Griffey needs to come back

The Mariners need to sign him again I'd love to see him come back I was so sad when he left. They've been in talks with him and working some stuff out.It'd be perfect timing to have him come back with the release of his shoe in April.

I say "why not". Its not like we're gonna be contending for the pennant anytime soon. Who cares if he's a clubhouse cancer - everybody willbe too busy worshipping the ground he walks on while he's here.

With our (Seattle's) luck, he'll probably get injured and miss a majority of the season
mad.gif

i thought it was pretty much said and done, and he had to pass his physical and what not?

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

he has done more for seattle sports then any other athlete, he belongs in seattle...... WELCOME HOME JUNIOR

Foreal though, to me it's been:
1- JR
2- GP/Shawn Kemp

...then others...

yo if/when he does come back, we should have a mini-summit. we all go to a game rockin Griffey shoes and hold 'em up everytime he comes to bat.

we'll get on Spotscenter and be part of a Nike commercial

or not.

At the very least a Jumbotron snip-it.

I'm always down to show my Griffey pride. Sometimes regardless of my surroundings......

i just want to go...it doesn't hurt that i've never been to safeco field either...and the wife has never been to a baseball game...it's too slowpaced for her she says, but she wants to see it in person lol

games AT safeco are alot better than just watching on TV IMO.
my girl cant watch an inning of baseball on TV, but loves going to see games at Safeco

i miss the good ol days at the kingdome, went to a playoff game against the yankees the place was crazy; but Safeco is nice on a summer night, I'm gonna belooking into season tickets if griffey signs. I shedded a tear when griffey came back for his ceremony.

I wanted to get tickets so bad when he came back with cincy i shedded a tear just seein the crowd cheer for him for that long it was amazing if he comes backim gettin opening day tickets lol cant forget the days of refuse to lose i still have a video tape the highlights from that year

Jr's potential return certainly makes me wish I was back in Seattle... Just stay healthy...

If he does return, I wonder if NikeTown's gonna bring back that giant poster they had of him back in the day...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Jr's potential return certainly makes me wish I was back in Seattle... Just stay healthy...

If he does return, I wonder if NikeTown's gonna bring back that giant poster they had of him back in the day...
naw they won't put that poster back up, no way at all....who's there now? sue still?

I believe that dude will take less money and play with the Braves so he can be close to his family. I have nothing but love if that were to be the decision. Tome, it's always family first.

Yup, JR chooses the Braves...Mariners and Atlanta both offered him $2m but he chose ATL. Now I know who to root for in the NL, hopefully JR stays healthy. Inhis position, with pretty much the same amount of money offered to me, I'd choose the team closes to my fam as well.

Seattletimes is getting their info from the Atlanta papers, but sources at MLB who have spoken directly to Griffey say he says he hasnt decided and that hewould by tonight or tomorow morning.

Why? Strictly for the novalty?

IF ANYTHING he should be the new Manager of the team. That would do him better justice. You dont want old washed up ALL stars still playing once there superold. Anyone remember when Patrick Ewing was a Sonic? Exactly. Let the man retire and manage the M's. I.E. Nate McMillian Style.

^ 'Ewing to the Sonics' might not be the best comparison. At that time, they took a gamble on Ewing in hopes that the veteran could make a meaningfulbasketball contribution to the Supes. The thing is, Ewing didn't spend the first 10 years of his career being a superstar in Seattle. To Sonic fans, he wasjust a hall-of-famer who could potentially help the team.

But for Jr., I think its fair to assume that everyone knows its merely a PR move... to help fill Safeco... to give a fairytale ending to the M's legendthat saved baseball in the PNW. Everyone doesn't expect Jr. to put up strong offensive numbers. If he does hit 30 HR's and drive in 75+, great. If hedoesn't, well at least we got to see him have one final tour with the M's.

And to have Jr. as a manager? I don't think he's indicated that he wanted to manage.

My question is, as its very likely that he'll join the Braves, how will it affect the fans' view of him entering the HOF as a Mariner? He wasgiven a chance to rejoin the M's, but didn't. The fan's will undoubtedly be very disappointed/upset/bitter...

EDIT - ok, disregard that pls...
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom