Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, how many times do cats gotta put this

Issue to bed already? :lol: like i said before da

Only thing this is hurting is resellers who depend

On obscene profits....nike to a point too but they

Cant control what they dont make themselves and

Depend on outsource independent contractors...

Jesus, how many times do cats gotta put this

Issue to bed already? :lol: like i said before da

Only thing this is hurting is resellers who depend

On obscene profits....nike to a point too but they

Cant control what they dont make themselves and

Depend on outsource independent contractors...
this is not hurting resellers at all, if it was they would lower their prices already (which hasnt happened) plus the people selling these things are resellers by the nature that they get shoes for retail or lower and still sell these GM shoes for rape prices. it only slightly puts more shoes into a market that needs more shoes than the GM shoes could pump out anyways to quinch the thirst for these extremely limited shoes that nike/jb refuse to give us General releases on

this is not hurting resellers at all, if it was they would lower their prices already (which hasnt happened) plus the people selling these things are resellers by the nature that they get shoes for retail or lower and still sell these GM shoes for rape prices. it only slightly puts more shoes into a market that needs more shoes than the GM shoes could pump out anyways to quinch the thirst for these extremely limited shoes that nike/jb refuse to give us General releases on

GM shoes and their production is not common knowledge. People don't know they can buy shoes for around retail. When/if that becomes common knowledge then it will begin to hurt resellers

Last edited:
^very true but the production numbers by jb/nike are the reason why these GM shoes are going for crazy prices, if every release was a GR then the GM shoes and resellers wouldnt exist, the fact that every release is pretty much a limited/quickstrike release makes the resellers able to charge so much and also allow these GM shoes to go for the prices they do as well. the way to stop the resellers prices and the GM frenzy is to either cop at retail and if you dont you do not pay a reseller, then the prices will go down so they can unload their product not at a loss and then GM shoes will go down tremendously and will not be needed by consumers but ultimately will stay around because of the uneducated consumer as always.

I cant say much on this topic because ive never dealt with GM sneakers but I can say this, FC has definitely sold GM sneakers in their NYC location. that's a fact.

au·thor·ize
[aw-thuh-rahyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), au·thor·ized, au·thor·iz·ing.
to give authority or official power to; empower: to authorize an employee to sign purchase orders.
to give authority for; formally sanction (an act or proceeding): Congress authorized the new tax on tobacco.
to establish by authority or usage: an arrangement long authorized by etiquette books.
to afford a ground for; warrant; justify

So, what?

Last edited:
^very true but the production numbers by jb/nike are the reason why these GM shoes are going for crazy prices, if every release was a GR then the GM shoes and resellers wouldnt exist, the fact that every release is pretty much a limited/quickstrike release makes the resellers able to charge so much and also allow these GM shoes to go for the prices they do as well. the way to stop the resellers prices and the GM frenzy is to either cop at retail and if you dont you do not pay a reseller, then the prices will go down so they can unload their product not at a loss and then GM shoes will go down tremendously and will not be needed by consumers but ultimately will stay around because of the uneducated consumer as always.

Remember that Nike is a business, first and foremost. There is a reason why they release shoes the way they do. They have business marketing and financial people who are leagues more knowledgeable than we are. If releasing more pairs was in nikes best (profitable) interest, they would do it. They chose to release things the way they do because it is the most profitable option. Whether we understand why or not. Bottom line they do not care if you get a shoe or not. The resell market does not hurt them in anyway.

Last edited:
i understand that as well but i see them putting out garbage shoes as GR and screw the pooch on the good colorways by limiting them, so why sell shoes that rot on shelves in numerous numbers and then not release enough of the desirable shoes? i dont know why they are doing it but it isnt stricktly driven by profit for some reason because if a shoe sells out in less than 15 minutes and you dont release more so they will sell out within a day makes absolutely no sense and im gunna gripe on the recent Jordan 1 fiasco and just say that for them to limit the cheapest shoe to make and one of the most desirable at the moment is pretty stupid no matter how you put it. im not a marketing person and im sure something i dont know is in the mix but it sure seems ******ed to not give your customers what they want.

I cant say much on this topic because ive never dealt with GM sneakers but I can say this, FC has definitely sold GM sneakers in their NYC location. that's a fact.

thats a given, everyone has sold them because the only way they will turn away shoes for being "GM" is if they look bad. theres very good GM pairs and they wont turn those away... you wanna know why? because they are exactly like the release day pairs.

FC and all other shops dont know anymore than us.

/thread

i understand that as well but i see them putting out garbage shoes as GR and screw the pooch on the good colorways by limiting them, so why sell shoes that rot on shelves in numerous numbers and then not release enough of the desirable shoes? i dont know why they are doing it but it isnt stricktly driven by profit for some reason because if a shoe sells out in less than 15 minutes and you dont release more so they will sell out within a day makes absolutely no sense and im gunna gripe on the recent Jordan 1 fiasco and just say that for them to limit the cheapest shoe to make and one of the most desirable at the moment is pretty stupid no matter how you put it. im not a marketing person and im sure something i dont know is in the mix but it sure seems ******ed to not give your customers what they want.

If they flood the market with too many sneakers, the brand will slowly die. It's not about making a quick buck, they're in it for the long haul. People love exclusive **** and Nike knows that.

Like mentioned before its about the long haul. They may make them limited this time around, build a buzz, and then mass produce down the line to sell out on a larger scale. Case in point the Grapes. In 06 they were an LS release produced in limited numbers even though they were an OG color way. Many people missed out. Fast forward 7 years they're mass produced and made a GR release and sell out almost instantly. It's about the long run and sustainment of the brand. People wanted the royal ones before, but they are desired even more now since they were so limited before. Guaranteeing they won't sit on shelves when they do re release as a GR and mass produced. Trust me they know what they're doing.

Last edited:
yeah true but if they didnt release 5 retros a damn week they wouldnt have to worry about it, they themselves are oversaturating the market with releases all be it limited most of the time but if it was like before (1 release a month or so) everyone could have every shoe and not deal with this damn headache that they created for us

yeah true but if they didnt release 5 retros a damn week they wouldnt have to worry about it, they themselves are oversaturating the market with releases all be it limited most of the time but if it was like before (1 release a month or so) everyone could have every shoe and not deal with this damn headache that they created for us

Like I said, there a method to their madness. If the current system wasn't the most profitable/advantageous in the here and now or down the line for them they wouldn't be using it. You and I are not business experts or financial strategists, so assume that what they're doing is to maximize profit. Even if we don't understand it I'm sure they do. And trust me your frustration means less to them than the whole issue of Grey Market shoes do.

I really enjoy this thread because you get good knowledge, but im so tired of the back n forth. Theres always 1 new person that gets a debate sparked back up. Then they go away .. then another newer one comes and says something to get an argument on legality prices and authenticity and we start all over again

I really enjoy this thread because you get good knowledge, but im so tired of the back n forth. Theres always 1 new person that gets a debate sparked back up. Then they go away .. then another newer one comes and says something to get an argument on legality prices and authenticity and we start all over again
True. These days I just stick around for the comparison pics tho

any1 know why you dont see air jordan 7's from these GM sites
I think they have a hard time replicating the tongue correctly...at least for the ones with unique tongues bordos,raptors,hares, ect. That's actually the main reason I'm skeptical of the grey market, the lack of Jordan 7s...they're the hardest to replicate.

Last edited:
The grey market doesn't "replicate" the sneakers. The grey market is the avenue in which real sneakers, exactly the pairs you get at the store, make it to the consumer, without the company's authorization. If you see a Jordan 7 with a messed up tongue it's most likely a replica shoe not a "grey market" shoe.

Yes we all know what the grey market supposedly is that doesn't explain why they don't sell bordos raptors or hares....if theres anyway to debunk them and saying the grey market is phoney all together it would be the hardest j to counterfit..the 7. Until I see rstor or someone sell a legit looking bordo hare or raptor 7..I'm going to think the grey market is just half fake half legit, same material maybe, but the craftmanship isn't the same. I haven't seen a gm look exactly the same as a retail, there's always something noticeable about it, often the shape.

Last edited:
Look, whether or not "grey market" shoes are real depends on your personal definition of the word. There is an entire neighborhood in China devoted to making replica sneakers, and chances are when you order from mentalkicks, toabao etc, the shoes you receive did not come from a Nike-authorized factory. However, I have ordered shoes from grey market sites and gotten sneakers indistinguishable from those I get from Nike. Of course, its always a gamble. Bottom line, if you want your sneakers early, get them early. And if you need to be sure your shoes are real, more power to you

Just my thoughts on the subject

Last edited:
Once the Gamma 11s hit the GM its going to be interesting. I have a feeling its going to change the way a lot of people feel about it.

I always thought 11s looked like a hybrid rain boot running shoe...lol. Never got why theres so much hype around them.

Last edited:

QFT.

I enjoy this thread when the debate dies out and educational or comparison posts set the tone on the thread. Everyone shares a different opinion on GM shoes, it's pointless to try to get other people to agree.

I guarantee 7/10 people on this thread have thought about buying or trying GM shoes tho since the comparison photos have popped up. A pair of those GM BC3's would look lovely on my feet lol. Those were indistinguishable...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom