Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where everyone is coming from .. but in the end all that really matters is who ever paid for the shoes and is wearing them is happy. whether they paid under retail over retail or reseller rape price.

If the buyer is 100% satisfied with what they spent their money on then good for them.
Honestly, the pair you bought from FTL FNL CHM EB NDC etc could be grey market?

an employee or manager could be doing business out the back you wouldnt know unless the differences were significant enough to say it wasnt simple JB error

someone could have bought 10 pairs in bulk and got a discount below retail, also buy pairs from retail stores return the GMs for their money back .. its all what its

BUT WHAT IF? 

^^^^^^^ This.

I remember reading a few pages back or in another thread that a mgr at some store got busted for doing this exact thing.  Selling his own stock of fakes and/or grey market pairs with the stores inventory.

To each his own.

I can't believe that someone actually posted some links to a grey market site after all of the discussion we have had and how many times the rules have been mentioned.
mean.gif

From the first page:

"We don't want anyone promoting or discussing where to obtain "unauthorized" products that may or may not have illegally originated from Nike-contracted factories."
So ____ is GM?

Last edited:
I wish I had more pics and more details, but the way i came across this pic was completely accidental... at a RESELLER/consignment

SHOP in clt, nc, and a dude comes up with the std nike box talking 'bout "you're not gonna believe what i got..."

these...

View media item 436030
they don't drop until september.
i misspoke when i posted this... if you check house of hoops release calendar, these are set to drop June 29th.  So it's very possible thse are authorized/legit, but it's also very possible that they are grey market or even flat out fakes.

I don't have more pics or details to show everyone, but I just wanted to correct my earlier post (unless the ftl hoh page is wrong about the release date -- wouldn't surprise me b/c the ftl release calender and the hoh release calendar are sometimes not in sync).

I can't believe that someone actually posted some links to a grey market site after all of the discussion we have had and how many times the rules have been mentioned. :smh:

From the first page:

"We don't want anyone promoting or discussing where to obtain "unauthorized" products that may or may not have illegally originated from Nike-contracted factories."

Nah, I edited my post. I don't know if it is or not. The line is so blurry these days. It says on the first page not to talk about where to get grey market kicks. I am sure that there are some in the legit check thread tho. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I edited my post. I don't know if it is or not. The line is so blurry these days. It says on the first page not to talk about where to get grey market kicks. I am sure that there are some in the legit check thread tho.
roll.gif
Yea I saw that haha ... that box thing does sound iffy tho

...........CAV 4, BLACK GRAPE, TORO 4  and OREGON 3 PE GREY MARKET ALERT.........

This just checked my local clist here in Houston their is a Clist seller with Cav 4s for sale for like 240, and he has practically a FSR.  Checked his phone number in the search engine and you guessed it guy has xi space jam, concords, and cool greys also the toro 4's, black grapes and what is even more scary 2 PAIR of air JORDAN 3 OREGON PE's for like 1400.00!!!!  Also did a cross check and found this guy on ebay.  You guessed it, he's selling all jordan xi's and the shoes listed above!!! He already has 4 negative feedbacks, 3 from selling fake DB 4's and a fake pair of oregon PE's!!!  SINCE BUYERS CAUGHT ON TO THE DB4 SCHEME HE STOPPED SELLING THOSE......Based on his feedback history he has sold so many jordan xi's it's insane, but what is worse these guys mix in their sales authentic retail pairs with grey market pairs. Please BEWARE...

MODS I don't want to advertise this guy but want to send out a warning to any newbies or anyone that is trying to buy any of the above shoes.  With a little research you can find this guy on clist and if you want to find his ebay ID do your own search under Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 Oregon Promo Sample...HE HAS 2 PAIR FOR SALE AND HAS ALREADY SOLD 2 PAIR AND GOT A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR ONE OF THEM!!!!!  

[font=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]SAD THING IS HE HAS BEEN ON EBAY SINCE 2001 ONLY 1 YEAR AFTER I JOINED...[/font][font=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS].[/font]

[font=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]AND TRUTH IS THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE LIKE HIM...[/font]

[font=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]NOW THERE ARE GREY MARKET PE'S (MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED)..... YOU BETTER THINK TWICE BEFORE DROPPING 1500.00 + ON THESE NOW!!!!!!! NO WAY A RANDOM SELLER IS JUST SITTING ON 4-5 OF THESE IN THE SAME COLORWAY DS IN PROMO BOXES SIZES 9.5 THRU 12......AND HE JUST SO HAPPENS TO HAVE ALL XI'S AND JORDAN V BLACK GRAPE AND TORO'S....[/font]

Last edited:
I found him. The worst part, he's making a small fortune. If it looks to good to be true it normally is.

He most likely copped of taobao or one of the AAA sites (hiphopiop, good seller, etc) and was looking for a come up.

I ran into a guy like that on eBay selling CGXIs. I only caught him because of the GS pairs and their obvious differences from the legit.

They were the definition of a grey market pair from the best unauthorized Nike sellers (rstor & kinstor) and they were fakes...high quality but fakes none the less.

I'm starting to realize that unauthorized doesn't necessarily equate to being fake but if they're unauthorized & out of production they are absolutely fake as they are merely replicas of the real shoe.

He most likely copped of taobao or one of the AAA sites (hiphopiop, good seller, etc) and was looking for a come up.

I ran into a guy like that on eBay selling CGXIs. I only caught him because of the GS pairs and their obvious differences from the legit.

They were the definition of a grey market pair from the best unauthorized Nike sellers (rstor & kinstor) and they were fakes...high quality but fakes none the less.

I'm starting to realize that unauthorized doesn't necessarily equate to being fake but if they're unauthorized & out of production they are absolutely fake as they are merely replicas of the real shoe.
What exactly do you mean by unauthorized AND out of production? 

Last edited:
Well, mostly all (99%) unauthorized pairs come from taobao sellers. Those taobao sellers offer early pairs like Toro 4s and also offer out of production CGs SJs & concords and the like of high profile releases.

So I don't necessarily consider Early unauthorized pairs as fake, but out of production pairs I consider to be replicas of the real.

Well, mostly all (99%) unauthorized pairs come from taobao sellers. Those taobao sellers offer early pairs like Toro 4s and also offer out of production CGs SJs & concords and the like of high profile releases.

So I don't necessarily consider Early unauthorized pairs as fake, but out of production pairs I consider to be replicas of the real.
Many people have proven that their are plenty of GM kicks that stand up quality wise to the release retail pairs, whether produced within or outside of the production period. Comparing rstor and kinstor to good seller is just ridiculous they dont sell the same product at all. good seller sells blatant replicas. you can see the inferior quality in their stock photos no one would be able to make any kind of come up from a site that sells products like that. There are only 3 situations where i can possibly explain what you saw/interpreted.

1. Either you saw the GS pair and were using the standards we generally use to differentiate mens size pairs

2. It was early release pair. Now i have  no direct proof of this but my theory is that early release pairs will look off before the factories can get their hands on an official release pair and they make adjustments accordingly for future production runs. But thats just speculations

3. Yous simply saw a bad pair.

But one thing is for sure kinstor and rstor do not equate to a AAA quality site. They sell a completely different caliber of product. Seems like people are starting to over generalize again. 

Last edited:
I wasn't equating the two obviously, just saying that things like that occur frequently and fakes of varying quality can come from different places.

However nearly all high quality pairs come from taobao sites, that's where the seller I mentioned had obtained his pairs from.

It's silly to suggest that a sneaker that is three years out of production and is still available in a FSR for a little over retail or amongst retail priced high profile kicks is real. You're kidding yourself if you think that there aren't blatant and obvious differences between a GM Space jam purchased last week and a pair purchased on RD. you can't buy a SJXI GM without a blue sole now, obviously different than RDs clear sole.

Patent leather cuts, placement, color and material differences appear as well in all of the shoes.

A RD concord and one purchased today from a GM seller would not be identical.

I wasn't equating the two obviously, just saying that things like that occur frequently and fakes of varying quality can come from different places.

However nearly all high quality pairs come from taobao sites, that's where the seller I mentioned had obtained his pairs from.

It's silly to suggest that a sneaker that is three years out of production and is still available in a FSR for a little over retail or amongst retail priced high profile kicks is real. You're kidding yourself if you think that there aren't blatant and obvious differences between a GM Space jam purchased last week and a pair purchased on RD. you can't buy a SJXI GM without a blue sole now, obviously different than RDs clear sole.

Patent leather cuts, placement, color and material differences appear as well in all of the shoes.

Newsflash: There aren't aside from the blue tinted sole. And that will fade after time anyway. Oh wait, you must be one of those guys that's cool with paying 500 dollars for sneakers with piss yellow soles. lol

P.S. what happens when JB re-releases the Space Jam with blue tinted soles. Because you know it's gonna happen. Then you're the genius stuck with an old *** sneaker with piss yellow soles that are worth nothing! Oh the ironing!

Last edited:

Have you read this thread from the beginning? I'm going to assume not because all of these issues have been discussed in excess and in detail. These shoes are in fact made from the same EXACT materials as the release pairs and that is for a fact proven countless times within the 49 pages of this thread. And you are also wrong in assuming ALL GM space jams come with blue tinted sole. There are plenty of GM space jams on youtube and on ebay which are clearly GM but not identifiable by patent leather cut, jumpman or 23 placement but ONLY identifiable by the icyness of the soles.if youve had the opportunity to exam any 2 or more pairs of concords youd know that all of these vary across shoes. I own 3 pairs of release concords, 2 from finishline and one from crooked tongue and neither of them look exactly the same. Albeit there are some GM pairs that are worse that others but how is that any Different from the standards of release pairs? Quality is always different among A-grade and there are some that clearly worse than others. Ive already posted this but ill post again because you obviously havent gone back and read this thread.

below are 4 separate pairs of concords. I wont say which, but by niketalks "standards" 1 or more of the pairs are retail and one or more of the pairs are grey market. Please tell me which ones are which since they are clearly different? And post reasons why as well

It has already been established that what makes these shoes "wrong" isnt a question of craftmanship, materials, or quality (for the most part). Its the fact that they are morally questionable and illegal to produce. There is a boatload of valuable information in this thread i suggest you read, learn, AND THEN comment.

Last edited:
Just some examples of the many clear soled GM space jams that can be found all over ebay. ill do best to separate pics by the pair. (Sorry for the over kill guys, just trying to make a point.)

%24T2eC16h,!)kE9s4,Bu(mBRpQyMR-Sg~~60_12.JPG
%24(KGrHqJ,!mIFGHm-d1F2BRpQyPQQhg~~60_12.JPG

pair 2

%24T2eC16h,!ykE9s7tyfiTBRrND8FTt!~~60_57.JPG

%24(KGrHqN,!lEFGpOk8QhuBRrNER((-Q~~60_57.JPG

pair 3

%24(KGrHqF,!k8FF-1ZOZybBRkUBtNPcw~~60_57.JPG

%24T2eC16N,!zQE9s3sr(9cBRkUBoRW1w~~60_57.JPG

Catch my drift?

Last edited:
So GM Jordan's are now made with real leather? I got duped on two pair and both were fake leather. III's that looked like leather and of course the fake IV's that were suppose to be suede. I have never seen XI's GM. I usually feel for that real thick Jordan leather like the 1's. no questioning the real ness. Please tell me I can still do this?

So GM Jordan's are now made with real leather? I got duped on two pair and both were fake leather. III's that looked like leather and of course the fake IV's that were suppose to be suede. I have never seen XI's GM. I usually feel for that real thick Jordan leather like the 1's. no questioning the real ness. Please tell me I can still do this?
Hate to break it to you but not even Release day official pairs are made with high quality leather anymore. GM pairs are made with whatever materials release pairs are made of. Are you sure you didnt order replicas?
So those are legit? With the bottoms being off?
Interms of the material thay theyre made of and how theyre constructed, yes they are legit. What do you mean by the bottoms being off? Because theyre not yellowing like the pairs from 2009 already have?

I bought the III's before this GM thing started/or well known, almost 10 years ago. I owned the 1st released III's in white n cement, and the 2nd release in white n cement & blk n cement. I wanted the tru blues. One day hopped on the net.. Low and behold, a website popped up with them for $50 bucks or so. Ran down to the K-Mart, did a money wire.. I KNOW I KNOW.. I was like a kid at Christmas though and again you never really heard of fake.. Well two weeks later they arrived.. They looked real but the material was day and nite. My real ones were the thick soft leather and these were thin and not even sure what is was. Looked real but not close.. Only others were fours that I knew we're bogus but temptation to the best of me. Needless to say that site was gone a week and I bought them and the rest is history.. Never did it again. Only by from stores, eBay people I trust and in person...

Sorry. The picture that shows both bottoms are off. Not color. The three white circles n the 2 blue heel pieces also.. I am by no means an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom