Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how you look at em, In my head its hard to pay over $110 for a pair of Jordan 1s. I never could do it, with dunks being $85. So minus the hype around the shoe $200 is a pass for me even if they was directly from Nike.com. However if I was willing to pay $400 for them 200 would be a steal and I would take my chances. I would never pay that for a pair off 1s tho
$140 is just what it is nowadays sadly but Jordan's used to be $150 + tax so price increase all around. The hype is nice looking shoe of my favorite jay. Only b other royal blue ones came out over a decade ago or the low phat version

looking through some sites i have come to the conclusion that the XI will never be a shoe that should be bought through these GM sites, now the 1 and other shoes are very easy to pass as good GM shoes but the XIs still seem to have too many problems. Even with the pics they give you its a crap shoot until you get them in hand.

looking through some sites i have come to the conclusion that the XI will never be a shoe that should be bought through these GM sites, now the 1 and other shoes are very easy to pass as good GM shoes but the XIs still seem to have too many problems. Even with the pics they give you its a crap shoot until you get them in hand.
Yo man, if you gonna say stuff like that in this thread atleast have some pictures and facts to prove it. Instead of giving your opinions. We are all here together to learning more about GM pairs. 

Yo man, if you gonna say stuff like that in this thread atleast have some pictures and facts to prove it. Instead of giving your opinions. We are all here together to learning more about GM pairs. 
i dont have any pictures to back it up but with reviews online from other people who have bought they seem to have about a 50 50 chance of having a pair that has something that might bother a collector (a regular joe wouldnt care) but the point i was heading for was that with PL, leather and multiple different types of materials it just seems more likely to get a decent to bad pair where as if you go grab a pair of royals from them (which is leather and rubber pretty much) you stand a better chance of getting a better product. actually looking into it makes me more likely to not buy any XIs so i dont waste money on a crap pair, although if you use an agent they will send you pics of the actual product so im guessing that could help weed through horrible pairs but even with pics you will not see the minor flaws and they will always be different in your hands. If i grab a pair i will let you know and show pics for sure and if i do i might get a pair that i already have and if they look good i will sell my authentic pair, or not and have nice beaters lol

i dont have any pictures to back it up but with reviews online from other people who have bought they seem to have about a 50 50 chance of having a pair that has something that might bother a collector (a regular joe wouldnt care) but the point i was heading for was that with PL, leather and multiple different types of materials it just seems more likely to get a decent to bad pair where as if you go grab a pair of royals from them (which is leather and rubber pretty much) you stand a better chance of getting a better product. actually looking into it makes me more likely to not buy any XIs so i dont waste money on a crap pair, although if you use an agent they will send you pics of the actual product so im guessing that could help weed through horrible pairs but even with pics you will not see the minor flaws and they will always be different in your hands. If i grab a pair i will let you know and show pics for sure and if i do i might get a pair that i already have and if they look good i will sell my authentic pair, or not and have nice beaters lol
just for the hell of it, i seen a site that had paypal protection 2 weeks ago, figured i would try a pair of jams out to see how they were. To me they were horrible, i compared them to my old jams, concords and breds and they werent even close. ill post some HQ pics tomorrow

I do not agree w/ saying all XI are bad. only the space jams are the only XI that need work w/ the blue soles. other than that these are the exact same shoe youd find at a retail store.
I just got in my GM pairs, first time ordering them. I got a pair of Breds, Concords, and Space Jams.

just for the hell of it, i seen a site that had paypal protection 2 weeks ago, figured i would try a pair of jams out to see how they were. To me they were horrible, i compared them to my old jams, concords and breds and they werent even close. ill post some HQ pics tomorrow

you probably bought some straight up fakes

GUYS WHO ARE BUYING FROM RSTOR BEWARE!!! My agent sent me these photo's from taobao rstor and i need you guys figuring this out. 

There is a Jordan tag on the shoe and the box is different!!!

m9u795.jpg

2nl8dc7.jpg

262r0he.jpg

33zad6p.jpg
2ilfok4.jpg

4q6h68.jpg
2jfkio5.jpg

Last edited:
GUYS WHO ARE BUYING FROM RSTOR BEWARE!!! My agent sent me these photo's from taobao rstor and i need your figuring this out. 

There is a Jordan tag on the shoe and the box is different!

262r0he.jpg

What's wrong?

Maybe he got scared because they came with a Nike Air Tag?

Last edited:
Damn yo, i think gonna return it and get another pair. The toe part, the box and the jordan arm tag is bugging me. The agent will help me get the correct box and request a pair with the correct toe.  

2itjus6.jpg

Last edited:
Damn yo, i think gonna return it and get another pair. The toe part, the box and the jordan arm tag is bugging me. The agent will help me get the correct box and request a pair with the correct toe.  

2itjus6.jpg
some variants/gm its obvious on the toe box

saw this on the lc
Hey, I need yall opnions. I got this from a new connect. They look legit, but nowadays you never know. Thanks NT fam.

This is my first legit check so let me know if you need more pics.

the toe thing on those royals seems like you could have gotten that pair anywhere or that the shoe snuck through QC but the box not being the same sucks, if it were me and i wasnt in it to resell i would rock the heck out of those royals for what they are charging (depending on your agent) but if it bothers you i would have the agent send them back.

the toe thing on those royals seems like you could have gotten that pair anywhere or that the shoe snuck through QC but the box not being the same sucks, if it were me and i wasnt in it to resell i would rock the heck out of those royals for what they are charging (depending on your agent) but if it bothers you i would have the agent send them back.

That's what I wonder myself, what are your intentions with buying these shoes. If your wearing them and not collecting or reselling, nobody's gonna trip out over some toebox corner imperfection. Pretty sure there's b-grades out there with the same flaw.

yeah the box is air jordan chicago.i got the aget to return this pait and have them send me with a correct box and requesting to have the toe box leather out a bit. ill update you guys again when she get the new pair.

and yeah someone said they dont think the agent ordered from rstor... let see how the other pair look when it arrives

Last edited:
yeah the box is air jordan chicago.i got the aget to return this pait and have them send me with a correct box and requesting to have the toe box leather out a bit. ill update you guys again when she get the new pair.

and yeah someone said they dont think the agent ordered from rstor... let see how the other pair look when it arrives
Good luck to you.

I hope it's just an isolated incident.

The agent probably tried to pull a fast one.  

get an agent who will buy from whatever site you want so you know which one you are getting and the price they should be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom