Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know what you're talking about. I tend to stay away from them because of the very high markup. 

It's much cheaper to get an agent and buy from the source itself than to get them from rep sites. 

They can consolidate your purchases and send you pictures before they ship them out.

Sellers won't also try to give you  fakes or ugly pairs because they know that you can easily return them.
Man, every agent site I've come across, after all the math, comes out to the same as the rep sites.  Only reason I copped the black grapes GM was because they were on a ridiculous sale, relatively speaking, when they first dropped in the US.  There's no way I could cop for the prices I see right now.

The Doernbecher 3s will supposedly be coming out next week. How come we haven't seen any on sale on the grey market? 
The reps have been just released and look pretty dead on. It's only a matter of time before the "authentics" are released as well.

I noticed the GM Royals are suddenly available in most sizes. Great price too.

Last edited:
because pretty much the DB's were a QS and ill guess very limited. if they do come out on the GM market it wont be for awhile. and even then they will be expensive as hell most likely.

Zyzz, this actually made me go and open my OG Jams, and I'll correct part of my statement. OG Jams still actually have more of a bump at the top of the toebox, however, the GMs have a similar flat sole than the curved 2009 pair.

Honestly, I hated the 2009's, so I sold mine, and I'll give the GM shops credit for "correcting" the sole shape, however, still I'm pointing out the inconsistencies of the GM shoe. In that, IF they are using the same mold to produce 2009 Space Jams, why aren't all of these technical aspects matching up? Yes, there are flaws between retail released pairs, but not shape-wise. Every 2009 retail pair that I've seen at least had the same curved sole! I've seen extra glue, dents to midsole, marks on patent leather, but the sole never changed.

The shape of their new Space Jams are more like the shape of the 2011 Concords, though they are technically marketed as the 2009 Space Jams. If they're using the 2011 Concord mold to sell Space Jams, are they still Authentic Space Jams? C'mon.

Thank you .... How are they the same molds if there completely different shape than the 2009 no matter how you slice it there fake

Thank you .... How are they the same molds if there completely different shape than the 2009 no matter how you slice it there fake

I never really noticed the curve in my CDP or Space jam 11s ill have to check when I get off of work.

And by same molds they mean the molds currently being used by the most recent 11s such as the concords and the breds, which apparently have no curve.

I never really noticed the curve in my CDP or Space jam 11s ill have to check when I get off of work.

And by same molds they mean the molds currently being used by the most recent 11s such as the concords and the breds, which apparently have no curve.

Pics below of the sole differences. Now, again just asking, when a GM shop markets Space Jams with Blue Box insert, Blue Shoe Tree, etc, they should be 2009 Space Jams, right? So, the mold should be from the 2009 shoe with the same shape. Clearly, this isn't happening because they are shaped more like Concords with flat soles. Basically, they're using the Space Jam material and building it around a Concord mold...How Can This Still Be Authentic (No BS about just using materials)? Authentic should be true to the designer's intention.

Retail 2009 Space Jam with Curved Sole:
View media item 487503
Retail 2011 Concord with Flat Sole similar to current GM Space Jams:
View media item 487504

Wait a minute....LOOK AT THE LEATHER ANKLE MATERIAL WHERE IT MEETS PATENT LEATHER on the flight club pic. APPARENTLY those are fake because there is "TOO MUCH SPACE" there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pics below of the sole differences. Now, again just asking, when a GM shop markets Space Jams with Blue Box insert, Blue Shoe Tree, etc, they should be 2009 Space Jams, right? So, the mold should be from the 2009 shoe with the same shape. Clearly, this isn't happening because they are shaped more like Concords with flat soles. Basically, they're using the Space Jam material and building it around a Concord mold...How Can This Still Be Authentic (No BS about just using materials)? Authentic should be true to the designer's intention.

Retail 2009 Space Jam with Curved Sole:
View media item 487503
Retail 2011 Concord with Flat Sole similar to current GM Space Jams:
View media item 487504

Clearly grey market shoe with the "curved" toe View media item 487532
View media item 487569
I think the issue people have is with the word "authentic". I'll define it for the 23rd time.

Authentic: undisputed origin, genuine; made or done in the traditional or original way.

Authenticity to speaks to the actual product itself. They have the same orgin, made in the same place, by the same people, with the same molds/tech packs, and most importantly the same materials. Same undisputed orgin. Authorization has no bearing on the physical tangible shoe or how its made. once the shoe is green lit by nikes quality control, it doesnt magically transform into an "authentic shoe". Illegal, unauthorized, illegitimate; yes. "High quality fake" or "non authentic" by definition, no.

Authentic and authorized are 2 different entities. If Michael Jordan himself buys his own personal once nike contracted factory in Asia where he tells them to make his own personal shoes to his own personal preferences, would you call them fake? Jordan himself doesn't own the copy rights or intellectual property of the shoes, but if he wanted a pair made for himself and did it without asking Nike, would you not consider the. Authentic? I would.

Last edited:
This threads pretty long. Anyone have a cliff note version of royal gm info and where i can find it? I have multiple legit pairs and want to see where i can maintain thier integrity.

Last edited:
Clearly grey market shoe with the "curved" toe View media item 487532
View media item 487569

Got me on the sole shape, though I do have issues with the first pictured pair (blue sole). I have seen RossR79's pairs as well, and never trusted these either. I remembered my 09's having more of a clear sole, and his have more of the blue tint, so I felt these were replicas. People buying them for $350+ smh.

Also, I'm fine with GM existing, and people wearing them. I'm not fine with people calling them real/authentic because of people in the know. Until Nike qualifies them, they're replicas.

Last edited:
Got me on the sole shape, though I do have issues with the first pictured pair (blue sole). I have seen RossR79's pairs as well, and never trusted these either. I remembered my 09's having more of a clear sole, and his have more of the blue tint, so I felt these were replicas. People buying them for $350+ smh.

Also, I'm fine with GM existing, and people wearing them. I'm not fine with people calling them real/authentic because of people in the know. Until Nike qualifies them, they're replicas.

I just chose the one with blue soles to emphasize that they were GM shoes. There are plenty GM space jams with clear soles and the same shape. So that leads me to believe that curve also varies from pair to pair.

There's a clear cut definition for replicas/variants and GM shoes do not fit that definition.

Last edited:
blue soles arent much of an indication either, i dyed my jams soles blue and got them from footlocker so someone could dye them easily.

I go with the mentality that everyone is wearing unauthorized authentics and your shoes are FAKE until you show me the RECEIPT. come at me bro.

Some GM's look great, but with these sites only accepting Western Union it's easy to get screwed with a crappy pair...

How come the GM is flooded with Black Grape 5s when they are a QS?

those werent a QS :rofl:

we knew about those for months...

we just found out about the DB's a week ago and got confirmed last night and release in less than 2 weeks. now thats a QS

those werent a QS
roll.gif

we just found out about the DB's a week ago and got confirmed last night and release in less than 2 weeks. now thats a QS
Those black grapes were confirmed as a QS.

But hasn't it been said on these forums many times that a QS release really doesn't determine the type of numbers that are produced?  Regardless, I think there is a big difference between the type of QS release you are talking about and a seriously limited release like the DB 3's.  Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I had to name this release I would call it "You Get None" instead of a QS.  By only releasing the sneaker through Niketown RSVP and Nike.com, the bots will get every last one.

Last edited:
those werent a QS :rofl:

The black grapes were a quick strike. A QS shoe isn't given the label QS based on production numbers. A QS shoe is a shoe that wasn't originally planned when the release schedule is set up but is added at a later point. Production of QS shoes takes place in between the production runs of other previously determined shoes. It's because of the restricting production schedule that QS shoes usually have lower production numbers. But if time permitted a QS could have as many as 500k like the bred 11s. Also keep in mind We at Nike talk didn't get any word of a potential black grape release until almost 2 full months after the production of these shoes even started according to my pair of black grapes which has a production date of January. It is possible that production started before that as well. There are tons of shoes we here about way before we even see images.

If the DB re release is limited to let's say 10k pairs world wide, it's because there probably was only enough time to make that 10k between the production run of other shoes on the already established schedule.

Last edited:
Thread rules;

If you want to keep this thread open we must have a mature discussion, no use of profanity no personal attacks on another member. Don't post links to any grey market websites.

for this my bad MODS!

I go with the mentality that everyone is wearing unauthorized authentics and your shoes are FAKE until you show me the RECEIPT. come at me bro.
so when i buy an authentic retail pair and a GM/fake pair of the same shoes and the same size and show you the receipt you would buy no questions, ill keep that in mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom