Growing out hair Vol. Dat Lusciousness

just started to grow my hair this month. had it short for like 8 years:x
any of you dudes in the process or will start? any pro tips?
should i maybe trim it once in awhile to keep it neat? or just leave it alone for a year.
dont know what im gonna do once it hits that :x middle stage.:smh:
i want that Thor hair doe :pimp:

Growing mine out too. About a month in. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, though. The females say they miss the waves   

Yo I was in a similar situation last summer. My biggest issue was that middle (
alien.gif
) period. The best advice I can give you, now that I've reached my goal length, is to not be afraid to go in to a barber/salon during that 
sick.gif
 period and have them trim it or style it in a manner that makes it look bearable but still lets you reach your final destination. In fact, I rocked the middle period for a while since I liked it so much before moving on.

Are we talking about "black" curly hair or "white/asian" straight hair?

not black so im not talking about black hair.

My bro has cut my hair for years, he does not know much about long hair tho. I have never been to a salon/barber before in my life, not sure what to ask for when i go there :lol: :nerd: guess ill just tell em to trim it. my game plan for winter is beanies all day. when it gets hotter out, i guess ill be wearing fitteds to the office :smh:

Last edited:
I have curly hair , the jos love it but it's a hassle to wake up get it tidy, which is why I rock fades

I had my hair growing for about 2 years plus some months, longest iv ever had it! I usually kept it really short so it was a nice change, plus i got that nice thick ***, wavy Indian hair. Chopped it off a few months ago though, now i keep it short on the sides and a little longer up top, that professional comb over steez if i need to. Dont forget to get it trimmed though when you are growing it out. I still saw my barber regularly when it was bangin to keep it clean. Damn this post is making me want to grow it out again..hmm

I'm going bald so growing my hair out isn't an option. I could grow it out but it would look terrible so i just shave my head really short and rock a goatee. I've had people tell me i look like Kratos from God of War and Edward Norton from American History X. :lol:

Last edited:
Been growing out my hair since august of last year, i had long hair around 07-08 but chopped it off cuz of a job oppurtunity (That i never got 
tired.gif
) smh tried growing it out again several times always ended up gettin tired of it, But now im so close id say about the end of the year and ill b back to where i was @.

Got more play from the ladies when i had that long hair dnt care
pimp.gif

I'm going bald so growing my hair out isn't an option. I could grow it out but it would look terrible so i just shave my head really short and rock a goatee. I've had people tell me i look like Kratos from God of War and Edward Norton from American History X. :lol:

yup...same here. good thing I've got a pretty good goat game.

I started growing mines out over a year ago, had it cut at 6 months, it had reached a phase where it looke as if I had a mullet, so a stylist trimmed it and gave me a short styled look with layers, after that my hair grew in a much more manageable and presentable way....now I just rock a bun, probably gonna cut it soon....I'll post pics in a few

I'm growing mines but it looks like $#@% because the back and the sides of my head doesn't grow nearly as fast as the top . I plan on braiding it then trimming it so it all could be even but I'm getting mad impatient.

I had long hair in high school and I chopped it off before I graduated.

I tried growing it out again a few times afterwards but always ended up cutting it. Now, 5 years later and a little less than a year into my hair growth and I couldn't be happier.

I got about 7-7.5 inches of hair right now, hoping I hit the 8 inch mark before the 1 year milestone. :D

I grew out my hair for two years before cutting it.

tbh, you don't need to go the stylist and spend all that money. if you want to keep growing it just keep getting shapes up every 2 weeks.

thats what i did and yeah, i know what you mean by the "middle stage" lol, but after that it looks ill.

as for keeping it healthy, dont listen to all the b.s about "leave in conditioners" or any of that nonsense. wash your hair once every two weeks and rub some olive oil into it 3-4 hours prior to washing it.

and lol, ladies loved the hair, but my hair was really dry and weak so after i got braids it started shedding a lot more which forced me to cut it.

hope that helps

and it sucks that im one the many unfortunate that lost my old account during the shift lol oh well.

Cut my dreads off at the end of '09, finally have the opportunity to grow them back :pimp:

Kinda excited.

i want to grow my hair out but i just can't go through that phase where its just ugly as hell 
laugh.gif

yep OP i did the same thing around 09... i had the buzz cut/caesar/crew cut for like 10+ years and then decided for a change... i probably looked better with the crew cut but i felt like outgrew it and it was a haircut for my younger days... in plus why have that cut when i get older i will lose my hair and will be bald so might as well enjoy my hair now...so now i got that faux hawk cut going on now :lol: :pimp:

Growing my hair... Ion do nothin to it... no brushing, no combing, nothin... I rub my hair with  grease and im out the door

I get it lined up every week... tape the back and sides also

Went to da shop today...
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom