Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The differences are minimal at best.  And honestly who in the hell is going to be looking at your shoes that closely.  If you want an early release pair or decide to go for a releases date pair it's your choice.  The only problem I see is someone passing off an early release pair off as being a pair they purchased from FTL, EAST BAY, etc... and trying to get over on somebody. Do you and forget what the next man thinks about your kicks.  
I think we need to keep in mind that these are still labeled as Fake/Variant so we should assume they're replicas. I take this as a picture that shows how far replicas have come as opposed to something that supposed to show that they're the same

how is it fake if its made in factory and 100% same materials?

these dont go through QC which is why most look like complete crap.

im not defending them because really im not copping but they are all the same materials, everything except a few minor differences at times which isnt mind blowing.

Don't understand how this is still such a debate. Anything other than what is authorized/blessed by Nike cannot be considered Authentic. It is a very high quality fake. I'm not going to call someone out in the streets if I was able to tell the difference, but dudes here sound just as bad as kids I used to hear bragging about variants being exclusives back in the day!

Love the thread, and I appreciate the comparison pics, but I would prefer to pay Nike's crazy mark-ups than support stolen product. Actually stolen product would prob be more authentic cause it just may have fallen off a truck on the way to a legit retailer...more like Copies to me.

The quality arguments to me anyways, aren't valid.  I've gotten pairs from NDC with bad stitching, damaged boxes, and other little quirks that made them look not so legit.  The only thing that bothers me is IF you are willing to pay above retail nowadays its getting harder to tell the difference btwn these and Authorized pairs.  And if I'm paying someone else via ebay for something I can order myself for less off these other sites I feel like Im getting hustled more than if I'm paying above retail for an RD pair.  I say rock what you like, if I ever came across a GM pair of spacejams with a non blue tinted sole I may have to have a serious inner debate because I'm not spending what ppl are asking for them here, ebay or CL.   

Exactly what I've been saying...

View media item 482326
These are GM...I pm'ed Zyzz and I told him that I was gonna run an experiment and say that these were a Release Date pair and gave X Y Z reasons why they were legit with these so called "legit checks" and no one dared to call them fake or GM. hmmmmm...

how is it fake if its made in factory and 100% same materials?

these dont go through QC which is why most look like complete crap.

im not defending them because really im not copping but they are all the same materials, everything except a few minor differences at times which isnt mind blowing.

Yup. It's all 100% same materials. I have RD space jams from 2009 and like what ninjahood said, its the same *****...

But this can be turned right back around as you have no proof they don't.

/thread

/thread

wait for his excuse to explain that. ive said it plenty of times in this thread but then they come back and repeat the same thing over and over.

explain how they have same materials and everything except minor differences. same air bags, same tech, same materials, same everything. explain bruhs, explain.

explain bruhs. That side by side pic of the toro 4s, how do we know that those aren't straight up $50 fakes? I seen $50 fakes of WC NA 88's and they look horrible, If I had an agenda I could post a side by side of my Release Day 88's and a straight up fugazi pair of 88's and SAY THEY ARE GM to make a point for one side, right?. Look at the latest pic of the toro 4 tongue comparision, hmmmmm....

This thread needs to be closed. People obviously aren't reading if they're still saying "prove they're coming from the same spot". Mods and Admins alike aren't even denying it anymore because Nike talkers with known inside industry connections have blown it all up for us. From Air Randy and his insane connections to Nike actively NOT stopping the production of GM shoes (which they are more than aware of). If you chose to read one page and remain ignorant to everything else that's in this thread go ahead, and base your actions on what you think you know. But keep your ignorance off the page. You're misleading people because you don't know jack **** yourself.

I'd say for the most part we've got all the answers we'll ever find well within the pages of this thread. If a reputable NT member finds any proof that GM shoes are made somewhere else with different materials in different factories then They can start a thread and educate us all. Because bottom line those "GM shoes are fake IMO" comments aren't helping anyone because with out any kind of remotely plausible information to go along with it all it is is your worthless opinion.

This guy knows. Shoot I've even tried. I only have a pair of GM space jams and I bought them for *****s and giggles and maybe make a thread if I found some remotely plausible info I can share and try to educate, but damn. They are exactly like my 09 RD space jams except for iciness of the sole and the box has minor differences as they produced the boxes recently. I.E. (the jumpman on the GM box is a slightly different shade of blue, the ridges on the 2 3 on top of the box isn't that embossed/deep, box tag font is ever so slightly thinner) but the shoes itself is identical.

How is it opinion when we all know 2009 SpaceJams weren't made with blue bottoms soo...it's not opinion it's fact that those are fake ..... By some of you guys logic if they start making there own color ways with authentic materials that's make those real aswell i suppose too huh ?

View media item 482431
View media item 482325
GM. ***waits for online experts to chime in and say, "I been knew those for GM, look at X, Y, and Z!!! It's obvious!!!"

Don't understand how this is still such a debate. Anything other than what is authorized/blessed by Nike cannot be considered Authentic. It is a very high quality fake. I'm not going to call someone out in the streets if I was able to tell the difference, but dudes here sound just as bad as kids I used to hear bragging about variants being exclusives back in the day!

Love the thread, and I appreciate the comparison pics, but I would prefer to pay Nike's crazy mark-ups than support stolen product. Actually stolen product would prob be more authentic cause it just may have fallen off a truck on the way to a legit retailer...more like Copies to me.

I thought the whole authentic vs authorized discussion was over but I guess not.

Okay, I'll define authentic one more time.

Authentic: undisputed origin, genuine; made or done in the traditional or original way.

Authenticity to speaks to the actual product itself. They have the same orgin, made in the same place, by the same people, with the same molds/tech packs, and most importantly the same materials. Same undisputed orgin. Authorization has no bearing on the physical tangible shoe or how its made. once the shoe is green lit by nikes quality control, it doesnt magically transform into an "authentic shoe". Illegal, unauthorized, illegitimate; yes. "High quality fake" or "non authentic" by definition, no.

GM. ***waits for online experts to chime in and say, "I been knew those for GM, look at X, Y, and Z!!! It's obvious!!!"
Look at the cut on that sole ... the curve near the carbin fiber and the sole

900x900px-LL-d3944cc9_20130705_141622.jpeg

The patent leather cut is considerably higher than my Footaction pair.

some of you are not understanding that NO two pairs of J's are equal, almost 99% of the Js you buy from NDC, FTL.FNL all are diffrent is some small tiny way. (I bought two pairs of Bred XI from JJ and I can 100% confirm both pairs had some differences)

GM or retail, only thing making yours "official" is a piece of paper. 

Bottom line, no one is ever spotting GM's on feet. 

And Fakes/Replica are not the same as GM. 

I still wanna know how gm pairs are fakes if sneakerape says there 100 percent real and nt is sponsored by them does anyone have the answer to that?

LOL patent leather cut again?

how many pairs even come with the same height....

oh yea, every pair is pretty much different, case and point. i remember the concord xi thread, when they dropped bunch complained how they had low cuts from retailers. mine from NDC were damn near perfect

if you bring up patent leather height then you dont know what your talking about. its been said a million times, it means NOTHING

Is there a specific website source all these shoes are coming from or just random people working overnight at the factory?

Ok. I got you, but what do you have to say bout these? Patent cut is lower than Shane Battier's hairline:

View media item 484682
View media item 484683
Debunked

LOL patent leather cut again?

how many pairs even come with the same height....

oh yea, every pair is pretty much different, case and point. i remember the concord xi thread, when they dropped bunch complained how they had low cuts from retailers. mine from NDC were damn near perfect

if you bring up patent leather height then you dont know what your talking about. its been said a million times, it means NOTHING

Exactly. I've seen my buddies playoff XI's from NDC with stupid low patent cuts and my pairs from NDC and CT with considerably higher cuts. Mine are fake? Even with reciepts, order confirmations, ship confirmations? Should I slander ndc and ct for sending me fakes?

Really considering those Royals posted a few pages back, still not sure how I feel about the whole situation tho

Exactly like you said, you just "don't understand."  A very high quality fake is an item that is made to appear otherwise than it actually is...essentially counterfeit.  GM sneakers do not fit that definition at all.  They just skip QC and go out the back door.  So the only statement you could make, is that you feel because the sneakers skip QC that they are now deemed fake in your opinion, which has the word take on a new and different meaning.

Also, the product isn't "stolen."  JB puts in an order and it gets filled.  To steal something would be to steal a portion of that order.  What you are saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, how exactly do we "sound just as bad as kids bragging about variants"?  Who is bragging in this thread?  What exactly are they bragging about?  Please I would really love for you to point that out to me.  

Last edited:
how dont they :lol:

are they not the same materials? i dont see the $50-$100 fakes even come close to using the same materials, same colors, same carbon fiber.

the answer is obvious. you dont have to consider them 100% real. but everything in the shoe is 100% nike material same thing as you would order from NDC just the workmanship is complete trash most of the time.

probably the only seller who actually will send you a 100% quality product would be SU
Same materials boy the blue soles sure look different....you been talking on this subject just like ninja and have yet to provide substantial proof other then same materials guess you got pairs to compare?? Know of anybody working there?

I'm sure there are GM pairs but what most of you are buying are high quality fakes.....

Back when hatatakashi or whatever was up the shoes were damn near 200 as well so your price point argument is lame....

The fact that you act like a 15 year old shoe that's worth about 25 usd can't be replicated down to a T shows how simplistic your thinking is.....They don't have to be GM to look good it's a shoe not a Mac air book or something with moving parts

So I ask you why can't there be an EXACT replica of something as simple as a shoe that's based of the same construction that's been used before either of us were even thought of

how dont they :lol:

are they not the same materials? i dont see the $50-$100 fakes even come close to using the same materials, same colors, same carbon fiber.

the answer is obvious. you dont have to consider them 100% real. but everything in the shoe is 100% nike material same thing as you would order from NDC just the workmanship is complete trash most of the time.

probably the only seller who actually will send you a 100% quality product would be SU
Same materials boy the blue soles sure look different....you been talking on this subject just like ninja and have yet to provide substantial proof other then same materials guess you got pairs to compare?? Know of anybody working there?

I'm sure there are GM pairs but what most of you are buying are high quality fakes.....

Back when hatatakashi or whatever was up the shoes were damn near 200 as well so your price point argument is lame....

The fact that you act like a 15 year old shoe that's worth about 25 usd can't be replicated down to a T shows how simplistic your thinking is.....They don't have to be GM to look good it's a shoe not a Mac air book or something with moving parts

So I ask you why can't there be an EXACT replica of something as simple as a shoe that's based of the same construction that's been used before either of us were even thought of

why cant their be an exact replica? because its expensive. the factories are selling them for cheap. where are they getting zoom air insoles? are they making those too? Lulz

carbon fiber is expensive as well

stop it bro, the materials and tech in these shoes are all 100% real.

Expensive lol your so simple minded just like Nike can order materials so can anybody else with phones and money....come on just admit your argument is flawed

Expensive lol your so simple minded just like Nike can order materials so can anybody else with phones and money....come on just admit your argument is flawed

mine is flawed? what about yours...

LOL im saying carbon fiber is expensive. Look at how much sellers on taobao are selling shoes for. how much do you think they paid for them? not much. you think these factories are making shoes to sell to sellers with authentic materials and expensive ones at that for $20 a pair?

you do know on Jordans nike is getting $80-90 a pair from retailers. and 100% profit on retail pairs from NDC..

please stop

Everything on a shoe can be replicated get over it....high quality fakes.....it's fabrics and leathers and relatively simple tech....I know it may seem impossible but to you but they make fake hearts that keep humans alive....making a fake shoes doesn't take an Einstein just someone with a basic
Know how and will and
Molds...

LOL im saying carbon fiber is expensive. Look at how much sellers on taobao are selling shoes for. how much do you think they paid for them? not much. you think these factories are making shoes to sell to sellers with authentic materials and expensive ones at that for $20 a pair?

you do know on Jordans nike is getting $80-90 a pair from retailers. and 100% profit on retail pairs from NDC..

please stop

I don't care what they charge retailers shoe is about 25 dollars period...your expensive argument is weak.....even if it
Cost 25 more
To replicate and they sell for close to over retail they win....

Everything on a shoe can be replicated get over it....high quality fakes.....it's fabrics and leathers and relatively simple tech....I know it may seem impossible but to you but they make fake hearts that keep humans alive....making a fake shoes doesn't take an Einstein just someone with a basic
Know how and will and
Molds...

then how come the $80 fakes are so damn cheap with no air in them and straight up plastic?

if its so easy and cheap then why dont they do it?

explain?

proof?

explain?

once more, please post proof of your finding? at least what most of us say makes sense and others who know more than anyone else basically confirmed it.

if you arent gonna post proof and explain then dont bother answering. thanks and take care.

please stop

I don't care what they charge retailers shoe is about 25 dollars period...your expensive argument is weak.....even if it
Cost 25 more
To replicate and they sell for close to over retail they win....

proof?

oh wait..

go find a source who makes zoom air and full zoom air insoles and sells them plus authentic nike carbon fiber. and while were at it find the supplier who nike uses for leather and sockliners and see what they charge,

if you are able to order all these authentic parts for a supplier then we can close this thread up and i will stop posting on NT for ever. DEAD SRS

you say its so cheap and easy, i mean you have a phone, computer, and a internet connection. im sure you can EASILY find these suppliers and get the info... correct? then please go do it and prove everyone wrong.

ill wait

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom