is the Portland Trailblazers

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

damn shame your team is the Portland Trailblazers

pimp.gif

what's good with him missing that wide open dunk though?

Back
Top Bottom